Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-06-2020, 05:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively, he could be complimenting the genes of everyone in the state.

And, again, that would require believing that people in Minnesota have different genes just based on the state they live in instead of the different gene pools they come from.  

And that is just ridiculous.  As a whole the people of Minnesota cover every gene pool just like every other state. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I'm just pointing out how irrational I think you're being.

And I am just pointing out how irrational it is to argue that there is some unique "Minnesota gene" that is different from people in all other states?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 06:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sorry, but I am going to have to see something other than your opinion to back up this claim.

It's not that complicated, especially if you have a law degree.  If you live in Minnesota you have Minnesota genes.

(10-06-2020, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think that claiming white people are genetically superior is "inane".

Who provably did that, you?

(10-06-2020, 06:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I have seen a lot of photos from the rally.  

Can I guarantee it is 99%?  No.

Is it far enough away from 99% to make any difference?  No.

So you make statements as fact that you can't confirm as fact.  Interesting considering your critiques of others.

(10-06-2020, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And, again, that would require believing that people in Minnesota have different genes just based on the state they live in instead of the different gene pools they come from.  

And that is just ridiculous.  As a whole the people of Minnesota cover every gene pool just like every other state. 

Every gene pool?  Is that factual or another guess by you presented as fact? 

(10-06-2020, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I am just pointing out how irrational it is to argue that there is some unique "Minnesota gene" that is different from people in all other states?

Unique?  Maybe not.  Was unique required for the genes to be promoted as good or fine?  Methinks not.  

I'm enjoying this Fred, keep it up.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's not that complicated, especially if you have a law degree.  If you live in Minnesota you have Minnesota genes.

How exactly did people who immigrated from Samolia, or who had two parents who immigrated from Samolia get these "Minnesota genes"?

What about people who were born in other states and moved there?

I really do not understand this at all.  Could you tell me where you got this information?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who provably did that, you?

I am saying Trump did it.

I am proving it by showing that there is no such thing as a "Minnesota gene" and the fact that Trump was talking to white people.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How exactly did people who immigrated from Samolia, or who had two parents who immigrated from Samolia get these "Minnesota genes"?

From living in Minnesota

Quote:What about people who were born in other states and moved there?

When they moved there they had Minnesota genes because they live in Minnesota.

Quote:I really do not understand this at all.

I'm really not surprised at all.

Quote:Could you tell me where you got this information?

From you.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying Trump did it.

I'm shocked, was it an older model?

Quote:I am proving it by showing that there is no such thing as a "Minnesota gene" and the fact that Trump was talking to white people.

Was Trump talking to only white people?  Please prove this definitive statement.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you make statements as fact that you can't confirm as fact.  Interesting considering your critiques of others.

No.  I can post the photos if you want to deny my claim.  I don't make statements that I can't post proof to back up.

Like I said, it may not be exactly 99%, but it is close enough.  As someone else already said.  .  .  

(10-05-2020, 09:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump's crowds are largely white regardless of the state he's in. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: From living in Minnesota

So you are saying that your genetic make up changes based on where you live?

It is not determined by your parents?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I can post the photos if you want to deny my claim.  I don't make statements that I can't post proof to back up.

Like I said, it may not be exactly 99%, but it is close enough.  As someone else already said.  .  .  

Largely white is not a definitive 99%, as you stated.  So you admit you made that up, thank you.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my reply.  I never twisted anything.

I believe Trump was talking about "we white people" when he said "we are not that different".

Since you never twist Trumps words then please explain to me which group he claimed was genetically superior.

And thanks for the rep.

And there it is, proof of what Trump meant.

Maybe he was just being funny.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are saying that your genetic make up changes based on where you live?

It is not determined by your parents?

Your genetics are determined by your parents.  A region's genetics is determined by who lives there.  As I said, it's not complicated.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think that claiming white people are genetically superior is "inane".

Trump said "white people are genetically superior"?

Link to that exact quote please.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying Trump did it.

I am proving it by showing that there is no such thing as a "Minnesota gene" and the fact that Trump was talking to white people.

Are you being serious at this point or just trolling?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:30 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Are you being serious at this point or just trolling?

There comes a time when you just walk away, this is it.

I get there's part of us that wish a left-leaner in this forum usually quick to "call people out" would cross the aisle in the name of rationality. But it ain't happening.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did you make up the 99% white statistic like Dill did the 94%?  I'll bet you did. 

You are saying the 94% figure does not come from the 1990 census, as I stated?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There comes a time when you just walk away, this is it.

I get there's part of us that wish a left-leaner in this forum usually quick to "call people out" would cross the aisle in the name of rationality. But it ain't happening.

For one, this is how everyone seems to roll, left or right. A conservative can call everyone who considers voting Biden insane, others can call Michelle Obama a man, and so on and so forth, and only the so-called liberals protest that. Most of you don't hurt their own.

Also, though I am not following his logic myself, there is a rational line of thought in what fred says. And in general it is simply not totally absurd to believe Trump talked about good genes and racehorse theories because he perceived a crowd full of white people. It isn't crazy. It also isn't crazy to see it differently. But there's nothing to call out, except basically everyone for being controversial and snippy and having little interest to understand the other's position and just bicker on until eternity. There's little rationality in all of that.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 11:20 PM)Dill Wrote: You are saying the 94% figure does not come from the 1990 census, as I stated?

I really don't think it matters, but I'd prefer when we have a discussion about 2020 we don't trot out stats from 30 years ago and apply them to today.

How about you, you think that's a good idea? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He said people in Minnesota have good genes.  There are Somali people in Minnesota. 

If you think he wasn't talking about the Somali's then prove it.

By "people in Minnesota," did he mean anyone who happened to be living in the state at the moment--including thousands of out of state college students, foreign residents, refugees?  Or do you think he meant all citizens of the state, including naturalized Somalis, but not all those others?

Or was he addressing people he assumed were born there, ancestors of European immigrants, as those before him appeared to be in photos of the Bemidji rally? But NOT recent immigrants. His comments on Omar offer some clue as to what's "in his heart."

He does not seem to think Omar is an American, much less a citizen of Minnesota.  If I said "SSF is trying to tell us how to run our forum" wouldn't I be implying that you were not OF our forum, an outsider rather than a member, not one of us? Suppose I referred to a Steeler site as YOUR forum and told you to go back there and make that a better place; wouldn't that also imply you didn't belong. If I said, after that, "all the fine people in this forum have 'good genes,'" who (outside of Bfine) would assume I was including you? 

Here's what he said about Omar a week after the Minnesota rally.
She’s telling us how to run our country’: Trump again goes after Ilhan Omar’s Somali roots
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/22/trump-attacks-ilhan-omar-420267

How about Omar of Minnesota?” Trump said at a rally in Moon Township, Pa., outside Pittsburgh. “We’re going to win the state of Minnesota because of her, they say. She’s telling us how to run our country. How did you do where you came from? How’s your country doing? She’s going to tell us — she’s telling us how to run our country.”

Long before he got to Minnesota, Trump made clear he thought Omar did not belong in this country

Trump rally crowd chants 'send her back' after president attacks Ilhan Omar                                       https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/17/trump-rally-send-her-back-ilhan-omar

"Send her back"?  Not to Minnesota, I'm guessing--but can I prove it? 

Add these sources to the quotations from Bemidji in post #270, and it's clear Trump's hostility is not limited to ONE Somali. His promise is to keep more of THEM from coming to Minnesota--flooding the place. 

That's why I don't think he was talking about Somalis when he claimed the people of Minnesota had good genes. No evidence he's changed his mind on this matter.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I really don't think it matters, but I'd prefer when we have a discussion about 2020 we don't trot out stats from 30 years ago and apply them to today.

How about you, you think that's a good idea? 

Bfine, you got me on that one. Totally agree we should not trot out stats from 30 years ago.

It's something I remembered from way back, from more than one source, and didn't think it likely to have changed much, and so didn't bother to check it.  

I'd have let it go but for the imputation that I "made it up." 

Increasing the non-white pop of Minnesota by 11%, however, doesn't increase the likelihood Trump was including non-whites in his comments, given that thousands of that population were the object of his scurrilous promise to protect Minnesota from Africans and mocking those already there.
Reply/Quote