Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Tobin/Taylor try to add speed element after Ross went on IR?
Im not quite understanding the logic of Tobin and Taylor of totally
Neglecting the WR core when Ross got shelved
For the season. Looking at the Bengals WR ranks among the other
31 other teams,the Bengals have collectively the slowest group
In.the NFL look.at all the teams embarking on the playoffs
This year....they either have a vertical burner at WR or a TE that
Can move the chains outside of 15 yds.
The Bengals have neither.
And before some of you Tobin Taylor lovers tell me they have Mike Thomas, hes has not shown.me anything regarding big play ability.

Are these 2 clowns so married to.Ericksons abiility to.fair catch
Or fumbling the ball that they couldnt have grabbed another teams
Practuce squad player that at least could have gave this offense
Some much needed speed at WR. Boyd Green.Tate and Higgins
Are big targets but cant blow the top off a secondary.

I just dont understand how this offense genius like Taylor
Doesnt understand what speed can.do vs a defense.
Ask the Bills how Stefan Diggs is working out?
Reply/Quote
Is Ross on ir? I thought he was just inactive on game day?

Benching Ross was a big decision. I mean hes been mostly bad when he played, but had some flashes. I would have been tempted to use him as a 5th wr.

I dont know though. Ultimately hes a bust so hard to 2nd guess.
Reply/Quote
As far as adding speed at wr? Yeah we need it. I think they hoped it was Ross.

Basically impossible to add it during the season?

In the draft? Too many needs and they added Higgins. There were faster wrs, but Higgins has produced.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im not quite understanding the logic of Tobin and Taylor of totally
In.the NFL  look.at all the teams embarking on the playoffs
And before some of you Tobin Taylor lovers tell me they have Mike Thomas, hes has not shown.me anything regarding big play ability.

Why does Taylor/Tobin do any of things they do?

I've often wondered if an Ouija Board was the preferred decision making tool of the franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Who could have the bengals went for? Give names. I don’t much care for Taylor atm either but to just ***** about something and not give names or solution examples doesn’t look good
Reply/Quote
We definitely need to add some speed at WR. Probably our 3rd biggest need after OL & DL, imo. Doesn’t have to be a high pick either (although everyone knows I want Chase if Sewell is gone). I kind of like the idea of someone like Anthony Schwartz in the mid rounds.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:24 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Who could have the bengals went for? Give names. I don’t much care for Taylor atm either but to just ***** about something and not give names or solution examples doesn’t look good

Josh Malone
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Taylor Gabriel
Antonio.Callaway

Either of those 2 would have been upgrades over
Alex Erickson. At least they have reached the end zone before
Reply/Quote
When Ross was healthy...they activated Erickson over him.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Josh Malone

(12-26-2020, 11:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Taylor Gabriel
Antonio.Callaway

Either of those 2 would have been upgrades over
Alex Erickson. At least they have reached the end zone before

Bfine had another name before settling in an ex Bengal who can’t even play for the jets.

Gabriel is 29 years old and can’t get on an active roster.
Callaway has been suspended multiple times which is why no one has picked him up. Zac doesn’t want guys like this on the roster so I can see why he wouldn’t dial his number.

I wouldn’t want those guys either.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:50 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bfine had another name before settling in an ex Bengal who can’t even play for the jets.

Callaway has been suspended multiple times which is why no one has picked him up. Zac doesn’t want guys like this on the roster so I can see why he wouldn’t dial his number.

Gabriel also opted out of the 2020 season, so they couldn't sign him if they wanted to.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 04:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: Gabriel also opted out of the 2020 season, so they couldn't sign him if they wanted to.

The one dude who maybe could help in some way isn’t playing this year. So no real legitimate answers just a guy bitching just to *****
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:50 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bfine had another name before settling in an ex Bengal who can’t even play for the jets.

Any WR that's available in not on an active roster, so to use that as a "reason" not to try them is......

[Image: captain%2Bobvious.jpg]

Admittedly Tyreke Hill is not available but they do have a kid on their PS named Maurice Ffrench. He's a Hill/Hardman type with return experience. He also broke Larry Fitsgerald's single season record at Pitt last year.

The player I listed before Malone was Corey Coleman He's a former 1st rounder with 4.3 speed and has more career catches/yards than John Ross. It's a fact that this team is missing speed at WR and I'm just of the opinion we may be able to find a kid that has some to challenge the likes of Stanley Morgan and his 0 catches.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone want to play QB on this team while waiting behind this offensive line for a vertical threat to get open deep? Yeah, me neither.

Throwing the football wasn't a problem before Burrow went down. Yes, it was a lot of short to intermediate routes, but that was due in part to having to get rid of the football. Still, if Burrow doesn't get hurt this team would have had two 1,000 yard receivers.

Can they get faster at the position? Sure. But Monday night I saw at least 3 times where receivers were open downfield behind defenders and Finley underthrew them. One was the play Boyd suffered a concussion on.
Reply/Quote
What do you mean? We have Erickson Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im not quite understanding the logic of Tobin and Taylor of totally
In.the NFL  look.at all the teams embarking on the playoffs

Not really your topic, but raise your hand if you knew Ross was moved to IR?  I thought they just left him at the airport on the last road trip. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:59 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Anyone want to play QB on this team while waiting behind this offensive line for a vertical threat to get open deep? Yeah, me neither.

Throwing the football wasn't a problem before Burrow went down. Yes, it was a lot of short to intermediate routes, but that was due in part to having to get rid of the football. Still, if Burrow doesn't get hurt this team would have had two 1,000 yard receivers.

Can they get faster at the position? Sure. But Monday night I saw at least 3 times where receivers were open downfield behind defenders and Finley underthrew them. One was the play Boyd suffered a concussion on.

Agree.  Getting a speed receiver before fixing the o-line is a horse-before-cart move.  This team needs to improve on both lines before they start thinking about putting another Ferrari in the garage.  Knowing Mike Brown, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them do the exact opposite of the correct thing.  He loves his shiny toys.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:59 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Anyone want to play QB on this team while waiting behind this offensive line for a vertical threat to get open deep? Yeah, me neither.

This is the issue, IMO.

Ross' speed couldn't be utilized, so we switched to Tate who could make contested catches.

Granted, the interior of the line is in better shape, but we still aren't protecting the QB well enough to force the secondary to respect speed down the field.
Reply/Quote