Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does this team lack creativity?
First I want to acknowledge the fact that every team loses players and more than often their better players in FA, I get that. What drives me nuts about this team is the lack of any motivation, drive, creativity and accountability. How can this Owner pride himself on building through the draft and paying our own only to watch them walk away. This team will never win a SB with the idiocy it displays year after year. How did we have 32 mil to Match the offer M.Jones got last year but we have nothing today. Why did they wait with Whit to hit the market knowing he would get offers that would be insane to match. A deal should have been made with him as soon as they saw how poor OG and Fisher was playing. This team went from the deepest most talented roster to complete trash in 2 years. We have 11 picks and it's still not enough to fill the holes we have created. Wonder how Dalton feels, first they let his weapons go now his protection. I get that Zeitler would have been too much and Westerman might be a fine replacement but Whit should have been under contract till he retired. Why the hell are players like PAC Man, Maulauga, Sims still on this team. Why are they not cutting some of the dead Weight to free up money to sign someone like Mangold who will not break the bank. The SB champs are making more moves to improve their team and we just sit back and pretend everything is fine. The worst position this draft class is O line so if course that's the position we decide to neglect even after the joke of a season they had. So much for getting a DE, LB, RB in the first 3 rounds cause ya know that might have made us a contender. The front office already really dropped the ball on yet another FA period. Would have been nice to add talent to this team rather than constantly just replacing to stay afloat. Way to "Keep our Own" Mike. Seems we only do that if their on a rookie salary.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: First I want to acknowledge the fact that every team loses players and more than often their better players in FA, I get that. What drives me nuts about this team is the lack of any motivation, drive, creativity and accountability. How can this Owner pride himself on building through the draft and paying our own only to watch them walk away. This team will never win a SB with the idiocy it displays year after year. How did we have 32 mil to Match the offer M.Jones got last year but we have nothing today. Why did they wait with Whit to hit the market knowing he would get offers that would be insane to match. A deal should have been made with him as soon as they saw how poor OG and Fisher was playing. This team went from the deepest most talented roster to complete trash in 2 years. We have 11 picks and it's still not enough to fill the holes we have created. Wonder how Dalton feels, first they let his weapons go now his protection. I get that Zeitler would have been too much and Westerman might be a fine replacement but Whit should have been under contract till he retired. Why the hell are players like PAC Man, Maulauga, Sims still on this team. Why are they not cutting some of the dead Weight to free up money to sign someone like Mangold who will not break the bank. The SB champs are making more moves to improve their team and we just sit back and pretend everything is fine. The worst position this draft class is O line so if course that's the position we decide to neglect even after the joke of a season they had. So much for getting a DE, LB, RB in the first 3 rounds cause ya know that might have made us a contender. The front office already really dropped the ball on yet another FA period. Would have been nice to add talent to this team rather than constantly just replacing to stay afloat. Way to "Keep our Own" Mike. Seems we only do that if their on a rookie salary.

The only creativity they show is in their spin when they make bad moves designed to save Mike Brown money.  Losing Whit and Zeitler and making "Ogbusti" the starter is a "facelift" for example.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Creativity requires sharp minds, and on offense Hue left for cleveland.
We still have the dullards that kept turnstile Oguebhu in games and bodine still seems fine to our tape watching coaches.
Creativity requires players capable of doing their assignments.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:00 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Creativity requires sharp minds, and on offense Hue left for cleveland.
We still have the dullards that kept  turnstile Oguebhu in games and bodine still seems fine to our tape watching coaches.
Creativity requires players capable of doing their assignments.

Zimmer left.  Hue left.  I would have done whatever I could to replace Lewis with either one of them. I would have booted Alexander years ago. So the person stunting creativity is always the same.  Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
Why does your post lack paragraphs?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have not cut Jones, Maualuga, or Peko.......Any competent organization would have cut them Day 1. to free up money to get better. Bengals keep these losers around because they are cheap and are nice guys....Performance be damned. This season will be bad. We will witness the return of the BUNGLES. Time for the fans to act, yet again, to garner some resemblance of change from Mike Brown. No money from me this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why does your post lack paragraphs?

Why does yours lack relevance?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:14 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Bengals have not cut Jones, Maualuga, or Peko.......Any competent organization would have cut them Day 1. to free up money to get better. Bengals keep these losers around because they are cheap and are nice guys....Performance be damned. This season will be bad. We will witness the return of the BUNGLES. Time for the fans to act, yet again, to garner some resemblance of change from Mike Brown. No money  from me this year.

This is hilarious.  A fan who thinks he is so much smarter than an NFL team does not even realize that Peko is not on the Bengal roster.

But if enough people say the same thing on a message board I guess it become reality, right?

For example, there is any evidnece that any other team would have cut Adam Jones by now.  There are guys who pick up minor misdemeanors who never get cut, but since a bunch of the "Experts" around here claim  it is true some people around here think it is a fact.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: First I want to acknowledge the fact that every team loses players and more than often their better players in FA, I get that. What drives me nuts about this team is the lack of any motivation, drive, creativity and accountability. How can this Owner pride himself on building through the draft and paying our own only to watch them walk away.

First you say the same thing happens to every team.  Yet you claim only the Bengals are bad for letting it happen.  I can't make any sense of this.

The funny thing is that when the Bengals to show creativity like fininding players in the CFL (Jeanty, Hawkins) or finding an elite OC in the arena league (Gruden) the smae fans who squeal and cry about the Bengals never doing anything creative sqealu and cry about the Bengals being so desperate they have to look in the CFL or Arena league.  seriously. the haters here had a field day when we signed Gruden as our OC.  To them is was absolute proof that the Bengals were a joke of an arganization.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is hilarious.  A fan who thinks he is so much smarter than an NFL team does not even realize that Peko is not on the Bengal roster.

But if enough people say the same thing on a message board I guess it become reality, right?

For example, there is any evidnece that any other team would have cut Adam Jones by now.  There are guys who pick up minor misdemeanors who never get cut, but since a bunch of the "Experts" around here claim  it is true some people around here think it is a fact.

Don't kid yourself man, Peko will be in a Bengals uniform next year. And yes, I could run this franchise better. It's football, not Astrophysics.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First you say the same thing happens to every team.  Yet you claim only the Bengals are bad for letting it happen.  I can't make any sense of this.

The funny thing is that when the Bengals to show creativity like fininding players in the CFL (Jeanty, Hawkins) or finding an elite OC in the arena league (Gruden) the smae fans who squeal and cry about the Bengals never doing anything creative sqealu and cry about the Bengals being so desperate they have to look in the CFL or Arena league.  seriously. the haters here had a field day when we signed Gruden as our OC.  To them is was absolute proof that the Bengals were a joke of an arganization.

Yes, Fred.  The Bengals problem is their fans.   Sarcasm  The fans make such terrible decisions.  That's why we have a horrible O line.  Because of the fans.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:55 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes, Fred.  The Bengals problem is their fans.   Sarcasm  The fans make such terrible decisions.  That's why we have a horrible O line.  Because of the fans.

Sorry, but I do not understand what point you are trying to make.

The discussions aropund here are getting silly.  Some fan could argue that the Bengals suck because we don't punt enough on first down.  If I then disagree and show how the Bengals compare to ither teams that do not punt on first down the response would be......wait for it......."Why do you defend a team not punting on first down when they have not won a playoff game in 26 years?  The Bengals are bad there fore everything they do is automatically worse than every other team in the league.  So just agree with every negative thing said about the team or else be ridiculed."

Seriously, look around at how many players are in free agency.  How can you rip the Bengals for not resigning all of their players when no other team in the league is doing it?  And remember that the last two years the bengals have spent over the league salary cap, so it is not just about being too cheap.  The simple fact is that every team loses free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but I do not understand what point you are trying to make.

The discussions aropund here are getting silly.  Some fan could argue that the Bengals suck because we don't punt enough on first down.  If I then disagree and show how the Bengals compare to ither teams that do not punt on first down the response would be......wait for it......."Why do you defend a team not punting on first down when they have not won a playoff game in 26 years?  The Bengals are bad there fore everything they do is automatically worse than every other team in the league.  So just agree with every negative thing said about the team or else be ridiculed."

Seriously, look around at how many players are in free agency.  How can you rip the Bengals for not resigning all of their players when no other team in the league is doing it?  And remember that the last two years the bengals have spent over the league salary cap, so it is not just about being too cheap.  The simple fact is that every team loses free agents.

It was sarcasm. You continually choose to blame us instead of looking at the real problems.  Soon enough that won't work because we are coming in last in the AFC North and you won't be able to just blame "whiny fans".   As far as free agency, I can blame the Bengals when  they don't resign our top 2 free agents, but then also refuse to sign any unrestricted free agents from other teams because they don't want to lose their precious 2018 3rd and 5th round comp picks. They've already announced Ogbuehi, Fisher, Boling, Bodine, and Johnson as the starting line.  I'm basing this on Hobson's comments.  He is their propaganda machine.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: For example, there is any evidnece that any other team would have cut Adam Jones by now.  There are guys who pick up minor misdemeanors who never get cut, but since a bunch of the "Experts" around here claim  it is true some people around here think it is a fact.

I think the issue people have with Pacman Jones deals less with his current situation involving local law enforcement and more with residual anger over his loss of composure during the last playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 10:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think the issue people have with Pacman Jones deals less with his current situation involving local law enforcement and more with residual anger over his loss of composure during the last playoff game.

I fully understand why so many people are down on Adam.  But that does not entitle them to just make up anythiung they want out of thin air and claim it is true.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Why does yours lack relevance?

[Image: 68532634.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: How did we have 32 mil to Match the offer M.Jones got last year but we have nothing today.

Well they just gave Kirk 50 mil, right? And isn't Burfict up for a new contract next year? I have to know who they are saving money for before I criticize them for saving money? As for Whit, he got a 3 year deal, which is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 68532634.jpg]
Kinda looks like Mike Brown.  Although he looks more like that evil emperor dude with the black hood in Star Wars.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is hilarious.  A fan who thinks he is so much smarter than an NFL team does not even realize that Peko is not on the Bengal roster.

Spoken by a truly self-appointed expert on all things.
Reply/Quote
Its because the team is run by a stubborn, set in his ways, old man.
Reply/Quote