Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is Cody Core still.on the roster?he
he had 2 drops today and some hand slapping on special teams
i really dont see what he does so great to earn a roster spot.
yet we refuse to upgrade the 4th WR spot on this roster. I know 5 free agent WRs that can offer more than him
Reply/Quote
He is a good special team player but I have no Idea how be is ahead of Malone on the depth chart.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is a good special team player but I have no Idea how be is ahead of Malone on the depth chart.

I can't imagine todays game will help his case to stay there. 
Reply/Quote
Never have understood all the Core love.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never have understood all the Core love.

He has good measurables and physical traits.  Unfortunately, he had a couple of opportunities to shine today, and failed miserably.  Until now, I have always been a proponent of him being on the team, not anymore..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Is dez available?
Reply/Quote
I had been on the Core train for a while but after today, I wouldn't care if he got cut tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Is dez available?

Eh, Amari Cooper is, and so is Karl Joseph.

I’d personally trade for those 2.
Reply/Quote
I'll be honest, I've been hoping to see Core get more of a shot. After today, he belongs on special teams only. How Malone or Tate didn't get some snaps today is beyond me. I hope Dalton never throws another pass Core's way. That is obviously an overreaction to this game, but those drops hurt.

While this will be unpopular, it'd be nice if AJ Green could get over the drops this season as well.
Reply/Quote
Josh Malone must be terrible if he can’t play over Core.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:16 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Josh Malone must be terrible if he can’t play over Core.

Core must know some good jokes to make Marvin giggle:giggle: and earn him a spot.  
Reply/Quote
Didn't get done today.
Reply/Quote
Core must of found out some dirt on old Marvin. After today, the guy needs to be cut. Kickers who have been atleast decent get cut for a bad game, why not a no name talentless wide receiver? The guy doesn’t belong on the field. I would of rather taken my chances with Ross
Reply/Quote
I just don't get why they don't use Malone. Core has proven he's nothing more than a ST guy. ZERO catches on three targets. Last year, when we had injuries and he had to play, he didn't do much of anything that I can recall either. Then, this year, Malone CLEARLY has the better preseason yet he rides the pine in favor of Dan Coats Jr.

I get not using Tate, he's a rookie who may not practice well during the week. Or they may view him as a "red zone" only weapon and just haven't designed much for him that can be used on gameday. But he can't be much worse right? What he lacks in speed he makes up for in size and catch radius.
Reply/Quote
Seems like the novice stuff like catching with your hands and not letting the ball get into your body {AJ}. And wrapping up on tackles or driving thru the tackle to get guys on the ground {Burfict} are being overlooked.

Core should of been an offseason cut the first ball was an easy catch the second one he was getting hit as he was catching the ball but he is 6'3 210 pounds he should be able to catch it with contact.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Seems like the novice stuff like catching with your hands and not letting the ball get into your body {AJ}. And wrapping up on tackles or driving thru the tackle to get guys on the ground {Burfict} are being overlooked.

Core should of been an offseason cut the first ball was an easy catch the second one he was getting hit as he was catching the ball but he is 6'3 210 pounds he should be able to catch it with contact.

Watching them not wrap up on tackles wears me out. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I know Erickson doesn't scare anyone but damn... he do hang on to da ball... don't he?!? :andy:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:16 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Josh Malone must be terrible if he can’t play over Core.

I've at least seen Malone catch a pass since 2016.

Core is just complete garbage as a WR and a mediocre ST's player.  I get that teams are more important than a lot of people think, but Core is a total liability when he has to play on offense.  
Reply/Quote
Core is garbage. He was nothing special in college either. I don’t get the love for him.
Reply/Quote