Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does 5-4 seem so familiar?
Same record we had last two seasons when we went to the Super Bowl and then the AFC championship game. In fact we were 7-6 in '21 when we went to the Super Bowl.

Not ready to freak out yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:15 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Same record we had last two seasons when we went to the Super Bowl and then the AFC championship game. In fact we were 7-6 in '21 when we went to the Super Bowl.

Sure, but they were 2nd in their division at that time  (2022 season). Cleveland was 3 and 5, and Pittsburgh was 2 and 6. The Bengals only had the Ravens ahead of them (also by one game). Right now, the Bengals are behind all three of their opponents in the division. And those opponents are much, much improved this year.

Sure, not time to freak out. But they're in a hole and if they don't win on Thursday, the Bengals are going to need to count on other teams to help them just make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:15 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Same record we had last two seasons when we went to the Super Bowl and then the AFC championship game. In fact we were 7-6 in '21 when we went to the Super Bowl.

Because as pointed out we were not last in the AFC North, 0-2 and 1-4 in AFC.... freakout can come in one game, if we loss to the Ravens
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Because as pointed out we were not last in the AFC North, 0-2 and 1-4 in AFC.... freakout can come in one game, if we loss to the Ravens

We were 0-3 in the division last year at this point with only two AFC wins iirc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bengals were also 5-4 in 2018 and then had to play @Ravens as their 10th game of the season.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:15 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Same record we had last two seasons when we went to the Super Bowl and then the AFC championship game. In fact we were 7-6 in '21 when we went to the Super Bowl.

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: We were 0-3 in the division last year at this point with only two AFC wins iirc.

Definitely isn't over, but I do think Thursday will tell us a lot about whether this team is going to repeat their previous late season form or not. If they drop the ball again on Thursday it beings to look rough. The tiebreakers are an enormous drain on our chances right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:24 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We were 0-3 in the division last year at this point with only two AFC wins iirc.

stand corrected on the 0-3 but this year is still worse 1-4 vs 2-3 last year in AFC and i still believe we were 2nd place last year vs last place now in our division.. and i do believe we were not missing three major starters last year going into a short week and playing Ravens.. just seems a bit worse, but we did win at Pittsburgh last year game 10, so lets hope we can do it again vs Ravens
Reply/Quote
This isn't last year - every other team in the division is at least 6-3 and we are banged up. It's different. Just stop with this stuff.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This thread has been already been covered and closed up. Anyone with any amount of sense knows why this season is different. On top of the fact that the confidence level can’t be anywhere close to the same in our Defense, and our Offense has always been suspect and inconsistent. It’s not time to panic, yet. They lose Thursday, that effectively puts them 4 games behind Baltimore with 7 games left. The division hopes and hone field are all but evaporated at at that point. A playoff spot at that point with the upcoming schedule and the amount of teams viable and ahead of them is dicey at best.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Because as pointed out we were not last in the AFC North, 0-2 and 1-4 in AFC.... freakout can come in one game, if we loss to the Ravens

x2
Reply/Quote
I'm one of the more optimistic people on here, but after yesterday's game, man, if we lose to the Ravens on Thursday, I don't know. I might be on the "season is over" bandwagon with the negative Nancies.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Man, it’s exactly the same scenario. Everything is fine!!!! 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of the more optimistic people on here, but after yesterday's game, man, if we lose to the Ravens on Thursday, I don't know. I might be on the "season is over" bandwagon with the negative Nancies.

Division is cooked - not sure I'd count us out of the playoffs, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

While true, having 4 losses already probably will mean the Bengals don't get the top seed in the AFC, possibly not even a division winner.

It sure would be nice to actually lead the conference for once. I was hoping for that this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The difference is our defense was better last year. This defense is not the same without Bates and Bell and although he was not great Eli Apple knew where to be on the field and was a valuable part of this defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Division is cooked - not sure I'd count us out of the playoffs, though. 

I'm not giving up, but we've dug ourselves a HUGE hole and while I'm confident we CAN get out of it, I'm just not as confident that we WILL get out of it as I was before the Texans game.

We beat the Ravens though on Thursday, and I'll be right back with the "we're going all the way" talk, I can guarantee you that. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote