Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't Housh on the Bengals staff?
(02-13-2019, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah.  I'm with a gal who is a musician, so that makes it easier.

For sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  why isn't he on the Bengals staff?

Anti-Iranian sentiment.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: This is unfortunately very true.  Mine was not powerful enough to do that, hard a she may have tried.  You know how each partner gets their one thing the other can't say no about?  Well, that was my one thing.  To this day she says it took God himself to take the guitar out of my hands.  (That's what all those prayers were about, I guess).

Sorry to hear that, playing guitar is what keeps the arthritis in my fingers at bay.... and, I'm left handed too, (but I play right handed).
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sorry to hear that, playing guitar is what keeps the arthritis in my fingers at bay.... and, I'm left handed too, (but I play right handed).

Thanks.  Much appreciated. 

It's not my fingers.  It's my right elbow and shoulder.  If I play for ten minutes, the way the right hand is twisted on the strings, first, my whole arm goes numb and then it starts to throb.

Too much jackhammer, pounding steel stakes with a hammer for so many years, bull floats, mag floats, steel trowels, etc. 

Turns out, the women in my life were right all along about using my degree to make a living instead of my hands. 

You made the right choice playing righty.  At least you never had to pay 20-30% more for a guitar like I did.

The first electric I had was a right handed Danelectro 59M that I switched the strings on and played upside down.  It was a cool little guitar, with a twangy Telecaster kind of sound.  Problem was, when I strummed the strings, my left forearm would run across the knobs and turn them up and down. 

So, after a lot of bargaining, which included putting a room addition on the house in my "spare time," I was allowed to go buy  a lefty American Strat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Because he did such an amazing job with Ross last off-season
Reply/Quote
Being a good WR doesn't mean you'd be a good coach. Diva is a term often used with the position.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:32 AM)McC Wrote: Thanks.  Much appreciated. 

It's not my fingers.  It's my right elbow and shoulder.  If I play for ten minutes, the way the right hand is twisted on the strings, first, my whole arm goes numb and then it starts to throb.

Too much jackhammer, pounding steel stakes with a hammer for so many years, bull floats, mag floats, steel trowels, etc. 

Turns out, the women in my life were right all along about using my degree to make a living instead of my hands. 

You made the right choice playing righty.  At least you never had to pay 20-30% more for a guitar like I did.

The first electric I had was a right handed Danelectro 59M that I switched the strings on and played upside down.  It was a cool little guitar, with a twangy Telecaster kind of sound.  Problem was, when I strummed the strings, my left forearm would run across the knobs and turn them up and down. 

So, after a lot of bargaining, which included putting a room addition on the house in my "spare time," I was allowed to go buy  a lefty American Strat.

Yeah, as a young'un, my guitar teacher said "learn to play right handed, that way your strong hand is fretting the chords and all they weak hand is doing is strumming the rhythm... (yeah, that's all...lol). Just like my baseball coach had me swinging right, even though I fielded left. So now I golf right handed. Weird.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: LOL.  Probably not very often.

And in the interest of full disclosure I am still left handed, but I am a former musician.  Arthritis done took the guitar out of my hands.

I kind of gave up the guitar after running my index finger through a spinning table saw blade. It kind of had the effect of making my other 3 on that hand the only fingers to use which didn't work out too spiffy. but hey, my guitar makes a nice piece of furniture/art.. something to use the feather duster on once in awhile.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I kind of gave up the guitar after running my index finger through a spinning table saw blade. It kind of had the effect of making my other 3 on that hand the only fingers to use which didn't work out too spiffy. but hey, my guitar makes a nice piece of furniture/art.. something to use the feather duster on once in awhile.. 

Ow.  Just frigging OW! 

I had to get rid of my guitars.  Could not take having them stare at me.  I swear they were taunting me.  "You *****.  What, you can't take a little pain?"

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, as a young'un, my guitar teacher said "learn to play right handed, that way your strong hand is fretting the chords and all they weak hand is doing is strumming the rhythm... (yeah, that's all...lol). Just like my baseball coach had me swinging right, even though I fielded left. So now I golf right handed. Weird.

Way back when I was young, teachers and coaches both tried to make me right handed.  My dad threw fits.  He loved the fact that I was a lefty because of the edge it gives in sports.

Baseball--majority of pitchers are right handed.  Basketball--everybody just naturally guards the right hand.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He appears on FS1 and feels sorry for leaving Cincy and not staying, why isn't he on the Bengals staff? Surely he can teach some of our WRs how to get separation and run slot routes lol. This guy was an automatic 1st down on 3rd downs.

Would like him as an Assistant to Bicknell to get his feet wet here that is for sure.

Love the Housh.

Taylor also worked with the young WR's with the Rams and Kupp had a great rookie year going until injury.
Reply/Quote
Who isn't critical of the Bungles organization? Maybe he doesn't want to coach, instead he wants to sit in the FS1 booth and talk about how players should play instead. Chad didn't run routes, Carson knew him, Chad had the athletic skill. I don't know if it was the same with TJ, but that guy was an automatic 1st down.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 09:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Who isn't critical of the Bungles organization? Maybe he doesn't want to coach, instead he wants to sit in the FS1 booth and talk about how players should play instead. Chad didn't run routes, Carson knew him, Chad had the athletic skill. I don't know if it was the same with TJ, but that guy was an automatic 1st down.

TJ was the running game in 2007 and 2008.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I kind of gave up the guitar after running my index finger through a spinning table saw blade. It kind of had the effect of making my other 3 on that hand the only fingers to use which didn't work out too spiffy. but hey, my guitar makes a nice piece of furniture/art.. something to use the feather duster on once in awhile.. 

^^^^°

This dude is the most interesting guy on here...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hell, maybe he'll take the DC job
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: ^^^^°

This dude is the most interesting guy on here...

Sometimes you read a post from Gramps and you are just like wow? lol

That is why he wins most random poster award every year ha
Reply/Quote
Probably because Mike Brown is still pissed about this interview.
Reply/Quote
Why is it that we assume that every decent ex player is quick with the X’s and O’s, is a good people person, is inspiring, sets a good example on and off of the field and can actually teach? There are sides of these players that we all don’t get to see.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everybody thinks we should have Housh, Munoz, Willie, Kenny etc. in here coaching. The simple fact of the matter is, these guys are enjoying life on the golf course, doing as much or as little as they want, and deserve that. Being a coach, even an assistant coach, is a huge time consuming job. I doubt they want it....

This.  If he wanted to be a coach, he would have started at the college level long before now.

Most people with as much money as he has, choose not to work the long hours out in the hot or cold weather.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He appears on FS1 and feels sorry for leaving Cincy and not staying, why isn't he on the Bengals staff? Surely he can teach some of our WRs how to get separation and run slot routes lol. This guy was an automatic 1st down on 3rd downs.

He burnt his bridges when he was here.  He was a big time locker room cancer.
Reply/Quote