Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn’t this possible...
Just started a madden money league and the first thing I did as new owner was fire Marvin lol but I then Traded Eifert straight across for cordy Glenn. Just wanted him gone tired of people who are good but not on the field. I think if we want change we’ve gotta make some changes not hope for it. Then I sent Jeremy hill and a 5th to the giants for center Weston richburg. I straight cut Kevin minter. Signed free agent Sean smith at corner and sent a 4th to Oakland and snatched bowman.

Why is something like this unreasonable? Maybe not in the exact way I did it but these guys are doable right? I think it’s within the bengals philosophy...yes? No m? Idk....
Reply/Quote
Love the creativity.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:19 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Just started a madden money league and the first thing I did as new owner was fire Marvin lol but I then Traded Eifert straight across for cordy Glenn.   Just wanted him gone tired of people who are good but not on the field.  I think if we want change we’ve gotta make some changes not hope for it.  Then I sent Jeremy hill and a 5th to the giants for center Weston richburg.  I straight cut Kevin minter.  Signed free agent Sean smith at corner and sent a 4th to Oakland and snatched bowman.  

Why is something like this unreasonable? Maybe not in the exact way I did it but these guys are doable right?  I think it’s within the bengals philosophy...yes? No m? Idk....

Well for starters, you can't trade people who aren't under contract  Ninja
Reply/Quote
It’s madden 18 so this is at the beginning of the 2017 season and I said up their maybe not exactly how it’s done above but why not the same personnel...
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:19 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Just started a madden money league and the first thing I did as new owner was fire Marvin lol but I then Traded Eifert straight across for cordy Glenn.   Just wanted him gone tired of people who are good but not on the field.  I think if we want change we’ve gotta make some changes not hope for it.  Then I sent Jeremy hill and a 5th to the giants for center Weston richburg.  I straight cut Kevin minter.  Signed free agent Sean smith at corner and sent a 4th to Oakland and snatched bowman.  

Why is something like this unreasonable? Maybe not in the exact way I did it but these guys are doable right?  I think it’s within the bengals philosophy...yes? No m? Idk....

Because in Madden World you can make the trades you want. In Real World, the other teams and the other players have to agree to it.......
Reply/Quote

Would love bringing in Richburg to the fold. 

But one reason your move could not be done is that Hill is a unrestricted FA and think Richburg is too. 

Should have traded AJM as well in your Madden league. 

Believe we would have to tag them to make a move like this. not an expert on subject though and may be wrong. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well there are lots of reasons why some of that isn't possible. I don't like how Richburg is not a physical Center either.

I would much rather have Ryan Jensen. I do like Sean Smith and Bowman though, would love to have both of those players.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well there are lots of reasons why some of that isn't possible. I don't like how Richburg is not a physical Center either.

I would much rather have Ryan Jensen. I do like Sean Smith and Bowman though, would love to have both of those players.

dude.  i know in real life the trades/aquisitions that went down in MADDEN would go completely different on the real market, but from a personnel stand point "why isnt this possible"?  In regards to jensen i just couldnt land him.  He was my second option after failed attempts for zach fulton.  Baltimore didnt wanna lose jensen.  Richburg was my 4th option as i tried to grab paradis as well after jensen.
point being why not this off season

let minter walk-he hurt us last year IMO.
Let Eifert walk...his injuries are no longer worth our time nor money.
Let jeremy hill walk cuz he blows
trade for cordy glenn in this years draft with a trade back to 21 with buffulo
throw bowman retirement money for the next 3 years here
Sign Sean Smith.
Sign Zach Fulton, or Ryan Jensen, etc...
then at pick 21 from buffulo you grab Vita Vae
Then early in the second you grab Will Hernandez some argue top guard behind nelson
then in the 3rd u grab Darius Leonard=Telvin smith clone next to bowman and burfict are u kidding me.
then with ur 3rd round comp pick u grab Mike gesicki TE from penn and u have now murdered the offseason.
Then snag Bo Scarbrough late and everythings solved.

DT would Geno atkins Vita Vae, Andrew Billings, Glasgow.
LB would be Burfict, Bowman, Leonard, Evans, Rey, Vigil
OL would be Glenn, Boling, Fulton, Hernandez, Smith
TE would be Kroft, Gesicki, Ozumah
CB would be Dennard, Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Smith, Russell
RB Mixon, Bernard, Scarbrough

Problem Solved. Your welcome Mike Brown.The path to the ship is right here.
Reply/Quote
Totally down with that SFB. Great job. Cool

If we did what you say there i would be willing to bet we would be right back into the Playoffs and actually winning once we
got there. Richburg is still an upgrade over Bodine even if he is not the most physical Center. I agree that i would like Jensen,
Fulton or Paradis much more but hey, Richburg has experience and is a decent pass blocking Center.
Reply/Quote

because madden isn't real life....  Who would trade for Jeremy hill with him set to be a free agent?

and Mike Brown is still the owner
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 07:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: because madden isn't real life....  Who would trade for Jeremy hill with him set to be a free agent?

and Mike Brown is still the owner

bruh....it clearly says in my initial post....the one you quoted, that i know it cant happen this exact same way but why isnt it possible to make these personnel changes to our team regardless of how its done...more ends oriented here man.  in regards to jeremy hill we can dump him before FA for all i care.
Reply/Quote
You asked why it wouldn't work, and there are reasons. For instance, you say you want to dump Eifert because you are tired of him not being on the field, so you want to trade him for Glenn. For that to happen, the Bills have to want Eifert, who is never on the field. The reasons you, or anyone, wants to trade a player are the same reasons other teams won't want them. Money being the exception.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You asked why it wouldn't work, and there are reasons. For instance, you say you want to dump Eifert because you are tired of him not being on the field, so you want to trade him for Glenn. For that to happen, the Bills have to want Eifert, who is never on the field. The reasons you, or anyone, wants to trade a player are the same reasons other teams won't want them. Money being the exception.

My goodness idk how much more stimuli i can provide.  Im no asking if u think that my madden method of aquiring these guys translates to real life.  Im asking if based on what we know about our bengals and how they do things if it is out of the question to make moves in WHATEVER WAY for these guys.  FOR EXAMPLE:  Trade back from 12 to 21 with the Bills and aquire Cordy Glenn.  Maybe we cushion the blow of glenns contract by letting Eifert walk. See how that was done.  
Doesnt have to be the exact same way i did it in MADDEN guy.  it even say that in my initial post.  there at the bottom if u look closely.  
Reply/Quote