Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why does Zac hate running the ball?
(01-30-2023, 01:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was hoping for a rb committee. But since Mixons return and sharing some Carrie’s with Perine, it hasn’t improved. 

Our best most balanced games on offense were the 2nd game against PIT and the first against KC, both with Perine carrying the rock.  (The Carolina game was a complete outlier.)  

I still feel like we might have too much of a good thing at the skill positions, and that might be letting us get lazy at play design and perfecting the simple things.  It's nice to have receivers to make contested catches on 50/50 balls and a QB who can pick up a 1st on 3rd and 16, but it came to that way too often.  

Starting with the NE game, this team was getting sloppy on offense in the 2nd half of games.  If there is any room for improvement, it is in that area.  We are going to have to execute the little things better and become more fundamentally sound.

On defense we have older heads running that side of the ball, and they have been the unit that has kept us in games on that 10-win streak.  I would not be opposed if someone was brought in to ground the offensive side of the ball in the same way.      
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:48 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Our best most balanced games on offense were the 2nd game against PIT and the first against KC, both with Perine carrying the rock.  (The Carolina game was a complete outlier.)  

I still feel like we might have too much of a good thing at the skill positions, and that might be letting us get lazy at play design and perfecting the simple things.  It's nice to have receivers to make contested catches on 50/50 balls and a QB who can pick up a 1st on 3rd and 16, but it came to that way too often.  

Starting with the NE game, this team was getting sloppy on offense in the 2nd half of games.  If there is any room for improvement, it is in that area.  We are going to have to execute the little things better and become more fundamentally sound.

On defense we have older heads running that side of the ball, and they have been the unit that has kept us in games on that 10-win streak.  I would not be opposed if someone was brought in to ground the offensive side of the ball in the same way.      
Anyone? Like maybe Callahan's dad becoming assistant OC? Can you imagine the run game improvement ? As well as the behind scene family drama?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Had 8 carries for 18yds before that 7yd run. Mixon hasn’t done his job most of the year. When he was out, we ran with Perine because we were getting results. 

To much worrying about the "before". He just ran it 7 yards so give it to him again and see if he can get the three. If that doesn't pan out then give it to Perine on third and short. Seems they totally abandoned the running game.

KC didn't forget about it with Pacheco.
Reply/Quote
To answer the OP, maybe it is because Mixon nor Perine have big play potential?

The Bengals have many draft needs, but it sure would like sweet landing a guy in the '23 draft like Bijan Robinson to supplant Mixon
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: To answer the OP, maybe it is because Mixon nor Perine have big play potential?

The Bengals have many draft needs, but it sure would like sweet landing a guy in the '23 draft like Bijan Robinson to supplant Mixon

I think Mixon has lost his edge. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Mixon has lost his edge. 

I'm not going to go on and on about his play as if I am an NFL expert, but there are times watching him run where I think he's about to break a long run and it doesn't happen. I can only conclude declining talent as the reason why. I think it's time to replace him with better and cheaper talent.
Reply/Quote