Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate?
(01-30-2024, 03:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, Trump's team has spent the past year or so working with the states to rig the primaries in his favor. What do you expect?

I mean, when the RNC chair got caught on recording participating in election interference. I was hoping maybe the election rigging days were behind them... Ha tricks on me, I didn't expect the authoritarian power grab just in the party or so many Republican leaders bending the knee after the only two primaries Iowa and New Hampshire.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: RFK manages to keep getting weirder.  He went from a democrat who wanted to primary Biden, to being an independent who was going to take votes from Biden, to an independent who was going to take votes from Trump, to possibly being Trump's VP.  Lordy loo, the guy is everything and yet nothing. 

FYI... he is currently negotiating with the Libertarian Party for permission to attend the national convention and seek their nomination. RFK will be speaking at the upcoming California State convention.
Stay tuned...

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 11:01 PM)pally Wrote: I guess you missed the part that Trump was behind the coronation attempt and backed down when he got massive pushback

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnns-kaitlan-collins-reveals-that-trump-was-secretly-behind-rnc-plan-to-coronate-him-that-he-publicly-rejected/

Yeah, Trump wants to sew this up ASAP to avoid complications at the convention due to his pending legal issues.

(01-31-2024, 06:29 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: FYI... he is currently negotiating with the Libertarian Party for permission to attend the national convention and seek their nomination. RFK will be speaking at the upcoming California State convention.
Stay tuned...

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Well, he has been backed and advised by MAGA folks all along, so really he should just be seen as a chaos agent to be honest.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I had to stop reading almost immediately when I spotted No Labels. What a load of shit right wing nonsensical tripe that is concocted up by factions of the right wing hoping to water down the Democratic party when the republican party doesn't know whether to shit or go blind. The leading candidate for the party is bleeding support faster than a multiple gunshot and knife wound victim who got run over by a steam roller and the runner up is the former governor of the first state to secede from the union and doesn't even know why they took us to war in the 1800s in the first place. 
Afraid of a third party? That's hilarious. The Republican party is doing everything in its power to commit suicide screaming from the rooftops, "I'll jump!  Don't make me do it! I'll jump!" from the basement of a building without a basement. 
Meanwhile there's the ever popular conspiracy theory that Taylor Swift is an all powerful Democratic psyops operation to get Travis Kelse to come out at half time at the super bowl with her waving a Joe Biden flag threatening to murder millions of completely innocent babies who attacked the Capitol back on January 6th in a completely innocent tourist visit. 
Meanwhile the leader of the cult has lost every legal case against him and Judge Ludic, an ABSOLUTE LION of right wing legal circles and the Federalist Society has written an amica (sp) brief to the Supreme Court telling them to damned well do their jobs and find him unqualified to be on the ballot. 
Let's not forget Marge, Jim, Bobo the clown in Colorado, Matt, and the rest of the long list of stupid characters who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions stamped on the heel..
And we're supposed to be afraid of a party that doesn't exist?   Hilarious  If it makes you feel any better I'm more afraid that the tooth fairy is going to demand a refund because I wear dentures now..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a much different election dynamic than the Ross Perot days. Very few street level Dems will tell you that they fervently love Biden being the candidate. Al lot of Republicans will also tell you that they have apprehensions about Trump. None of that matters in this scenario. This election is about whether you love Trump or hate him. Plain and simple. Nobody with any understanding or interest in party politics is going to break ranks in 2024 to make a point. They just want to make sure the other guy loses. This is more true than ever.

Manchin has zero shot. RFK has zero shot. Even campaigning as spoilers would be a waste of time and money. People aren't stupid. They know a Manchin vote is a vote for Trump if it came to be. Also, RFK as a VP is highly unlikely to sway anyone to the left of Richard Nixon to vote for Trump. If RFK had that kind of sway, he wouldn't have run from the idea of a primary with Biden. They guy has almost no juice with anyone other than people who already support Trump.

Third party politics may be a fairer concept than the current system, but as it stands they are barely even viable spoilers. People are way too divided and dug in to stray from their tent. This isn't Bush V Gore.

The only candidate with any shot as a 3rd party option is the current (likely) Republican challenger. Trump could probably convince a large enough number of the MAGA folk to leave the GOP if he chose to do so. His hold on the ones who follow him is virtually unbreakable. He is their god moreso than their claimed actual god. Honestly, he could destroy that party if it suited him. But that's not what's happening. What we see is what we get. No reason to deceive ourselves.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 02:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: Meanwhile there's the ever popular conspiracy theory that Taylor Swift is an all powerful Democratic psyops operation to get Travis Kelse to come out at half time at the super bowl with her waving a Joe Biden flag threatening to murder millions of completely innocent babies who attacked the Capitol back on January 6th in a completely innocent tourist visit.

It's true. Ravens were paid to lay down for the Chiefs; funds came directly from the DNC. (My cousin in CA works with a guy whose wife went to HS with the father of Biden's limousine driver. He told his father who told her that the deal went down in the limo to so there'd be no internet trail.)

Chiefs and Niners have already secretly agreed to time a Niners loss to the Swift announcement for Biden at the Superbowl.

Niners players will be compensated for the loss AFTER Biden wins the election--double the amount they'd have earned from winning.

To get them to play along, the NFL has also agreed to rig the 2025 superbowl in their favor; Biden will raise taxes on the working class and rural citizens to compensate the NFL and whatever AFC team makes the Superbowl.

My take: this isn't really Biden, as he is just to deep in dementia to plan this; it's his handlers. They are the real power behind his presidency and beholden to the LGBQT lobby, BLM and Soros.

Wake up folks!  This is how the Dems work now. Fake news is ignoring the story or trying to bury it as yet another "pizzagate-SEALS-did-Sandy-Hook-Hillary-killed-Seth" style conspiracy theory
Reply/Quote
“Fed up with Biden, some left-leaning young voters are turning to 3rd-party candidates in the 2024 election”
https://news.yahoo.com/fed-up-with-biden-some-left-leaning-young-voters-are-turning-to-3rd-party-candidates-in-the-2024-election-222347492.html
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 10:18 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: “Fed up with Biden, some left-leaning young voters are turning to 3rd-party candidates in the 2024 election”
https://news.yahoo.com/fed-up-with-biden-some-left-leaning-young-voters-are-turning-to-3rd-party-candidates-in-the-2024-election-222347492.html

Yup. There was already a lot of unhappiness with Biden, but the situation in Gaza has turned that up a lot. Pelosi certainly didn't help that this past weekend.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 12:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol

Great rebuttal. Well thought out and compelling.

I would like to remind everyone about the Trans Anarchist Satanist who won the Republican bid for sheriff for simply having R next to her name on the ballot as evidence of my claim.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 08:54 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Great rebuttal. Well thought out and compelling.

I would like to remind everyone about the Trans Anarchist Satanist who won the Republican bid for sheriff for simply having R next to her name on the ballot as evidence of my claim.

How much thought is supposed to be put into replying to someone saying "That group's poop smells bad, but my group's poop smells like roses"? Newsflash, they're both pooping, and it both smells like shit regardless of anecdotal stories.

Meanwhile...

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/10/21/large-shares-of-voters-plan-to-vote-a-straight-party-ticket-for-president-senate-and-house/?org=982&lvl=100&ite=7381&lea=1630208&ctr=0&par=1&trk=
[Image: PP_2020.10.21_split-icket-voting_0-01.png?w=535]

When it came time for a President, your party also voted for a rich old straight white guy with cognitive problems to be President. There's zero chance he would have won all of your vote if he had an I or an R next to his name, so it wasn't because you all loved him so much as a candidate... so what was the difference? It was the D next to his name which means he would go against the rich old straight white guy with cognitive problems that had an R next to his name.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 12:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How much thought is supposed to be put into replying to someone saying "That group's poop smells bad, but my group's poop smells like roses"? Newsflash, they're both pooping, and it both smells like shit regardless of anecdotal stories.

Meanwhile...

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/10/21/large-shares-of-voters-plan-to-vote-a-straight-party-ticket-for-president-senate-and-house/?org=982&lvl=100&ite=7381&lea=1630208&ctr=0&par=1&trk=
[Image: PP_2020.10.21_split-icket-voting_0-01.png?w=535]

When it came time for a President, your party also voted for a rich old straight white guy with cognitive problems to be President. There's zero chance he would have won all of your vote if he had an I or an R next to his name, so it wasn't because you all loved him so much as a candidate... so what was the difference? It was the D next to his name which means he would go against the rich old straight white guy with cognitive problems that had an R next to his name.

So you're saying you didn't vote for a rich old straight white guy?

I didn't vote for Biden because of the letter next to his name. I voted for Biden because I'd of rather stuck my dick in a blender than suffer 4 more years of Trump and his cultists ***** the economy harder than he ****** them kids at Epstein Island.

Truth be told, I voted McCain and W. Bush for his 2nd term.

I don't give enough of a shit about parties or battle lines. I care about what's good for the country and - historically and factually speaking - Democrats are better for the country. 
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So you're saying you didn't vote for a rich old straight white guy?

I didn't vote for Biden because of the letter next to his name. I voted for Biden because I'd of rather stuck my dick in a blender than suffer 4 more years of Trump and his cultists ***** the economy harder than he ****** them kids at Epstein Island.

Truth be told, I voted McCain and W. Bush for his 2nd term.

I don't give enough of a shit about parties or battle lines. I care about what's good for the country and - historically and factually speaking - Democrats are better for the country. 

Nope, I voted Jorgensen. I didn't feed the Patriarchy like all you sexist Republicans and Democrats ( Ninja just in case it was actually needed for the second sentence)

It's not about you and what you did specifically. I don't really know you so you could very well be a very measured and thoughtful voter who doesn't take parties into consideration. The thing I laughed at is that you categorized the entire Democrat party of voters that way. 

I guarantee you the overwhelming majority of Democrats didn't vote for McCain or W's 2nd term and the majority hadn't ever voted for any R. They wouldn't have voted for Biden if he had an I or an R next to his name even if he was the best chance at beating Trump. Fact is in our 2 party system, the vast majority of voters just go with the party they support. Neither party is special in that way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope, I voted Jorgensen. I didn't feed the Patriarchy like all you sexist Republicans and Democrats ( Ninja just in case it was actually needed for the second sentence)

It's not about you and what you did specifically. I don't really know you so you could very well be a very measured and thoughtful voter who doesn't take parties into consideration. The thing I laughed at is that you categorized the entire Democrat party of voters that way. 

I guarantee you the overwhelming majority of Democrats didn't vote for McCain or W's 2nd term and the majority hadn't ever voted for any R. They wouldn't have voted for Biden if he had an I or an R next to his name even if he was the best chance at beating Trump. Fact is in our 2 party system, the vast majority of voters just go with the party they support. Neither party is special in that way.

Eh I painted with a broad brush. In defense of that, you don't see Democratic voters slapping bumper stickers and flying flags that say "Better Dead Than Voting Republican", or something along those lines.

Maybe it's just the aggressiveness with which Conservatives vote R without a second thought I should've brought to light. Democratic voters just don't wear their affiliation on their sleeves - around where I live, at the very least.

None of that to say I haven't seen a fair number of Democratic/Liberal stickers and flags, but it's like a 20/1 ratio.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 04:37 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh I painted with a broad brush. In defense of that, you don't see Democratic voters slapping bumper stickers and flying flags that say "Better Dead Than Voting Republican", or something along those lines.

Maybe it's just the aggressiveness with which Conservatives vote R without a second thought I should've brought to light. Democratic voters just don't wear their affiliation on their sleeves - around where I live, at the very least.

None of that to say I haven't seen a fair number of Democratic/Liberal stickers and flags, but it's like a 20/1 ratio.

I was going to do some lock him up bumper stickers and put Biden in front of an American Flag Shooting two machine guns. But thought to myself. If they are stupid enough to fall for Qanon and so disrespectful that they will storm the capitol and try to overthrow our government… I don’t want to have to spend time in court for shooting someone in self defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to do some lock him up bumper stickers and put Biden in front of an American Flag Shooting two machine guns. But thought to myself. If they are stupid enough to fall for Qanon and so disrespectful that they will storm the capitol and try to overthrow our government… I don’t want to have to spend time in court for shooting someone in self defense.

I'm not too hip with the kids, but they do have that Dark Brandon stuff, but I also think it was intentionally made over the top and insane as a means to show people how silly it is that Trump merch and propaganda is faker than all the Instagram model photos combined.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not too hip with the kids, but they do have that Dark Brandon stuff, but I also think it was intentionally made over the top and insane as a means to show people how silly it is that Trump merch and propaganda is faker than all the Instagram model photos combined.

I was in North Myrtle Beach last summer, and never again, and they had a Trump Store. Yes, a Trump Store.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 12:17 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I was in North Myrtle Beach last summer, and never again, and they had a Trump Store. Yes, a Trump Store.

I assume Trump merch is like lottery tickets in the sense that you have a few folks who are "heavy-users" and make up the majority of purchases.  Maybe Trump is more like KISS the band...I mean when was the last time you met someone who owned 1 piece of KISS merch?  It's either 0 or like 100+.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 01:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume Trump merch is like lottery tickets in the sense that you have a few folks who are "heavy-users" and make up the majority of purchases.  Maybe Trump is more like KISS the band...I mean when was the last time you met someone who owned 1 piece of KISS merch?  It's either 0 or like 100+.

You’re right. One guy who reports to me is obsessed with KISS. And much like Trump, I just don’t get it. KISS *also* sucks.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 01:41 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You’re right. One guy who reports to me is obsessed with KISS. And much like Trump, I just don’t get it. KISS *also* sucks.

KISS from 1974 to 1979 is surprisingly good, once 1980 hit it was like life for the middle class of the USA...all downhill.

See?  I made it political.
Reply/Quote
Just you guys wait and see. Someday in the future being a flat out liar about every word that leaves ones mouth will become unfashionable. It'll be pure anarchy I tell yas! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote