Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't Housh on the Bengals staff?
He appears on FS1 and feels sorry for leaving Cincy and not staying, why isn't he on the Bengals staff? Surely he can teach some of our WRs how to get separation and run slot routes lol. This guy was an automatic 1st down on 3rd downs.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He appears on FS1 and feels sorry for leaving Cincy and not staying, why isn't he on the Bengals staff? Surely he can teach some of our WRs how to get separation and run slot routes lol. This guy was an automatic 1st down on 3rd downs.

That'd be nice to have him on as the WR coach. As much as I joke with bringing Chad in as the WR coach, I believe Housh would be an excellent teacher.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I think he would be excellent addition to coaching staff!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As an assistant WR coach maybe to start out. Simply being good at something doesn't make you a good coach of it.
Reply/Quote
well has housh shown any interest in coaching?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well has housh shown any interest in coaching?

Wasn't he here two or three years ago as an intern for training camp?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Because Andy Furman is our personnel man.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Uh, maybe because he doesn't want to be????
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because Andy Furman is our personnel man.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2646828

It cost him his job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Housh has no connection to this staff. I think we have to realize it's a new day and our beloved players from the past mean nothing to this new staff if they were going to find a retired player to elevate to coach. It's more than likely they'd bring in a player they used to coach to join the staff. Not some Marvin Lewis players.

After 16 years I know it's hard to separate the past from the future, but nothing that has happened before Jan 1st, 2019 means anything now. Nothing or no former players under Marvin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Everybody thinks we should have Housh, Munoz, Willie, Kenny etc. in here coaching. The simple fact of the matter is, these guys are enjoying life on the golf course, doing as much or as little as they want, and deserve that. Being a coach, even an assistant coach, is a huge time consuming job. I doubt they want it....
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: That'd be nice to have him on as the WR coach. As much as I joke with bringing Chad in as the WR coach, I believe Housh would be an excellent teacher.

One of the things you see in the world of hiring and human resources and training (sports and in business etc) is that average performers make the best trainers/coaches.  Average performers adhere more to templates and standards, while expert performers tend towards doing things their own way.

Anyways, just a side note. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 01:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One of the things you see in the world of hiring and human resources and training (sports and in business etc) is that average performers make the best trainers/coaches.  Average performers adhere more to templates and standards, while expert performers tend towards doing things their own way.

Anyways, just a side note. 

This is like...twice in this calendar year alone that we have agreed.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: This is like...twice in this calendar year alone that we have agreed.

Based on your profile we are both left-handed musicians...so we have that in common, but how often do those types really get along?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 01:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Based on your profile we are both left-handed musicians...so we have that in common, but how often do those types really get along?

LOL.  Probably not very often.

And in the interest of full disclosure I am still left handed, but I am a former musician.  Arthritis done took the guitar out of my hands.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: LOL.  Probably not very often.

And in the interest of full disclosure I am still left handed, but I am a former musician.  Arthritis done took the guitar out of my hands.

Ah, sorry to hear that.  Most of the musicians I knew became former-musicians because they married crazy women.  No, I'm not Paul McCartney, either.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 02:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah, sorry to hear that.  Most of the musicians I knew became former-musicians because they married crazy women.  No, I'm not Paul McCartney, either.
This is unfortunately very true.  Mine was not powerful enough to do that, hard a she may have tried.  You know how each partner gets their one thing the other can't say no about?  Well, that was my one thing.  To this day she says it took God himself to take the guitar out of my hands.  (That's what all those prayers were about, I guess).

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 10:58 AM)McC Wrote: Wasn't he here two or three years ago as an intern for training camp?

Yeah... I think he was in Cleveland with Hue too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Because Housh is still taking shots at the Bengals organization.

Even if alot of stuff he says about the Bengals and Seahawks are true it isnt the best way to go about getting a job anywhere in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: This is unfortunately very true.  Mine was not powerful enough to do that, hard a she may have tried.  You know how each partner gets their one thing the other can't say no about?  Well, that was my one thing.  To this day she says it took God himself to take the guitar out of my hands.  (That's what all those prayers were about, I guess).

Ah.  I'm with a gal who is a musician, so that makes it easier.
Reply/Quote