Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why not bring back Tyler Eifert? And for that matter, give Frank Gore a shot?
Both guys are free agents. Eifert is only 31 and has obvious history with the Bengals. So why not bring him back for a season and see how things go? I remember at one point he was considered one of the best tight ends in the league.

I know Gore is old for the NFL at 38, but he is also a free agent (not retired), and a hell of a ball player. Why not sign him for a season just to see how things go and see if he still has anything left in the tank?

The downside seems pretty small. If they don't work out, it'd be an easy cut. If they do, keep them for as long as they are useful. 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
Because one of them has an insane amount of miles on him, and the other guy has been in the shop more than he’s been available.

Hard pass on both.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Gore isnt an upgrade over any of our RBs and Eifert hasn't been good in 4 years.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Sign Eifert and what? Place him on IR for old times sake?

Gore is great but I just love the quiet cool of Perine. CJ scores the opening/go ahead TD, SP runs over, helps him up, gives him two pats on the back of the shoulder, turns and runs off. Translation: Good job and that's nice and all but we still have work to do.

And you can tell how valuable they view Perine is to their team . . . he only played 16 Special Team snaps the last game of the season where there was mostly backups playing. "Look, Samaje. This should be your game to go off but you're too important to our game plan. We need you to be fresh and healthy . . . however, Darrin does need you on ST this week." That's a team mate and that's a guy a coach tries to keep.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Why?

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
No thanks. To sign guys you have to cut guys. They are not better than anyone on our team or practice squad.
Reply/Quote
Kinda weird.
Reply/Quote
Why? They are about to enter an off-season where good players will want to play here. They don’t have to shop at wal mart and thrift stores for tackles and almost retired vets anymore.

Are you Mike Brown from the 90s?
Reply/Quote
We only have 3 more games this season...
Reply/Quote
Isn't Gore going into boxing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eifert couldn’t even get a 2nd contract with the lowly Jaguars. Besides, right now Uzomah is a better TE for what this team needs. And Gore made it perfectly clear to every team that came knocking this season that he was done with football and moving onto boxing. And again, he wouldn’t be an upgrade to our current RBs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote