Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we worry about minorities in this country?
(09-16-2015, 03:52 PM)Benton Wrote: [Image: putin-meme.jpg]

Just like he took one of Bob Kraft's Super Bowl rings....lol
(09-16-2015, 04:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Just like he took one of Bob Kraft's Super Bowl rings....lol

But, that was a gift.... It's Kraft's fault for not knowing proper Russian gift giving etiquette.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I wondered what this thread was about but then I saw who started it and now I understand .
(09-18-2015, 10:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wondered what this thread was about but then I saw who started it and now I understand .

I usually read the actual thread if I'm wondering what it's about Ninja
(09-18-2015, 10:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wondered what this thread was about but then I saw who started it and now I understand .

No you don't.   Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-18-2015, 10:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I usually read the actual thread if I'm wondering what it's about Ninja

Lol yeah but with dino its usually a bunch of random memes, slamming bush, slamming Fox News, and calling someone else a racist/sexist/homophobe.

That's pretty standard operating procedure
(09-18-2015, 06:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol yeah but with dino its usually a bunch of random memes, slamming bush, slamming Fox News, and calling someone else a racist/sexist/homophobe.    

That's pretty standard operating procedure

I just do that to confuse people who can't read and or are racist/sexist/homphobic.

[Image: gif-jump-bow-archer-354815.gif]
(09-18-2015, 09:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just do that to confuse people who can't read and or are racist/sexist/homphobic.

[Image: gif-jump-bow-archer-354815.gif]

You think your slamming me but it's just showing your bias. I at least say what I mean and back it up without calling anyone names. You can't seem to make a point without somehow making it a personal insult towards me.

But that's ok. Your weakness is noted.
(09-16-2015, 09:21 AM)xxlt Wrote: This whole thing falls under the heading of just because someone says it doesn't make it true. It's all baseless rhetoric that, yes, some morons believe.

[Image: zwo4w.jpg]
(09-16-2015, 09:21 AM)xxlt Wrote: Or, as someone said the other day, "No politician ever got elected overestimating the intelligence of the American people."

[Image: 27y9vrr.png]
(09-19-2015, 12:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You think your slamming me but it's just showing your bias.   I at least say what I mean and back it up without calling anyone names.    You can't seem to make a point without somehow making it a personal insult towards me.  

But that's ok.  Your weakness is noted.

Smirk

Lucy you are at least right that your words speak for themselves.
(09-16-2015, 09:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: If you're referring to Obama being called a Muslim as "baseless rhetoric", you either have your head in the sand or just can't stand your guy being scrutinized.

Its not rhetoric, and certainly not baseless.

You're correct about if someone says its true does not mean it is. So lets hear it from the horses mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY

"Baseless" you say?

Gr8 b8 m8.
(09-16-2015, 09:21 AM)xxlt Wrote: But it a percentage of Americans (and a high percentage it is) can't think for themselves

This is exactly right. We have become a nation of followers. The way kids are taught in school doesn't teach them to think independently. Social media doesn't teach them to think independently. Going to church on Sunday doesn't teach them to think independently. I would even dare to bet that more than 80% of the US population tends to be followers...and growing. It is now the prevailing mindset.

I have been trying to impact that in my classroom. I am constantly giving them assignments that require them to think critically and problem solve. In the beginning of the year, they look at me like deer in the headlights. But they do better and better as the year goes on. You would be amazed at just how little independent thinking kids are required to do, both at home and in school. It is a learned skill. We should be more cognizant of that fact overall. We should ask it more of kids both at home and at school. I am constantly pointing out to my daughter examples of where people don't even bother to think about what was just said, they simply agree with it. Its kinda scary.
(09-20-2015, 10:00 AM)Beaker Wrote: This is exactly right. We have become a nation of followers. The way kids are taught in school doesn't teach them to think independently. Social media doesn't teach them to think independently. Going to church on Sunday doesn't teach them to think independently. I would even dare to bet that more than 80% of the US population tends to be followers...and growing. It is now the prevailing mindset.

I have been trying to impact that in my classroom. I am constantly giving them assignments that require them to think critically and problem solve. In the beginning of the year, they look at me like deer in the headlights. But they do better and better as the year goes on. You would be amazed at just how little independent thinking kids are required to do, both at home and in school. It is a learned skill. We should be more cognizant of that fact overall. We should ask it more of kids both at home and at school. I am constantly pointing out to my daughter examples of where people don't even bother to think about what was just said, they simply agree with it. Its kinda scary.

You're very right. Independent, critical thinking is so absent today. I have to take some gen eds for the degree I am working on and so am in classes with teenagers. They have such a hard tome putting together "if this, then that" without it being spoon fed to them. We had an assignment where we had to reverse an equation from what the notes showed. We were given the answer we had been searching for when practicing and had to find the beginning variable. Probably 70% of these kids could not do it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-19-2015, 12:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You think your slamming me but it's just showing your bias.   I at least say what I mean and back it up without calling anyone names.    You can't seem to make a point without somehow making it a personal insult towards me.  

But that's ok.  Your weakness is noted.

The bold is a personal insult.

Your hypocrisy is noted.  Again.