Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Duke get a pass
I had no idea Duke led the search for our HC (link below) I’m sure most of you knew this already. With the team 0-6 and the horrible drafts lately why does this guy keep getting a free pass. If Brown gives up on ZT will it be the last straw for Duke as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/05/mike-brown-duke-tobin-lead-search-zac-taylor/amp/
Reply/Quote
To me he is the first guy that has to go but will he? Probably not.
As to why well he is Mike's guy and the only one outside of the family to be given any power in the front office.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Tobin gets no pass. He is as complicit in this clusterfuck as Katie and Blackburn.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well...as he isn't related to them...he's probably the only member of management with a chance of being fired.

His dad was a decent personnel guy and Duke's been with the Bengals since 1999. 20 years! They may as well have adopted him!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I had no idea Duke led the search for our HC (link below) I’m sure most of you knew this already. With the team 0-6 and the horrible drafts lately why does this guy keep getting a free pass. If Brown gives up on ZT will it be the last straw for Duke as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/05/mike-brown-duke-tobin-lead-search-zac-taylor/amp/

well I think taylor and duke will be linked on that hotseat.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well I think taylor and duke will be linked on that hotseat.

While I think you give a coach more than 1 year, it's hard to say. IF Taylor had a lot of say in personnel and the Bengals feel his coaching hires were bad...he could be 1 and done.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While I think you give a coach more than 1 year, it's hard to say. IF Taylor had a lot of say in personnel and the Bengals feel his coaching hires were bad...he could be 1 and done.

if they start to show some improvement and movement in the right direction...  If they are flat all year I don't see how you can bring them back.

especially if the goal is to get as much out of the roster as we can and not tear down to build up.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if they start to show some improvement and movement in the right direction...  If they are flat all year I don't see how you can bring them back.

especially if the goal is to get as much out of the roster as we can and not tear down to build up.

Sadly, we're a team built to win now. We don't really have a ton of young talent. Most of our talent is veteran.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly, we're a team built to win now. We don't really have a ton of young talent. Most of our talent is veteran.

which is why a rookie coaching team was a horrible idea.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly, we're a team built to win now. We don't really have a ton of young talent. Most of our talent is veteran.

Aren't we like the 13th youngest team?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...as he isn't related to them...he's probably the only member of management with a chance of being fired.

His dad was a decent personnel guy and Duke's been with the Bengals since 1999. 20 years! They may as well have adopted him!

Bill Tobin, who basically recommended his son to Mike all those years ago, has also been with them since around 2003, I think. The Tobin's have become part of the "family".
Reply/Quote
It was said Zac Taylor “nailed the interview.” So who was doing the interviewing? Mike Brown and Duke Tobin.

I’m just wondering what they asked. “What’s your favorite color?”
Reply/Quote

Sadly this is very true.

Reason why I think they should trade our best older guys for draft picks.

Bengals are not winning the Super Bowl with AJ, Andy, Geno, or Carlos- all of whom are some of the best players and persons ever to grace the orange and black.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Aren't we like the 13th youngest team?

Somewhere in there...but which of our young players are promising stars?

While guys like AJ, Geno, Dunlap are established stars and will be gone sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It was said Zac Taylor “nailed the interview.”  So who was doing the interviewing?  Mike Brown and Duke Tobin.  

I’m just wondering what they asked.  “What’s your favorite color?”

Honestly, some guys come in confident and can nail an interview. That doesn't mean they can implement a plan and turnaround a team.
Reply/Quote
Why does Duke get a PASS ????

Because he doesn't know how to RUN anything.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I had no idea Duke led the search for our HC (link below) I’m sure most of you knew this already. With the team 0-6 and the horrible drafts lately why does this guy keep getting a free pass. If Brown gives up on ZT will it be the last straw for Duke as well.

Getting a pass from whom? Many on here have criticized Tobin's decision-making over the past few years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tobin is easily the worst of the front office bunch. The vast majority of what you see on the field this season is his doing. He was complacent during free agency, and put us through the worst draft I’ve ever seen.

The idiocy of this guy will probably hold this team back for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
It’s simple and been the same thing holding us back for almost 3 decades POOR OWNERSHIP. We should be begging for them to sell the team over anything even if it meant a potential move in the future it’s better than the torture they hand down to us every year
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

We are NOT a team built to win now lol. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote