Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Price still manager?
He isn't anymore
https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/reds/cincinnati-reds-fire-bryan-price
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He isn't anymore
https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/reds/cincinnati-reds-fire-bryan-price

I figured it was coming soon. The team is just flat and cold they desperately need some energy !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the move and the reason for the move. The FO said they are in the "starting to turn it around" mode and Price wasn't getting it done. I also like bringing in the double A pitching coach. Seems like that's where our young pitchers have grown the most.

Next moves, get Garrett in starting rotation and bring Senzel up.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:04 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I like the move and the reason for the move. The FO said they are in the "starting to turn it around" mode and Price wasn't getting it done. I also like bringing in the double A pitching coach. Seems like that's where our young pitchers have grown the most.

Next moves, get Garrett in starting rotation and bring Senzel up.

I hope Garrett gets another shot starting soon !
Reply/Quote
No he's fired!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Bye bye Price. Finally, a change.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
And so it ends. Disappointing thing with Price is that the pitching never really developed under him.
Reply/Quote
This is great, but I doubt it does much for them this season. I hope to hell not. I certainly don't want Jim Riggleman getting. chance to manage this team long-term.

Price sucked. The big league gig was probably a little beyond him. That said, until this organization gets serious and increases payroll, they're not going to get a hell of a lot better.
Reply/Quote
This ain't Riggleman's first rodeo as interim manager for a team. I think it's his 4th interim gig now .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
"The FO said they are in the "starting to turn it around" mode and Price wasn't getting it done"
The FO can't quite define 'it' in what they're turning around. Maybe they have an old record player and are turning 'it' around .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote