Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Word Nazi's and their growing black list
This should make the language gestapo happy. Evidently now you are a racist if you say someone is a hard worker.

She actually has a veru good point. It is absurd that the same faces that call all poor people "lazy" refer to a current member of Congress as a "hard worker".

But you can't just de-rail an entire conversation to make that point. And no need to go to the "cotton pickers" line.
(10-27-2015, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She actually has a veru good point.  It is absurd that the same faces that call all poor people "lazy" refer to a current member of Congress as a "hard worker".  

But you can't just de-rail an entire conversation to make that point.  And no need to go to the "cotton pickers" line.

Ignoring the fact that no one calls ALL poor people lazy, her point is STILL not a very good one. You can be a hard worker regardless of your field. Hard worker is not relegated to only certain fields of "work". Chad Johnson was a hard worker, yet what was he doing? Learning to be a better PLAYER of a game. Surely, that doesn't compare to a mine worker or a stay-at-home mother! Give me a break. 

What I call a hard worker is someone who puts in that extra effort to perfect their craft and/or do their job to the best of their ability and/or sacrifices some of their own personal life/finances/time/etc for whatever it is they're working on or towards. 

I will grant you that I do not see many hard workers in politics (and I cannot say if Ryan would qualify as a hard worker), but one could theoretically be a hard worker without having been a slave or a mother.
[Image: giphy.gif]