Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Geno Atkins only play on third downs?
Is Geno a situational pass rusher now? He only played on third downs yesterday.

I guess the other guys are getting too much pressure on first and second downs which is keeping Geno off the field...not.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is Geno a situational pass rusher now? He only played on third downs yesterday.

I guess the other guys are getting too much pressure on first and second downs which is keeping Geno off the field...not.

For the 10 thousandth time, he is playing with a shoulder that needs to be surgically repaired.
Reply/Quote
I thought I saw him on the field a bit more yesterday?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: For the 10 thousandth time, he is playing with a shoulder that needs to be surgically repaired.

Then he should have gotten it weeks ago.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: I thought I saw him on the field a bit more yesterday?

Atkins played 18 snaps yesterday, which was 22% of the defensive snaps.

As Nico said, if he's playing injured, he should go ahead and get the surgery now.
No reason to keep putting him out there if he's going to be this ineffective.
He's being paid to play a majority of the snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then he should have gotten it weeks ago.

Should have. But...

(11-30-2020, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Atkins played 18 snaps yesterday, which was 22% of the defensive snaps.

As Nico said, if he's playing injured, he should go ahead and get the surgery now.
No reason to keep putting him out there if he's going to be this ineffective.
He's being paid to play a majority of the snaps.

... possibly. I don't know his contract structure, but he could have an incentive in there. X amount of snaps, Y amount of games. He could be playing so he keeps getting paid.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Should have. But...

... possibly. I don't know his contract structure, but he could have an incentive in there. X amount of snaps, Y amount of games. He could be playing so he keeps getting paid.

That could be a good point, I don't know either. If that's not the case, then he needs to go on and get the shoulder fixed. This season has been toast for a while now...lol 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
After dumping Geno n letting Green walk we will have tons of cap room next year .
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:26 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: After dumping Geno n letting Green walk we will have tons of cap room next year .

Cutting Geno would absolutely be the right thing to do, but I doubt the Brownburns will eat that dead money.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Should have. But...

Geno's cap number is $14.2 mill this year. In no way, shape, or form should someone take up that much cap but play less than 25% of the snaps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Geno's cap number is $14.2 mill this year. In no way, shape, or form should someone take up that much cap but play less than 25% of the snaps.

I don't disagree, I'm just trying to figure out why he (and the staff) would let him keep limping along instead of just saying 'It's over. Heal up and try again next year.'
Reply/Quote
The coaching staff hates good players
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:58 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't disagree, I'm just trying to figure out why he (and the staff) would let him keep limping along instead of just saying 'It's over. Heal up and try again next year.'

No idea, but if I'm the staff, I don't have him take up snaps if he's really as injured as people are saying. I don't care if he has an incentive.
Mike Daniels, who is only making $1.25 mill this season and will be a FA at the end of the year, is getting more than double the snaps of Geno.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:07 PM)J24 Wrote: The coaching staff hates good players

Wouldn’t they try and hold guys like Tee and Bates back if that was true?

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wouldn’t they try and hold guys like Tee and Bates back if that was true?

Obviously was joking but it is weird that they are only playing a HOF player 22% of the snaps? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cutting Geno would absolutely be the right thing to do, but I doubt the Brownburns will eat that dead money.

If he is injured then we don't know for sure if that would be the right move or not.

If we had a promising DT to replace them then maybe, but cutting him before we see if he can recover is just creating another hole to fill.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he is injured then we don't know for sure if that would be the right move or not.

If we had a promising DT to replace them then maybe, but cutting him before we see if he can recover is just creating another hole to fill.

That’s a lot of money to gamble on him returning to form. Personally I don’t think it’s just a matter of an injury (might be part of it). He wasn’t particularly good last year either.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  He wasn’t particularly good last year either.

His fellow NFL players elected him to the Pro Bowl.

2019 was definitely a down year by Geno's standards, but he played better than any DT we currently have on the roster. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His fellow NFL players elected him to the Pro Bowl.

2019 was definitely a down year by Geno's standards, but he played better than any DT we currently have on the roster. 

Name vote.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: For the 10 thousandth time, he is playing with a shoulder that needs to be surgically repaired.

Where has that been stated? I haven't seen anything from the local beat guys or anything from the team? 

If his shoulder needs surgically repaired why is he playing at all? Especially on a team going nowhere? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote