Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does our coach not make changes?
I find myself being more optimistic then some fans this week,and that's kind of rare for me. I can see the Bengals making the 6 seed . Probably because I think we are actually better then the Ravens,bills,chargers .

Like I heard someone else say the afc is like the NBA eastern conference,it's just not strong anymore like it once was. Can they beat Pitt at home? Why couldn't they ? Pittsburgh has lost against worse teams then us. But...i really feel like our coach needs to help this team out. You have the worst center,your right guard is sucking . We got no run game,it's the worst it's ever been run blocking. Do you keep telling them to keep practicing ? Do you say oh well if they don't get it done I guess we just lose? It doesn't make no sense.

I feel like if they went for it next game,and got Ross the ball by designed plays , experimented with the line like put in tj Johnson at center, Redman at right guard or westernan.we could potentially go farther then people expect . Call me crazy but I think them moves would get us to the afc championship. And that's putting faith in Dalton also and the coaching staff.

But will they do it? I seriously doubt it. This is why I can't take Marvin Lewis anymore,always playing the wrong guys. I will be ecstatic if he made any of these moves though.
Reply/Quote
If we can’t rely on the organization to do the basic things, I really doubt we can rely on them to be clever or creative. They are too stupid to win at football. Plus the most important ingredient in the organization is complacency. It’s perfectly ok to lose here. 8-8 is part of the financial formula for success.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did you see my post about Willie Anderson? Coaches here are too busy with paperwork and putting in the game plan to put together a package of plays for John Ross....to have a beast like Jordan Willis get more than a few pass rush opportunities (I love it, he says "ok" and blocks a punt...only to be promptly benched...we will have none of that playmaking stuff here!)..or to show the offensive line how to drive block low and get short yardage.

Nope! All takes a back page to...paperwork. Have to get that shovel pass to Lafell on Marv's play sheet.

Makes me want to vomit. It is like having a Ferrari in the garage and a little old lady with the keys.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 03:09 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I find myself being more optimistic then some fans this week,and that's kind of rare for me. I can see the Bengals making the 6 seed . Probably because I think we are actually better then the Ravens,bills,chargers .

Like I heard someone else say the afc is like the NBA eastern conference,it's just not strong anymore like it once was. Can they beat Pitt at home? Why couldn't they ? Pittsburgh has lost against worse teams then us. But...i really feel like our coach needs to help this team out. You have the worst center,your right guard is sucking . We got no run game,it's the worst it's ever been run blocking. Do you keep telling them to keep practicing ? Do you say oh well if they don't get it done I guess we just lose? It doesn't make no sense.

I feel like if they went for it next game,and got Ross the ball by designed plays , experimented with the line like put in tj Johnson at center, Redman at right guard or westernan.we could potentially go farther then people expect . Call me crazy but I think them moves would get us to the afc championship. And that's putting faith in Dalton also and the coaching staff.

But will they do it? I seriously doubt it. This is why I can't take Marvin Lewis anymore,always playing the wrong guys. I will be ecstatic if he made any of these moves though.

On any given Sunday any team can beat any team. It's over the 16 game season that things sort themselves out.

Honestly, unless we miraculously start running the ball decent...our offense and defense need big plays to score. A 40+ yard throw to Green. A pick 6 or long int return for a TD. A long catch and run by Bernard.

Without those things we can't score.

Bad QB's that we face can help us get them. Against guys like Roethlisberger, it won't likely happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 10:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you see my post about Willie Anderson?  Coaches here are too busy with paperwork and putting in the game plan to put together a package of plays for John Ross....to have a beast like Jordan Willis get more than a few pass rush opportunities (I love it, he says "ok" and blocks a punt...only to be promptly benched...we will have none of that playmaking stuff here!)..or to show the offensive line how to drive block low and get short yardage.

Nope!  All takes a back page to...paperwork.  Have to get that shovel pass to Lafell on Marv's play sheet.  

Makes me want to vomit.  It is like having a Ferrari in the garage and a little old lady with the keys.

I believe willie Anderson is talking about coaches EVERYWHERE...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On any given Sunday any team can beat any team. It's over the 16 game season that things sort themselves out.

Honestly, unless we miraculously start running the ball decent...our offense and defense need big plays to score. A 40+ yard throw to Green. A pick 6 or long int return for a TD. A long catch and run by Bernard.

Without those things we can't score.

Bad QB's that we face can help us get them. Against guys like Roethlisberger, it won't likely happen.

Sustained drives are rare as hen's teeth and will continue to be this season.

As you say big plays are gonna determine our fate: BIG Punt/KO returns, Long throws to AJ, Breakaway run (just kidding), blocked punts, and turnovers giving us short field.

We have way less than zero ability to pound anybody !
Reply/Quote
Marv doesn’t make changes because he’s afraid of change. Exactly the same as MB, which is probably why Marv has been around so long. They are both paralyzed by fear of change. Not a great attribute to have in a leader.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe willie Anderson is talking about coaches EVERYWHERE...

Somehow, other coaches find a way to adapt to their personnel and use their best talent.  I agree that Willie is talking about the work load of a coach in general, but there should be an effort to have an instructional coach working with these guys while the so-called administrative coach is busy with paperwork.  Otherwise, you are putting in a game plan with unprepared players.  

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail, and they have made an artform out of it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Somehow, other coaches find a way to adapt to their personnel and use their best talent.  I agree that Willie is talking about the work load of a coach in general, but there should be an effort to have an instructional coach working with these guys while the so-called administrative coach is busy with paperwork.  Otherwise, you are putting in a game plan with unprepared players.  

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail, and they have made an artform out of it. 

Hey, maybe Marvin is smarter than he looks. He gives Alexander paperwork so he can't coach the line down to worse than it is already!
Reply/Quote
Marvin changed his order at Starbucks once and found a curly hair in his latte.

He hasn't changed anything since then.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe willie Anderson is talking about coaches EVERYWHERE...

Agreed.

And yet the good teams get the job done:  Make good personnel decisions; bench players for the right reasons; craft a good game plan; make adjustments on the fly;  play to our team's strengths and compensate for their weakness;  avoid playing into the defenses' hands by calling a game that opposing defenses can't quote you before the ball is snapped and play to win instead of not to lose.

These are things that coaches who are not just "every other coach" do to surmount the paperwork demons.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Somehow, other coaches find a way to adapt to their personnel and use their best talent.  I agree that Willie is talking about the work load of a coach in general, but there should be an effort to have an instructional coach working with these guys while the so-called administrative coach is busy with paperwork.  Otherwise, you are putting in a game plan with unprepared players.  

Failed to read your post first. 

Consider yourself quoted
Reply/Quote
Are Westerman and TJ Johnson so bad that they shouldn't get a chance to see if they can do better than the inept Bodine and one of the inept guards?

The rare occasions when Johnson plays center, he sure looks better than Bodine to my eyes.
Reply/Quote
The problem is that the coaches naively believe nothing needs to be changed. I firmly believe that Marv believes that our issues rely on players literally doing and playing better.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think the coaches are as dumb as some fans think. With the exception of Paul Alexander. I think he is truly an idiot.
With that said I think the coaches hands are tied from up top.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 10:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you see my post about Willie Anderson? 

When was that article published?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 04:27 AM)Utts Wrote: When was that article published?

?  It was a thread about two days ago?  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 03:09 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I find myself being more optimistic then some fans this week,and that's kind of rare for me. I can see the Bengals making the 6 seed . Probably because I think we are actually better then the Ravens,bills,chargers .

You said, "beat Pittsburgh" and "get us to the afc championship" in the same post.... I would never call you crazy. Lol
Reply/Quote

I think you pretty much answered your own question. Dude is inept and doesn't believe in making changes.

He is also a Steeler fan and because of him we never play them like we normally would if we had a coach that doesn't like them.

If it was me i would do a lot of what you said on Offense, give TJ Johnson a shot at Center, Westerman or Redmond a shot at RG,
if Og continues to suck and just is not improving i would put Andre at LT and old Winston at RT. There are lots of ways to help this
team if you make adjustments and you see a little improvement here or there.

Ross definately needs more snaps running routes and just getting the ball thrown his way. Let him get a little confidence and you
never know how good this guy could be. Marv is handcuffing this guy and destroying his confidence at the same time calling him
out. He is honestly doing everything pretty much wrong man, it is that bad lol

Think he is throwing the season in the toilet like he did last year. Don't even like him as a person anymore...

Before i just didn't like his in game adjustments and putting his nose where it doesn't belong in the Offense, but he is worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Marvin changed his order at Starbucks once and found a curly hair in his latte.

He hasn't changed anything since then.

It was mine. Mellow

But don't blame me, dude needs to learn how to deal with unforseen events.
Reply/Quote