Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does L.A. Get another team?
(04-23-2016, 08:42 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Rams started out in Las Angeles and moved to St. Louis after the Cardinals left for Arizona. 

Then, the Raiders left Oakland for Las Angeles then a couple of years later left there and back to Oakland.

Now, the Rams leave St. Louis to head back to Las Angeles.

It don't make sense why Las Angeles gets yet another shot at a franchise when history has shown the city can not or will not support a team. I know it's a huge city with a lot of money floating around, but it's always been huge with a lot of money, I just don't see how the city will support another football team.

Maybe this time will be different though, only time will tell.

By the way, do I have the teams right. For some reason, it just doesn't seem like these teams are correct.
The real question is why did it take so long for NFL to put a team back in LA.......2nd biggest TV market in USA, NY of course #1. ......The Rams fans did support the Rams. The problem was the city didn't build a new stadium. The Coliseum got in bad enough shape that the NFL gave the OK, to move to St Louis building a dome stadium. ....LA fans also very much supported the Raiders when they were there, but Al Davis moved back to Oakland.  Davis kept going to whoever gave him the most money, but again the LA Coliseum may have been a factor........THERE WAS NEVER A PROBLEM OF FAN SUPPORT IN LA........The problem was the Coliseum. ...LA is building a new stadium. It won't be ready in 2016, but it is under construction. .......Oakland has a terrible stadium, as TV announcers complained about it in 2015 Bengals at Raiders opening game.  Oakland refuses to build a new stadium. .......Mike Brown got the OK from NFL to move Bengals when Cincinnati almost didn't build a new stadium back in 1990's. .....Now why St Louis lost both Cardinals and now Rams, I do not know.......It will be easier to sell out LA Stadium than Cincinnati Stadium.  There just are millions more people there. .....Like New York, Los Angeles can sell out 2 teams and 16 regular season home games.  A small market area such as Cincinnati may have years where they can't sell tickets, but that was never a problem in a big market city such as New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.  The owners in LA will make BIG MONEY.....The TV Revenue will make the NFL BIG MONEY......OH, the Bengals benefit from this. Unlike baseball, football has shared TV revenue. A small market Cincinnati gets an equal amount on the TV revenue pool money.  Teams in New York, Chicago and now back in Los Angeles makes the Bengals owners money as they share in the big market TV revenue. Unlike baseball Reds, the Bengals can spend big money like a big market franchise due to shared TV revenue by the NFL. 

So Rams wanted out of St Louis to go back to LA......Oakland stadium is so bad, they want back in LA.....other owners wanted the LA/ Hollywood money......but whoever plays in LA and the big markets, OUR BENGALS GET AN EQUAL SHARE OF THE BIG MARKET TV REVENUE. ......So we keep our Bengals in Cincy, but more TV sets in LA will be watching NFL football now that they have a team again. That means more money for The Bengals.  Cincinnati Ohio should be very glad to have 2 teams in New York and soon maybe 2 teams in Los Angeles. The Big TV Markets put great money in the NFL TV revenue that is equally shared by the 32 teams, including smaller market Cincinnati. .....So as a Bengals Fan, why did it take so long to get a team back in LA, because the smaller cities like Cincinnati need the TV revenue of LA. ........Bengals make more money off big market TV cities than small market cities.  This is all money in the bank for Bengals. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 02:31 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just read this thread today, and I wanted to 1) affirm that the teams are correct and 2) suggest that the reason they don't feel right is that your timline is off.  The Raiders moved to Los Angeles (1982) and back to Oakland (1994, more than just a couple of years later) before the Rams moved to St. Louis (1996)

Your timeline is off also.  The first two of the Bengal's three wins in 1993 were against the LA teams and as a result, 2 years later LA didn't have a team.  Both teams announced they were leaving LA in the first half of '95 and opened their time in the new cities for the '95 season.

Okay, so they didn't really lose their teams due to the losses to the Bengals but I'm sure LA went from having 2 NFL teams to 0 in one offseason.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 05:51 AM)Penn Wrote: Your timeline is off also.  The first two of the Bengal's three wins in 1993 were against the LA teams and as a result, 2 years later LA didn't have a team.  Both teams announced they were leaving LA in the first half of '95 and opened their time in the new cities for the '95 season.

Okay, so they didn't really lose their teams due to the losses to the Bengals but I'm sure LA went from having 2 NFL teams to 0 in one offseason.

The bolded stuff is all you really needed there.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote