Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why has Republican Congress shut down government over Trump's request.
Republicans control both hoiuses of Congress. Why have they shut down the government over the Republican Presidents request for wall gfunding?
(12-27-2018, 08:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Republicans control both hoiuses of Congress.  Why have they shut down the government over the Republican Presidents request for wall gfunding?

Because it take more than a simple majority to pass a resolution. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-27-2018, 08:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Republicans control both hoiuses of Congress.  Why have they shut down the government over the Republican Presidents request for wall gfunding?

Because even they don't want the wall and realize it is a waste of resources?

Trump got some funding...he got increased funding for the border...but like the petulant man-child he is he wants more/it all.

And the GOP doesn't have the cojones to pass the CR they already had and override his veto like the adults in the room should do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
They sold their souls to the devil and they're stuck with him.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-27-2018, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because it take more than a simple majority to pass a resolution. 

I am not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but I just don't understand this.

Last year the budget was passed on a 51-49 vote.
(12-27-2018, 10:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They sold their souls to the devil and they're stuck with him.

We had a local guy who was a former County Commissioner who finally lost after years of being an ass.  One of the new members decided it would be a good idea to run with the former member as a team.  I wrote a letter to the editor (I knew the new guy as a friend of a friend) and explained all of the bad things the old guy did, all the reasons why he lost and why he shouldn't be re-elected and ended telling the new guy that when you make a deal with the Devil there is always hell to pay.

He got word back to me through our mutual friend that I should have gone to him, not the paper.  I got word back that if a letter to the editor bothered him that much he shouldn't be in office.

The old guy lost, the new guy won.

The old guy tried to run again multiple times and continues to lose.

Sometimes people see the devil for who he is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-27-2018, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but I just don't understand this.

Last year the budget was passed on a 51-49 vote.

Republicans are using a potential Democratic filibuster as an excuse to not even vote on a budget that includes border wall funding. The Senate GOP, despite their willingness to approve any and almost all of the unqualified nominees of Trump, seems to actually not want to support this. 

(12-27-2018, 11:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: We had a local guy who was a former County Commissioner who finally lost after years of being an ass.  One of the new members decided it would be a good idea to run with the former member as a team.  I wrote a letter to the editor (I knew the new guy as a friend of a friend) and explained all of the bad things the old guy did, all the reasons why he lost and why he shouldn't be re-elected and ended telling the new guy that when you make a deal with the Devil there is always hell to pay.

He got word back to me through our mutual friend that I should have gone to him, not the paper.  I got word back that if a letter to the editor bothered him that much he shouldn't be in office.

The old guy lost, the new guy won.

The old guy tried to run again multiple times and continues to lose.

Sometimes people see the devil for who he is.

This is why the Democrats need to run somebody that is close to the center. His hardline supporters will defend any and all actions that he does, no matter how bad it is. They're the ones still yelling "drain the swamp" as Trump brings in more and more Bush officials into his administration. 

Then there's the ones who voted for him hoping that he possible could be reigned in, or he would be molded by the office, or just hated Hillary. You need someone they can be ok with seeing in office. 

(12-27-2018, 11:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Senate GOP, despite their willingness to approve any and almost all of the unqualified nominees of Trump, seems to actually not want to support this. 

The Senate GOP is pissed because they passed a resolution they though the President would sign and then he changed his mind and pulled the rug out from under them.

They are tired of dealing with this childlike behavior.
Republicans and Democrats both don't want a wall or immigration reform for the same reason...talking points and to be able to use it as a way to fire up their "followers".

Republicans - "We need to do something about illegal immigration but those guys won't let us"
Democrats - "We need to do something about illegal immigration but those guys won't let us"

Followers - "Yes master"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.