Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it..
That the advertisers on this site seem to be for Higher Education Institutions and Travel Agencies.

But, when I log onto the Steelers board, all I see are ads for; Dildos and other "marital aids", E.D. Clinics, a place called Bling Bling Rims and Car Audio, and a Barber Shop that specializes in Mullets? Hmm

Carry on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That the advertisers on this site seem to be for Higher Education Institutions and Travel Agencies.

But, when I log onto the Steelers board, all I see are ads for;  Dildos and other "marital aids", E.D. Clinics, a place called Bling Bling Rims and Car Audio, and a Barber Shop that specializes in Mullets?  Hmm

Carry on.

Ads cater to the needs and wants of the users.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:16 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ads cater to the needs and wants of the users.

I get that.  But, I'm still a bit confused.  The Steeler fans on here all seem to be so intelligent and sophisticated.

I guess we're just lucky to have the good ones on here, as clearly they are not representative of "Steeler Nation".  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that.  But, I'm still a bit confused.  The Steeler fans on here all seem to be so intelligent and sophisticated.

I guess we're just lucky to have the good ones on here, as clearly they are not representative of "Steeler Nation".  Mellow

I think they're cross-posters. That's sick!  Sick

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That the advertisers on this site seem to be for Higher Education Institutions and Travel Agencies.

But, when I log onto the Steelers board, all I see are ads for; Dildos and other "marital aids", E.D. Clinics, a place called Bling Bling Rims and Car Audio, and a Barber Shop that specializes in Mullets? Hmm

Carry on.

Dildos? High octane diesel powered dildos or 4 D cell battery operated? Ones that sound like a chainsaw when started? Chain driven or belt? With that ugly steAler logo embroidered on the side.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 09:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think they're cross-posters. That's sick!  Sick

Twisted

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

But, when I log onto the Steelers board, all I see are ads for;  Dildos and other "marital aids", E.D. Clinics, a place called Bling Bling Rims and Car Audio, and a Barber Shop that specializes in Mullets?  Hmm

Carry on.

Because the ads reflect the personal interests of the you, the VIEWER, that's why.  It's 2018...thats how it works now. It's called ad personalization and is driven by your online search and browsing history. If I go to that site, I'd see completely different ads.

The banner right now above this Bengal Board thread on my computer is an ad for Overton's...a boat supply retailer. Presumably because I ordered a boat part online yesterday. I'm guessing you're not seeing an ad for boat parts right now like I am.

So if you're seeing ads for dildos, marital aids and E.D. clinics, I'd keep it a secret if I were you. That's more information about you than we really need to know.
Reply/Quote

Carry on.

You just described what you have hidden in your sock drawer. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:19 AM)Tama Wrote: Because the ads reflect the personal interests of the you, the VIEWER, that's why.  It's 2018...thats how it works now. It's called ad personalization and is driven by your online search and browsing history. If I go to that site, I'd see completely different ads.

The banner right now above this Bengal Board thread on my computer is an ad for Overton's...a boat supply retailer. Presumably because I ordered a boat part online yesterday. I'm guessing you're not seeing an ad for boat parts right now like I am.

So if you're seeing ads for dildos, marital aids and E.D. clinics, I'd keep it a secret if I were you. That's more information about you than we really need to know.

That is not entirely true.  The Ads you see are a reflection of FIRST the advertising engine they choose, AND secondly their users preferences.

Thus the joke.....
Reply/Quote

Carry on.

The ads on a given site are usually tailored to the individual viewer, not the overall group of users.  

So you can admit to one of two things at this point: that you made up this whole premise, or that you are a well educated, red-necked sex addict.  Your choice.     ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 08:49 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The ads on a given site are usually tailored to the individual viewer, not the overall group of users.  I know that's the case for this board because it's givingme ads from an electronics company I've been browsing lately.  And I got the same ads on several Steeler boards.  

So you can admit to one of two things at this point: that you made up this whole premise, or that you are a well educated, red-necked sex addict.  Your choice. 
    ThumbsUp

You all keep saying that, but at the top of this page I've got a banner inviting me to apply to MENSA, and at the bottom is an ad for Rolls Royce.  On the Steelers board I see West Side Nail and Braiding and Jim's Buy here Pay here lot.  What gives?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:19 AM)Tama Wrote: Because the ads reflect the personal interests of the you, the VIEWER, that's why.  It's 2018...thats how it works now. It's called ad personalization and is driven by your online search and browsing history. If I go to that site, I'd see completely different ads.

C'mon now.  Would I ever, never not make that up for amusement and shenanigans?  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You all keep saying that, but at the top of this page I've got a banner inviting me to apply to MENSA...... What gives?

Simple explanation...you obviously are using Burfict's laptop. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon now.  Would I ever, never not make that up for amusement and shenanigans?  Ninja

(Yeah, I know.....Not that I'd admit it, but I thought your OP was pretty damn funny)
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:33 AM)Tama Wrote: (Yeah, I know.....Not that I'd admit it, but I thought your OP was pretty damn funny)

Just be warned, I'll be up in PA in a few weeks to do some Trout fishing.  I don't want to see any of y'all up on the banks acting out Brokeback Trout Stream.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You all keep saying that, but at the top of this page I've got a banner inviting me to apply to MENSA, and at the bottom is an ad for Rolls Royce.  On the Steelers board I see West Side Nail and Braiding and Jim's Buy here Pay here lot.  What gives?

You're apparently a complicated person.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just be warned, I'll be up in PA in a few weeks to do some Trout fishing.  I don't want to see any of y'all up on the banks acting out Brokeback Trout Stream.  Mellow

Just as long as you and your buddies refrain from doing your Deliverance reenactment, we'll all be fine. You guys and all that squealing.....it might scare the fish.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:29 AM)Tama Wrote: Just as long as you and your buddies refrain from doing your Deliverance reenactment, we'll all be fine. You guys and all that squealing.....it might scare the fish.

I think you just won the internet for the day.....I may have laughed out loud at work.  Now I have that banjo song in my head.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that.  But, I'm still a bit confused.  The Steeler fans on here all seem to be so intelligent and sophisticated.

True, but that doesn't preclude them from fancying a bit of back door play now and again.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon now.  Would I ever, never not make that up for amusement and shenanigans?  Ninja

Yes ... no ... what?  LOL
Reply/Quote