Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does ZT continue to start players that dont produce?
(11-29-2020, 08:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sonetimes you have to look outside the roster.
Free agents, trades.
Simetimes a GM/ HC has to actually do.their due diligence.

Lol how long did it take the Panthers to make the Super Bowl after they first fielded their team??  That team had a TON of free agents on it.
Reply/Quote
My golf coach had a winning philosophy. When we were on the practice tee making changes to my swing he would always tell me if the ball flight does not get better within 10 practice balls of making a swing change we would abandon the new move immediately. The “keep trying, you’ll get it” philosophy doesn’t work in golf or football.

The trouble with the Bengals is this: The coaches keep trying the same things every week and we all know what Einstein‘s definition of insanity was. The fake punt was glorious! It was different and completely unexpected. That’s why it worked.

In golf the ball flight tells you everything you need to know about the swing you just made. The golf ball cannot lie. It cannot cover for your swing mistakes. It only knows how to respond to initial impact conditions. With the Bengals we look at statistics. The offense is at the bottom of the league and so is the defense. The team is dead last in the AFC North. The rushing attack is nonexistent, the offensive line can neither run nor pass block, and now the franchise quarterback is injured.

Zac Taylor has had over a year and a half to create a winning culture. I bet he’s the same on the golf course making the same swing over and over while wondering when his slice will disappear.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Zac doesn't want confontation and let's the coordinators let them play "their guys". That's what it looks like to me.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:07 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My golf coach had a winning philosophy. When we were on the practice tee making changes to my swing he would always tell me if the ball flight does not get better within 10 practice balls of making a swing change we would abandon the new move immediately.  The “keep trying, you’ll get it” philosophy doesn’t work in golf or football.

The trouble with the Bengals is this: The coaches keep trying the same things every week and we all know what Einstein‘s definition of insanity was.  The fake punt was glorious!  It was different and completely unexpected.  That’s why it worked.

In golf the ball flight tells you everything you need to know about the swing you just made.  The golf ball cannot lie.  It cannot cover for your swing mistakes.  It only knows how to respond to initial impact conditions.  With the Bengals  we look at statistics. The offense is at the bottom of the league and so is the defense. The team is dead last in the AFC North. The rushing attack is nonexistent, the offensive line can neither run nor pass block, and now the franchise quarterback is injured.

Zac Taylor has had over a year and a half to create a winning culture.  I bet he’s the same on the golf course making the same swing over and over while wondering when his slice will disappear.

So your answer to the OP is that it's because ZT is insane. Clinically, irrevocably, absolutely bananas.

I'll go with that. Double for the guy who hired him.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:50 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the mark of a good  HC is one that isnt afraid to make
A personal move if a guy just plainly isnt getting it done.
Hes always looking to upgrade any of the 44 starting
Jobs.
But this clown of a HC continues to start players that dont produce.
Guys like Sample Pratt Jordan Erickson arent doing
Anything to help.this team out.
I noticed after the Titans game Vrabel cut Beasly and
Josepth. He didnt think on it he just saw what had
To.be done.

I.think some of these starters dont have to fear
Of getting benched or cut cause ZT wears a dress most
Of the time. They.think.he is a joke

And did anyone notice since that defeat at the hands of Cincinnati, the Titans have gone 3-1 and just pummeled Indy in Indy?
Reply/Quote
Because Zac is a complete joke of a head coach. Tennessee game is prime example, and for the love of god why do we play our corners 10 yds off the ball on 5 yard to go conversions
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:07 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My golf coach had a winning philosophy. When we were on the practice tee making changes to my swing he would always tell me if the ball flight does not get better within 10 practice balls of making a swing change we would abandon the new move immediately.  The “keep trying, you’ll get it” philosophy doesn’t work in golf or football.

The trouble with the Bengals is this: The coaches keep trying the same things every week and we all know what Einstein‘s definition of insanity was.  The fake punt was glorious!  It was different and completely unexpected.  That’s why it worked.

In golf the ball flight tells you everything you need to know about the swing you just made.  The golf ball cannot lie.  It cannot cover for your swing mistakes.  It only knows how to respond to initial impact conditions.  With the Bengals  we look at statistics. The offense is at the bottom of the league and so is the defense. The team is dead last in the AFC North. The rushing attack is nonexistent, the offensive line can neither run nor pass block, and now the franchise quarterback is injured.

Zac Taylor has had over a year and a half to create a winning culture.  I bet he’s the same on the golf course making the same swing over and over while wondering when his slice will disappear.

I'd say your gold coach was an idiot. 10 balls to improve you swing and see results that make your ball flight better? Golf is no different than shooting. If you have to learn to do something properly that you have been doing wrong for a long time, it is going to take time to develop the new muscle memory and unlearn your bad habits. During this time, your results will take a dive, but then will improve as the new muscle memory takes over. 
Reply/Quote
I've said it a million times already but pratt is easily replaced with any scrub on or off our roster. Not hard to replace people that are among the worst in the league. I saw better lbs in the xfl that what I see from pratt. We got our new vigil.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 11:43 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: I've said it a million times already but pratt is easily replaced with any scrub on or off our roster.  Not hard to replace people that are among the worst in the league.  I saw better lbs in the xfl that what I see from pratt.  We got our new vigil.

I had high hopes for him this year.
But he has regressed.I dont know if its the position coach
Or Coach Lou having these guys think too much
In their responsibilities.

For a LB he is not very disruptive. He doesnt wrap up really good. He takes alot of false steps. 
Really lacks a violent streak. And to ask to shed blocks
Forget about it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 11:43 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: I've said it a million times already but pratt is easily replaced with any scrub on or off our roster.  Not hard to replace people that are among the worst in the league.

Pratt is not among the worst in the league.  So you are wrong.

He is not posting big numbers because he is only playing about 60% of the snaps, but Von Bell is the only Bengal with more tackles on first down plays.  

In pass defense Pratt is only allowing 5.8 yards per target.  That is a good number.

He has 63 tackles and only 4 missed tackles.  That 6.0% missed tackle stat is also good.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To be fair, outside of Spain who would you start over the current guy playing?

This team has a void of talent thanks to injury claiming all the big name FA guys except Bell, and the front office and coaches with shit draft after shit draft.

I really don't know who else is supposed to be being wasted by not starting outside Spain. XSF clearly isn't healthy yet, Adeniji got a chance and clearly wasn't ready and was benched. Fred Johnson, sucked and is on the pine.

Sample, waste... but what do we have behind him?
Erickson, fumbles and screws up, then does what he did at the end of today's game, and even when Pacman was here, we didn't use him every punt for some reason, that is a Simmons call at that point since it was the same shit under Lewis.

The team just has a garbage roster with no depth. And I blame that on Tobin and the Brown family as it has been this way for 4 or 5 years now.

We have a bingo!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pratt is not among the worst in the league.  So you are wrong.

He is not posting big numbers because he is only playing about 60% of the snaps, but Von Bell is the only Bengal with more tackles on first down plays.  

In pass defense Pratt is only allowing 5.8 yards per target.  That is a good number.

He has 63 tackles and only 4 missed tackles.  That 6.0% missed tackle stat is also good.

.....and he was drafted more for coverage than anything else. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote