Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why haven't we signed a DB yet?
I know he's not a CB, but why is Chris Crocker not on this team? He's usually here by mid-October. And for that matter Eric Wilhelm.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There just are not any good CBs out there to sign.

Jones has to miss as many games as he needs to get better. We are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs. More important to get there healthy than wear everyone out just to get home field advantage.

I guarantee he will play as son as they let him.

If Hall can play we might get by. But If we have both Hill and Shaw in the top CB rotation we will be in trouble against the Steelers. No matter how good they are they both need some game experience to sharpen their skills. They may be fine once they have played a few games, but they are too green to stop Roethlisberger and the receivers he has. Hate him all you want, but Ben is a Hall-of-Fame QB who and as dangerous as any QB in the league throwing the ball down the field.

We will miss Iloka also.
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised to see people saying they want Cary Williams. This is the same guy we abused when we played Seattle. Honestly, we'd be better off just playing 10 guys on D than putting Williams on the field, if we were dumb enough to sign him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
All we need is for Reggie Nelson to be playing. He is Big Ben's kryptonite. Ben in the later stages of the game must think Nelson is a Stealer.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There just are not any good CBs out there to sign.

Jones has to miss as many games as he needs to get better. We are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs. More important to get there healthy than wear everyone out just to get home field advantage.

I guarantee he will play as son as they let him.

If Hall can play we might get by. But If we have both Hill and Shaw in the top CB rotation we will be in trouble against the Steelers. No matter how good they are they both need some game experience to sharpen their skills. They may be fine once they have played a few games, but they are too green to stop Roethlisberger and the receivers he has. Hate him all you want, but Ben is a Hall-of-Fame QB who and as dangerous as any QB in the league throwing the ball down the field.

We will miss Iloka also.

apparently Dre has been doing some Slot work with Hill taking the outside.

Nelson and Hall got this one.
Reply/Quote
Nobody can cover Antonio Brown and we are looking at our second string guys to cover him. Not ideal. Now with Iloka out, we lose a thumper with experience. The next guys need to step up.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 06:22 PM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: All we need is for Reggie Nelson to be playing. He is Big Ben's kryptonite. Ben in the later stages of the game must think Nelson is a Stealer.

Let's not forget the awesome pick that Shawn Williams had....It has always bothered me why DBs don't guard that sideline dump off in such situations.  Williams baited him and struck like a rattlesnake.  That play showed me something out of Williams beyond just laying the wood.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 06:57 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nobody can cover Antonio Brown and we are looking at our second string guys to cover him. Not ideal. Now with Iloka out, we lose a thumper with experience. The next guys need to step up.

Jam him at the Line a double him... Make them beat us elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
How hard of a chuck can you give at the LOS? If I put two guys on Brown and plow him backwards with a double team would that be illegal?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 11:09 AM)EatonFan Wrote: How hard of a chuck can you give at the LOS? If I put two guys on Brown and plow him backwards with a double team would that be illegal?

Before 5 yards i think you can use one hand on them.... Once you let that hand off though i dont think you can put it back on.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 11:09 AM)EatonFan Wrote: How hard of a chuck can you give at the LOS?  If I put two guys on Brown and plow him backwards with a double team would that be illegal?

You can block as much as you want within the first 5 yards of the LOS. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote