Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
So one of the biggest take aways from last night was Trump refusing to outright condemn white supremacist groups. He first said "Sure, I'm willing to but I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing. I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace".

The FBI and DHS have identified right wing domestic terrorism is the far, far larger domestic threat. Yet, he cannot come out and condemn them outright, instead saying they're not as bad as Antifa.

When pressed again, he asks who he should be calling out. Biden says "Proud Boys".

"Proud Boys -- stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. Somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem"

Again, he cannot condemn them. He instead tells them to "stand by", which drew praise from the group online.

Why does he refuse to condemn white supremacists? Is he worried that it will hurt his support? Does he support their cause? Is he hoping for violence?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Because he is one.

Easy enough.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why does he refuse to condemn white supremacists?

He did condemn them and he has before.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why does he refuse to condemn white supremacists? Is he worried that it will hurt his support? Does he support their cause? Is he hoping for violence?

Imho he might believe they are enforcers of his will.

Also, many of those folk love Trump and say so, which is enough for him in any case. He also did not denounce those QAnon folks based on their love for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Imho he might believe they are enforcers of his will.

Also, many of those folk love Trump and say so, which is enough for him in any case. He also did not denounce those QAnon folks based on their love for him.

The enforcer part is what I am leaning towards, especially with the comments about the election itself and refusing to tell voters to be calm and have faith in our elections. 

Why else do they need to be on "stand by"?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: He did condemn them and he has before.

Why couldn't he do it again last night?

Why did make him angry and have him start yelling about "the left"?

Because he knows who is base is...that's why.  And when Trump is angry he falls back to his true self.
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Why couldn't he do it again last night?

Why did make him angry and have him start yelling about "the left"?

Because he knows who is base is...that's why.  And when Trump is angry he falls back to his true self.

Maybe, because it's been Left Wing Extremest groups that have rioting, looting, and burning down cities all Summer?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe, because it's been Left Wing Extremest groups that have rioting, looting, and burning down cities all Summer?

I understand why you would believe this if you live in a bubble of far right media, but the reality is it's not nearly as pervasive as the Hodge Twins or Tucker want you to think it is.

It also goes against the FBI and DHS who say that the vast, vast majority of domestic terrorism is from right wing groups. 

But even if that were true, it's not an excuse to refuse to denounce white supremacy. You don't tell white supremacists to be on "stand by" to fight the anti-racist protestors.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe, because it's been Left Wing Extremest groups that have rioting, looting, and burning down cities all Summer?

That is a moot (and debatable) point.

The question at hand was would he denounce right wing violence and groups that his own administration has said is the greatest risk in the country right now.

No matter how many times you are asked to denounce violence, even from groups you think support you, you should be able to do it without getting angry.

And then you should be able to condemn them rather then tell them to "stand back and stand by".
Reply/Quote
Donald Trump, after waiting for Chris Wallace to finish his question: "I denounce white supremacists."

What would have been so hard about that?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Why couldn't he do it again last night?

He did do it last night.

(09-30-2020, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Why did make him angry and have him start yelling about "the left"?

Probably because he keeps being asked to denounce white supremacy and even though he does he gets accused of never denouncing them. Just my opinion, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: That is a moot (and debatable) point.

The question at hand was would he denounce right wing violence and groups that his own administration has said is the greatest risk in the country right now.

No matter how many times you are asked to denounce violence, even from groups you think support you, you should be able to do it without getting angry.

And then you should be able to condemn them rather then tell them to "stand back and stand by".

ANTIFA

Biden refused to admit they exist. ANTIFA is rioting, looting and killing people. Don't be stupid, white Supremists groups have not done the damage ANTIFA and BLM have, both are left wing radical groups.

Trump denounced the KKK also, Biden has not denounced any terrorist group on the left. Why? He and his buddies fund them to burn down america

BTW, Wallace is a joke and we saw it last night. He asks set up questions for Trump about taxes, but ignores the role Biden played in a peaceful transfer by allowing HRC and the DNC to pay Russians to go after Trump and his team. Obama knew it, Bidne knew back in July of 2016 but did nothing to stop it, in fact weaponized the DOJ and the FBI to perpetuate the lies. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ANTIFA

Biden refused to admit they exist. ANTIFA is rioting, looting and killing people. Don't be stupid, white Supremists groups have not done the damage ANTIFA and BLM have, both are left wing radical groups.

Trump denounced the KKK also, Biden has not denounced any terrorist group on the left. Why? He and his buddies fund them to burn down america

BTW, Wallace is a joke and we saw it last night. He asks set up questions for Trump about taxes, but ignores the role Biden played in a peaceful transfer by allowing HRC and the DNC to pay Russians to go after Trump and his team. Obama knew it, Bidne knew back in July of 2016 but did nothing to stop it, in fact weaponized the DOJ and the FBI to perpetuate the lies. 

This is patently false. Biden cited the fact that the FBI director said that Antifa is an ideology not an organization, which is true. You can go after individuals, but it's not an organized group.

Just this month, Biden directly condemned all violence occurring (though he has done it numerous times this summer). When pressed if that means he condemns Antifa, he said "Yes, I do, violence no matter who it is". He didn't say, "Antifa, stand by". He said "Yes, I do [condemn them]".

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: He did condemn them and he has before.

"I condemn them, but they're not the problem" is not a very strong condemnation.

Like my mama always said, you can go ahead and ignore everything that is said before the but.  Everything before the but is a platitude meant to soften the actual meaning of the sentence, which follows the but.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:20 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Donald Trump, after waiting for Chris Wallace to finish his question: "I denounce white supremacists."

What would have been so hard about that?

Apparently he did but only certain people were able to hear/understand it.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ANTIFA is rioting, looting and killing people. Don't be stupid, white Supremists groups have not done the damage ANTIFA and BLM have, both are left wing radical groups.

This statement interests me. I can only think of one person being killed by anyone even tangentially associated with Antifa and the killer said (before he was killed by police sent to apprehend him) that it was because the guy was threatening the life of his friend. But I admit that I don't follow right wing news who would have an incentive to talk about purported murders by the left. What were the other killings by Antifa and BLM?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:38 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: "I condemn them, but they're not the problem" is not a very strong condemnation.

That's not what he said, but in any case, it's still a condemnation and to say he never condemned them would be factually incorrect.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: Apparently he did but only certain people were able to hear/understand it.   Mellow

If you couldn't hear him say "sure" or "yes" or whatever the actual words he used were then that's because you're TV was muted.
Reply/Quote
It was a "clumsy gaff" and those are OK as I've been told. He clearly asked who do you want me to condemn and I'll do it. it appears he said Stand down instead of stand by. But jhe clearly agreed to condemn them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That's not what he said, but in any case, it's still a condemnation and to say he never condemned them would be factually incorrect.

Well, I was summarizing. What he said was:

"Sure, I'm willing to but I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing. I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace"

Everything after that but is what he actually believes.
Reply/Quote