Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Geno Atkins only play on third downs?
Geno Atkins has 1 more tackle than me this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Geno Atkins has 1 more tackle than me this year.

So what you're saying is...you're a beast?  :andy:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Where has that been stated? I haven't seen anything from the local beat guys or anything from the team? 

If his shoulder needs surgically repaired why is he playing at all? Especially on a team going nowhere? 

There are links to multiple articles about it buried in here somewhere. I think Dehner was one of the ones that alluded to it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: There are links to multiple articles about it buried in here somewhere. I think Dehner was one of the ones that alluded to it.

It didn't come from Dehner it came from Lap.  All Dehner does is ***** about Geno because Geno won't give him interviews.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The truth is it's hard to have an impact as a defensive Tackle when you're playing under 30% of the time. No wonder why the guy gets tackles or produces any stats he is hardly playing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: The truth is it's hard to have an impact as a defensive Tackle when you're playing under 30% of the time. No wonder why the guy gets tackles or produces any stats he is hardly playing.

Still shouldn’t be having goose eggs across the board every single game.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:47 PM)J24 Wrote: It didn't come from Dehner it came from Lap.  All Dehner does is ***** about Geno because Geno won't give him interviews.

Couldn't remember the local guy that mentioned it....but I read it in a couple of other places too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If the front office plans to bring Geno back next season, they should shut him down and fix his shoulder and let him heal and be ready to go next year. No need to let him play any longer this year, it's a lost cause, and let him take the chance of injuring something else.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Geno Atkins has 1 more tackle than me this year.

Bengals will sign you to an 8 million a year contract. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:58 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't disagree, I'm just trying to figure out why he (and the staff) would let him keep limping along instead of just saying 'It's over. Heal up and try again next year.'

This.   If he's healthy he's still a beast, and he already has a contract.   It would be great if they'd just put in IR now.  But at this point they just need warm bodies...
Reply/Quote
He's done, AJ is done, long gone, forget about 'em.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Atkins played 18 snaps yesterday, which was 22% of the defensive snaps.

As Nico said, if he's playing injured, he should go ahead and get the surgery now.
No reason to keep putting him out there if he's going to be this ineffective.
He's being paid to play a majority of the snaps.

I agree, I think since this season is done he should go ahead and have it so he can start rehabbing. But guess what, it's not up to you or me. It's not up to Zac Taylor. It's not even up to Mike Brown. It's up to Geno to decide when he wants to have surgery, and no one else. Whether he's playing for incentives (which he probably is) or whether he is putting it off because we are out of DT's no one really knows. Bottom line, it's Geno's decision.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree, I think since this season is done he should go ahead and have it so he can start rehabbing. But guess what, it's not up to you or me. It's not up to Zac Taylor. It's not even up to Mike Brown. It's up to Geno to decide when he wants to have surgery, and no one else. Whether he's playing for incentives (which he probably is) or whether he is putting it off because we are out of DT's no one really knows. Bottom line, it's Geno's decision.

True, it's Geno's decision to have surgery now vs later vs not at all, but it's the team's decision to put him on IR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, it's Geno's decision to have surgery now vs later vs not at all, but it's the team's decision to put him on IR.

Well if they discussed it with him and he said he wants to wait, why put him on IR when we have no warm body left to replace him with? Makes no sense, unless they were going to bring someone else in. Evidently, there is no one left to bring in since we just brought in a DE to play DT.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well if they discussed it with him and he said he wants to wait, why put him on IR when we have no warm body left to replace him with? Makes no sense, unless they were going to bring someone else in. Evidently, there is no one left to bring in since we just brought in a DE to play DT.

Because he's not effective!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:15 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Because he's not effective!

Did you miss the part where there is no one to replace him with, effective or not?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well if they discussed it with him and he said he wants to wait, why put him on IR when we have no warm body left to replace him with? Makes no sense, unless they were going to bring someone else in. Evidently, there is no one left to bring in since we just brought in a DE to play DT.

They have Khalil McKenzie they can bring up from the PS to fill in at DT, plus they have Daniels, Covington, Williams, and also Hunt.
So I think they do have the ability, they just haven't done it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They have Khalil McKenzie they can bring up from the PS to fill in at DT, plus they have Daniels, Covington, Williams, and also Hunt.
So I think they do have the ability, they just haven't done it.

Ok, so they IR him, and he still wants to put it off. What have you gained? (and I agree I think he should go ahead and have it and get into the rehab room with JB immediately.) Daniels, Covington and Hunt are already rotating, I don't think you are going to gain anything with McKenzie.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so they IR him, and he still wants to put it off. What have you gained? (and I agree I think he should go ahead and have it and get into the rehab room with JB immediately.) Daniels, Covington and Hunt are already rotating, I don't think you are going to gain anything with McKenzie.

You don't think McKenzie can get 1 total tackle over the remaining 5 games?
That's how many tackles Atkins has gotten over 6.

Putting Atkins on IR would...
1) Guarantee he doesn't end up causing more damage by being out there (even if he's out there on a limited snap count)
2) Give me peace of mind from seeing/hearing our $14 mill DT is active but doing basically nothing. I'd rather him be on IR and see whether someone like McKenzie is worth keeping around next year or not.

I get some may disagree with me and that the money is spent on Atkins anyway, but I get more frustrated from him being active and doing nothing than I would from him being put on IR or made inactive.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You don't think McKenzie can get 1 total tackle over the remaining 5 games?
That's how many tackles Atkins has gotten over 6.

Putting Atkins on IR would...
1) Guarantee he doesn't end up causing more damage by being out there (even if he's out there on a limited snap count)
2) Give me peace of mind from seeing/hearing our $14 mill DT is active but doing basically nothing. I'd rather him be on IR and see whether someone like McKenzie is worth keeping around next year or not.

I get some may disagree with me and that the money is spent on Atkins anyway, but I get more frustrated from him being active and doing nothing than I would from him being put on IR or made inactive.

I've already said I personally think he should go ahead and go get the surgery. I'm just pointing out it is his decision. I don't believe a team can IR a player who doesn't want to be IR'd and can still play, but I'm not a contract guy.
Reply/Quote