Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why haven't we signed a DB yet?
What I am trying to figure out is why haven't we signed a DB yet??

Pacman is injured, Hall is banged up, Kirk is banged up, Iloka is banged up... It's absolutely insane.

With all these injuries, It's hard to imagine us winning any games with all these injuries. We need to cut someone soon and pick up a corner like Bradley Fletcher, Maybe even Cary Williams for the right price.

We need to do something now cause if we want to playoff game we will need a decent secondary. I'm scared to see what AB, Martavis Bryant & Wheaton will do to us.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Read my mind.....

Anyone worth a poop even available?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: Read my mind.....

Anyone worth a poop even available?

Not exactly but we could use the depth considering how thin we are.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Uhh, just signed Asa Jackson to the PS two weeks ago and promoted Troy Hill.
Reply/Quote
We just put Clark-Harris on the PS too.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I feel Hall will play. Kirkpatrick is in. Hill is in. Jones will go if he's able. That's the big ??? Otherwise I think we're good. Depending on Asa's learning curve we might throw him in for depth. He's got a fair amount of experience.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Soooo, who do you want to put on IR or release to sign another corner?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Troy Hill, our UDFA CB out of Oregon is going to be our best option in the immediate future. I never thought much of Asa Jackson at the Ratbirds, but maybe they see a talent they can mold.

If Jones needs to heal his foot, then he needs to heal his foot. The team will step it up in his absence.
Reply/Quote
They did sign on - Troy Hill off the practice squad

And Asa Jackson to the practice squad. And Chris Lewis-Harris back to the practice squad.

This is who they're rolling with, unless something crazy happens.

Cary Williams is not good at all.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Soooo, who do you want to put on IR or release to sign another corner?

Eric Winston.  He is our 5th OT now. Was a healthy scratch last week. And was on his couch around this time last year. If we need him back I think that he will be available just like Greg Little. And if he isn't Anthony collins is. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 12:41 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Cary Williams is not good at all.

Jim, I don't think the FO has my new contact info after they shut down the motherboard.  Let them know you can bring Urinalcake in for a workout and I'll give you points on the deal.  They'll know who you're talking about. 

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 12:41 AM)jowczarski Wrote: They did sign on - Troy Hill off the practice squad

And Asa Jackson to the practice squad. And Chris Lewis-Harris back to the practice squad.

This is who they're rolling with, unless something crazy happens.

Cary Williams is not good at all.

Worse human being than player. Wouldn't like him around here one bit.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Soooo, who do you want to put on IR or release to sign another corner?

Eric Winston.  He is our 5th OT now. Was a healthy scratch last week. And was on his couch around this time last year. If we need him back I think that he will be available just like Greg Little. And if he isn't Anthony collins is. 
Reply/Quote
I think we'll see DreK, Hall, Shaw, Hill and Clew out there Sunday.
Reply/Quote
We just need our pass rush to step-up in a big way and force some throws. Make the DBs' lives easier.

I don't know, though, because all of these injuries do scare me.......... but hopefully they'll all be able to go.
Reply/Quote
No one really to sign. Plus, it's not like anyone is on IR or anything. It's the next man up.

Jones isn't going to play, but everyone else is expected to be healthy for the game and active.

No team is ever fully healthy. The Steelers lost offensive lineman and their running back. Injuries are obstacles. If this team is as deep as many believe it is, they can step up to the challenge.
Reply/Quote
Jim is right.... Williams is garbage. There's no one out there in free agency that's worth signing. We have better talent in house.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Uhh, just signed Asa Jackson to the PS two weeks ago and promoted Troy Hill.

Yeah Troy Hill replaced Lewis-Clark

And Josh Shaw should be healthy

Heres the Thing we could go sign a corner.... But then we have to cut someone. And no corner from the street will be able to learn our system and be more effective come sunday than the guys that have been with the team all year.

Hall, Dre, Shaw, Hill will have their hands full for sure... And Shawn Williams has played okay for Iloka.

Its not ideal for sure. but right now we still expect everyone to return this season so the bengals arent panic'd.

We could sign a Cornerback/saftey but they wouldnt be ready to go for a few weeks and by then everyone should be back.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Eric Winston.  He is our 5th OT now. Was a healthy scratch last week. And was on his couch around this time last year. If we need him back I think that he will be available just like Greg Little. And if he isn't Anthony collins is. 

But winston also can backup the Gaurd spots... Collins cant.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 11:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: But winston also can backup the Gaurd spots... Collins cant.

Fisher practiced at every spot but C in training camp. Ogbuehi played G in college. We have a first and second round pick waiting to go. 

If we need a roster spot to add a DB I think Winston is the first to go. He is the most likely to go unsigned. Other teams had all last year and the offseason to take a chance on him, no one did. We could probably play musical chairs with Lewis -Harris and Winston the rest of the year if need be. Unless Winston just decides to hang em up since he is a vet and his contract became guaranteed for the year. 
Reply/Quote