Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why has the Super Bowl hype come and gone?
(05-31-2015, 11:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My Super Bowl hype is at an all-time high.

The reason it's so high?  Jeremy Hill.  He can run down team's throats and open things up for AJ and our other receiving threats like no one else can.  

I think that Geno will return to form, and that, along with MJ being back (as well as Dunlap, Clarke, and our other ends) will improve our pass rush, and then our young corners will have great years.

My Super Bowl hype is still there, but I'm just focused on the excitement of the offseason and then the start of the regular season.

I'm with you.  Not only the running game, but the flexibility of having two legitimate receiving threat TEs as well.  The offense is poised for a big year.  I have high hopes for guys like Hunt, Clarke, Dennard, Kirkpatrick, and the return of Pat Sims/MJ, but the real deciding factor of whether or not this team becomes a Super Bowl contender is the return of Burfict.  He is the straw that stirs the defense.  Best LB I have seen on the Bengals, perhaps ever.  He gives them a chance.  Without him, we are pinning a lot of hopes on Hawk, Lamur, and Dawson.  Solid choices, but not a Burfict. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think part of the problem is there isn't a single exciting element added to this team...
Its a tired, played out roster with the same coach, the same more of the same same same same.
Did I mention its the same?

I can't think of one single reason that would make me want to drive to Paul Brown and see the Bengals.

This doesn't mean that they don't have some great players. They do.
Its just for me its MORE OF THE SAME.....

Here's what I discovered during the last couple of years of watching the Bengals.
They could have one of the best rosters in all of football (top 10) and still not win a playoff game.
Forget about a Super Bowl.

The bottom line is no matter how many times they fail---nothing changes.....
Nothing ever changes......

tman
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:54 PM)tman Wrote: I think part of the problem is there isn't a single exciting element added to this team...
Its a tired, played out roster with the same coach, the same more of the same same same same.
Did I mention its the same?

I can't think of one single reason that would make me want to drive to Paul Brown and see the Bengals.

This doesn't mean that they don't have some great players. They do.
Its just for me its MORE OF THE SAME.....

I think this is the year something different happens...as in they either win a playoff game or fail to make the playoffs.  I foresee change in the weather!  CHANGE I TELLS YA!!!  I also foreskin change in the weather, but that's a different post.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think this is the year something different happens...as in they either win a playoff game or fail to make the playoffs.  I foresee change in the weather!  CHANGE I TELLS YA!!!  I also foreskin change in the weather, but that's a different post.

How are defenses going to stop Hueueueueuerman with Jeremy Hill running the ball up their asses and A.J. commanding quadruple teams!?!?!?!?!
Reply/Quote
We all learned what a rhetorical question was in middle school.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:02 PM)djs7685 Wrote: How are defenses going to stop Hueueueueuerman with Jeremy Hill running the ball up their asses and A.J. commanding quadruple teams!?!?!?!?!

You forgot to mention the genius singing of Denarius Moore; that guy is goign to be so eager to show the world that being benched by a god-awful team was totally undeserved.  How can you cover greased lightning?  You can't.  He's gonna stretch the field.  There is going to be at least one safety running 90 yards down the field with him on every play, right? The dude is going to run really fast in a straight line and then be open and catch the ball. Shhh, that's a secret plan, don't tell anyone!

We didn't draft Heurururueeurueman BUT as soon as we got Seals 'n' Kroft I realized he was not only  better than Gresham, but he was also better than the TE we wanted all off-season AND he's the best TE in the draft.  I just can't wait for AJ to get injured again so we can get back to that "addition by subtraction" the homers were preaching was going to win us that playoff game against the Colts!

SUPER SARDONIC POST!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 08:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ^This^

We've probably had the talent to make a couple deep playoff runs/SB's these past few years ! We just don't have the leadership/coaching.

Until we prove we can run with the big dogs nobody is going to say we're anything but porch material. And we've cemented our position as porch masters !

This.

We had a lot of injuries - which may or may not have determined our season.  But you look over the season and we had very few games where we played like we were big dogs.   The games against Cleveland and Denver come to mind - and that was against teams that had serious flaws at the time.

Then think of the games against Pittsburgh and New England.   We just were not of that caliber.

Was it talent or coaching?  I'm thinking both.

I have no conviction how we're going to do this year.   I could see it going both ways.  We have a lot of our skill players back and have buttressed the D-line and Linebacker positions.  Our two coordinators have a year under their belt and with fewer injuries more to work with.

But players and coaches alike have some serious improvements to make.  We need players who don't wilt under pressure - but thrive under it.  Seattle was (I feel) clearly the better team in the Super Bowl.  But players like Edelman, Amendola, Gronkowski and Blount just kept making clutch plays.  They were mentally tough.

Up till now I've felt we have very few players like that.  Talented, but not relentless.

We get that kind of attitude across the board and we'll do something.    That's what I'm looking for.
Reply/Quote