Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt the Bengals draft Lamar Jackson ?
(11-15-2019, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the simple reason why they didn't draft him was because they didn't feel like they needed a QB.

That's the thing...QB was almost the last thing we needed going into 2019 and now we are almost certainly using the 1st overall pick on a QB. Boy did that do a 180.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 06:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's the thing...QB was almost the last thing we needed going into 2019 and now we are almost certainly using the 1st overall pick on a QB. Boy did that do a 180.

There are definitely bigger problems on the team than Andy. But, there are so many big problems that they may as well go QB.

We're not 1-2-3 or even 4 or 5 players away.

Now, IF we had a new coaching staff...that was capable...we might improve fairly quickly.

I doubt Taylor gets fired. 0-16...he's still here.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 06:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are definitely bigger problems on the team than Andy. But, there are so many big problems that they may as well go QB.

We're not 1-2-3 or even 4 or 5 players away.

Now, IF we had a new coaching staff...that was capable...we might improve fairly quickly.

I doubt Taylor gets fired. 0-16...he's still here.

If we're several players away, then drafting a QB makes zero sense to me. There's a 50% chance that any QB we draft won't be much better than what we have. Chase Young and that T who's name is escaping me are hands down better than what we have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What's that old saying....it's better to look for a new job when you already have one.
In 2016 and 2017...Flacco and Dalton were both going
Down the same road numbers wise.
Both threw for 4000 yds in 2017 and under 30 TDs.
The Ravens knew they could no longer win with Flacco.
The offense stagnated with him.
So instead of waiting for Flacco to totally unhinged
Then try to find a replacement they went ahead and got LJ.
They bench Flacco and still went to the playoffs.
Seamless transition.
But the Bengals front office is so conservative and stuck
In the past with how they regard the QB position
Reply/Quote
Even the Ravens didn’t take him with their first pick. They took TE Hayden Hurst at 25 then they took LJ at 32.
Reply/Quote
I wanted him and at the time i was still a pretty big Dalton homer/fan. (still a fan). Figured it would be easier to use his skills rather than trying to rebuild a entire line.

Here is how i came to that conclusion. 

best played on "mute" imo

Reply/Quote