Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't go through another lost decade...
[Image: tumblr_pf6r01uopV1w3qc55o3_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_pf6r01uopV1w3qc55o4_500.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lol, this is kinda what we expected of this team. This is not a talented football team, gonna have to fold till next year and see if any budding stars come up in the mean time.

I do think it’s time to move on from Tobin though.
Reply/Quote
It's fine. There are worse things in life. If we're lucky they pack up and leave town in seven years. "Let's win a championship on a shoestring roster." LOL K.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:06 AM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: tumblr_pf6r01uopV1w3qc55o3_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_pf6r01uopV1w3qc55o4_500.gif]

Always gotta look at the bright side of things... with the bengals, its comedy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:21 AM)Big Boss Wrote: ...If we're lucky they pack up and leave town in seven years.

I used to be terrified of this happening.
Now... I think it would be a relief.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:31 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I used to be terrified of this happening.
Now... I think it would be a relief.

This gets closer and closer with every losing season and more and more fans becoming disenchanted 

I said it once and I will say it again, if this team doesn't win a playoff game soon (next 5 years), the team will be gone
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
At least we had Blake back then who was a 100 times more fun to watch throw the ball around than anything we have seen in almost a decade now.

https://youtu.be/U11SmWC_UNY
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:42 AM)corpjet Wrote: This gets closer and closer with every losing season and more and more fans becoming disenchanted 

I said it once and I will say it again, if this team doesn't win a playoff game soon (next 5 years), the team will be gone

If Mike stays alive or does not cede family control of football operations they’re not winning a Playoff game in the next 5 years. The other 3 teams in the Division are more talented, and better run.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:42 AM)corpjet Wrote: This gets closer and closer with every losing season and more and more fans becoming disenchanted 

That might not be a bad thing, as we will eventually get a franchise with an owner that actually gives a shit
Reply/Quote
No we won't. The market is too small.

What we need is the league to step in and force an ownership change. Use whatever reason they can make up but the real reason is the total failure to put an NFL quality product on the field. Have the league buy out the Browns then the league sells the team to an owner with it written explicitly into the purchase contract that they MUST have a full sized scouting department and a legit NFL style front office.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: No we won't. The market is too small.

What we need is the league to step in and force an ownership change. Use whatever reason they can make up but the real reason is the total failure to put an NFL quality product on the field. Have the league buy out the Browns then the league sells the team to an owner with it written explicitly into the purchase contract that they MUST have a full sized scouting department and a legit NFL style front office.

That is never going to happen to the son of Paul Brown. The name is too well respected in the game.

Reply/Quote
member 2005?

Yeah I member
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:22 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: That might not be a bad thing, as we will eventually get a franchise with an owner that actually gives a shit

Cincinnati would not get another team if the Bengals left. The NFL is unlikely to expand again anytime soon. Even if it did, St. Louis and San Diego would almost assuredly be way in front of Cincinnati when it comes to getting an expansion franchise just among cities that had a team and had them move. Not Oakland though.

Among what I'd think to be potential expansion cities for the NFL within the U.S.A, St. Louis, San Diego, Portland, and San Antonio all have larger TV markets than Cincinnati does. Add in international cities like London & Mexico City (regardless of how ludicrous a London team would be), never mind any potential expansion into Canada and the odds get even longer for Cincinnati to get a team again. Don't kid yourself into thinking Cincinnati would get some kind of pity expansion team like Cleveland did when the Browns left. 

Plus, after the last time, do you really expect the county, city, or voters to shell out for another new football stadium? Because that'd be item #1 for any expansion team, a shiny new stadium. 

No, if the Bengals leave it'll be the Reds and FC Cincinnati and that's it. The NBA still hasn't come back to Cincinnati and it's been close to 50 years. If the Bengals leave it'll be a long time, if ever, until the NFL decides to return.
Reply/Quote
2016-2019....almost half way there. And these teams have been dreadfully boring on top of it, leaving even less reason to care.
Reply/Quote