Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt the Bengals draft Lamar Jackson ?
Has it ever been stated or explained why the Bengals genuis
Front office passed on Lamar Jackson ?
I recall many mock drafts had him going to the Bengals
I had him Going to the.Bengals in my mock draft
The guy simply is game changer.
He might be one of these once in generation QBs.back to back
Years he's putting the Ravens in the playoffs
And of yeah they knocked off the Pats too this year.
The Bengals passing on Jackson just to me really sums
How inept the front office is.
Instead him being a Bengal.....now he's the QB the Bengals
Won't be able to beat in the North aka Big Ben
Reply/Quote
The same reason every other team passed on him. They had a QB, and other needs to address. The Bengals had a bad center, and replaced him with a bad center.

Why didn't Falcons draft him either?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Because QB was far from our most pressing need until the moment it became our most pressing need. That's how we roll!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why did every NFL team pass on Brady 198 times ?

You can play the woulda,coulda,shoulda game with dozens and dozens of players thru the years.
Reply/Quote
Go back and read this board, and see what people were saying about him. Can't make all the passes, will get hit too much, etc. I mentioned I would like to draft him and have him sit behind Dalton for a year and was called a homer.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Has it ever been stated or explained why the Bengals genuis
Front office passed on Lamar Jackson ?
I recall many mock drafts had him going to the Bengals
The guy simply is game changer.
He might be one of these once in generation QBs.back to back
Years he's putting the Ravens in the playoffs
And of yeah they knocked off the Pats too this year.
The Bengals passing on Jackson just to me really sums
How inept the front office is.
Instead him being a Bengal.....now he's the QB the Bengals
Won't be able to beat in the North  aka Big Ben

Two words: Mike motha truckin' Brown! Mike Brown is going to do things the Mike Brown way and Mike Brown says Lamar Jackson ain't getting drafted by Mike Brown's Suckas, er, Bengals. No way is Mike Brown drafting a running back and having him play QB. Sure, Mike Brown will have no problem having a DLman trying to play OLman, but no way is he going to have one of these dynamic, might-as-well-be-running-back running QBs on Mike Brown's team. Nope. Not a Mike Brown chance in Mike Brown hell.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote:  

No you did not, and neither did anyone here.

Here is a thread you started before the 2018 draft and not one person (including you) suggests we should draft Jackson.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-players-at-21-could-impact-this-franchise-right-away?highlight=jackson
Reply/Quote
Why didnt the Bengals Hire Greg Roman? That is the only way Lamar Jackson would have worked in Cincy or pretty much anywhere else. Have you seen that offense?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you did not, and neither did anyone here.

Here is a thread you started before the 2018 draft and not one person (including you) suggests we should draft Jackson.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-players-at-21-could-impact-this-franchise-right-away?highlight=jackson

I never said which mock draft. Anybody that does mock drafts 
Can tell you  everytime they do mock drafts they change 
They don't stay the same 
The mock draft you do in March is different than the final one 
You do the week of the draft 
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is there were only a few people on this board who even considered it, and everyone else said we had bigger needs (which we did) Now we hear how the FO was crazy for not drafting him. 20/20 is always easy to predict.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you did not, and neither did anyone here.

By the way Fred...I just reread my posting 
I said "difference maker right out the gate "
My thinking was aligned with a player like Lamar.
I win 
Reply/Quote
Because he isn't that good and Quarterbacks who are built by running the ball don't last in the league. Take out his games against Us and the Dolphins and you get an average QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
At the time, we didn't really have a need there.

But let it be known (for fred) I'm on record for drafting Hurts
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 07:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At the time, we didn't really have a need there.

But let it be known (for fred) I'm on record for drafting Hurts

I'm with you on Hurts 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 07:22 PM)J24 Wrote: Because he isn't that good and Quarterbacks who are built by running the ball don't last in the league. Take out his games against Us and the Dolphins and you get an average QB.

That’s a pretty weak take. Completion percentage is good. Passer rating is very good. The running threat forces defenses to change schemes. Dude is a once in a decade talent, and is being properly used in Baltimore. He will be even scarier next year once they improve the defense and nab another playmaking WR.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bottom line is there were only a few people on this board who even considered it, and everyone else said we had bigger needs (which we did) Now we hear how the FO was crazy for not drafting him. 20/20 is always easy to predict.

I wanted the Bengals to draft him and several other QB's for the simple reason I did not feel we could ever get over the hump with Dalton. ML pretty much said every year they will draft BPA except the QB spot. So ML was going to live or die with Dalton. 

For reasons only the Inbreds know, they thought they could win with Dalton or they felt comfortable knowing he would bring them the much needed annual mediocrity. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Go back and read this board, and see what people were saying about him. Can't make all the passes, will get hit too much, etc. I mentioned I would like to draft him and have him sit behind Dalton for a year and was called a homer.

Ahhh. So you wanted him to be a loser?

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: By the way Fred...I just reread my posting 
I said "difference maker right out the gate "
My thinking was aligned with a player like Lamar.
I win 

You had to reread to find your alignment? I’m not confident that you were confident in you defense of the accusation? Are you a lawyer too? Good recovery, but suspicious.  Hmm

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Why didnt the Bengals Hire Greg Roman? That is the only way Lamar Jackson would have worked in Cincy or pretty much anywhere else. Have you seen that offense?

Yep. Our coaches would probably have him throwing 63 times a game and never running.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I never said which mock draft. Anybody that does mock drafts 
Can tell you  everytime they do mock drafts they change 
They don't stay the same 
The mock draft you do in March is different than the final one 
You do the week of the draft 

You probably do 64 NCAA March Madness brackets and also pick the winner every year too!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote