Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why do the Bengals best players almost always leave in some sort of controversy...
Controversy with the franchise? Other teams have a ring of honor, the Bengals best players generally leave either in free agency and/or disgraced or with controversy. Some appear to force their way out. In any case, it isn't a happy ending.

Pickens
Palmer
Dillon
Spikes
Dunlap
Joseph
Ochocinco

I'm sure we could make a longer list. Who am I missing?

Man it would be nice if these guys finished their careers here and then we had a ring of honor.
Reply/Quote
Because we don't win playoff games.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I think that's part, but I think the fact that our operations are different than successful teams plays in.

You can either blame management or player and coaches. Here it seems our best players take the fall. And too often fans fall for it...look at Dunlap. People thought the team was laying down the law at 1st.
Reply/Quote
Whit left on bad terms after being told by that ***** Troy Blackburn he’s not worth re-signing.

It looks like things will end badly with AJ.

We just can’t have nice things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah I was thinking of Whit when I created this.
Reply/Quote
I remember Alfred Williams took less money to go to Denver, because he wanted out so bad.
Reply/Quote
Because unlike the Patriots who know how to get rid of them a year early, the Bengals just can't take the hint when it's time to move on from their "star" players. The ex that doesn't know it's over. Until it gets messy.

And then the molehill is a mountain.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Controversy with the franchise? Other teams have a ring of honor, the Bengals best  players generally leave either in free agency and/or disgraced or with controversy. Some appear to force their way out. In any case, it isn't a happy ending.

Pickens
Palmer
Dillon
Spikes
Dunlap
Joseph
Ochocinco

Man it would be nice if these guys finished their careers here and then we had a ring of honor.

Awesome.thread. 
I think it comes down too the Brown family not going the extra mile to help build a winner and creatiing a culture on par with 
The Steelers
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit left on bad terms after being told by that ***** Troy Blackburn he’s not worth re-signing.

It looks like things will end badly with AJ.

We just can’t have nice things.

The only reason it's ending badly with AJ is because AJ has sucked. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: Because unlike the Patriots who know how to get rid of them a year early, the Bengals just can't take the hint when it's time to move on from their "star" players. The ex that doesn't know it's over. Until it gets messy.

Yep

The Mike Brown loyalty clause plus "we can't make other teams better"
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: The only reason it's ending badly with AJ is because AJ has sucked. 

Just like Dunlap, right?

AJ is definitely nowhere close to what he once was, but I highly doubt he’s truly as bad as we’re seeing either. There’s absolutely an effort issue, imo, and that comes down to being disgruntled with the coach and the team in general. He did have 2 good games against Cleveland and Indy earlier this season, which makes you wonder why it’s been so bad the rest of the time.

Reply/Quote
Mike
Brown

None of the guys from the 70's or the first SB team left under a cloud like that. This is a telling indicator of the Family's dysfunction (or worse).

Boomer belong on that list?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:22 AM)SladeX Wrote: Mike
Brown

None of the guys from the 70's or the first SB team left under a cloud like that. This is a telling indicator of the Family's dysfunction (or worse).

Ding Ding Ding
Reply/Quote
Lack of accountability by the front office/ownership. There is always an excuse and reason why they can't do something. That's the difference between the Bengals vs the Steelers or Ravens.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It sounds like we might have another one coming up. The beat guys are noting that WJ3 has been having frustrations for a while. We should probably be prepared to watch him sign with another team this offseason barring a franchise tag.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Controversy with the franchise? Other teams have a ring of honor, the Bengals best  players generally leave either in free agency and/or disgraced or with controversy. Some appear to force their way out. In any case, it isn't a happy ending.

Pickens
Palmer
Dillon
Spikes
Dunlap
Joseph
Ochocinco

Antonio Brown
Le'Veon Bell 
James Harrison...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: Because unlike the Patriots who know how to get rid of them a year early, the Bengals just can't take the hint when it's time to move on from their "star" players. The ex that doesn't know it's over. Until it gets messy.

This is also true.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:22 AM)SladeX Wrote: Mike
Brown

Paul Brown was a great influence on the team and the NFL, not so much on his son unfortunately. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: The only reason it's ending badly with AJ is because AJ has sucked. 

The Bengals were trying to work out a multi-year contract with him before the season. Can you imagine if he signed that?

AJ was like don't franchise tag me, then DIDN'T sign that contract. We should be thanking him.

I mean he's basically missed 2 seasons and is now 32. IF you look at his numbers from an unbiased view, due to injury...his best years were his 5 years of his rookie contract. Since then, he's went down hill.
Reply/Quote
M
(12-09-2020, 01:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just like Dunlap, right?

AJ is definitely nowhere close to what he once was, but I highly doubt he’s truly as bad as we’re seeing either. There’s absolutely an effort issue, imo, and that comes down to being disgruntled with the coach and the team in general. He did have 2 good games against Cleveland and Indy earlier this season, which makes you wonder why it’s been so bad the rest of the time.

Interestingly enough ... those two good games came right around the trade deadline. I wonder if he/we were trying to showcase him to fetch a decent trade offer.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote