Poll: Why not keep Andy
I'm concerned about Mike Brown's savings
Mike will use the saved money to invest in the oline
We'll get a pick in the first 3 rounds
We owe it to Andy
Andy will be made if we don't
Other (splain yoself)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Why not keep Andy as a backup?
(04-29-2020, 10:39 PM)McC Wrote: This is just a guess but I think if Andy had been on the open market, he might have had a real shot at the NO job that Winston just got.  This is why holding onto him still is doing him wrong.

So your argument is AD has not shot at being paid 17.7 millions in 2020 by any team because no way he can start so won't be paid starter money, then say they are doing wrong by him not cutting him so he will make less money and maybe no money if no one picks him up in 2020 if they agree with you and Nico the man is worthless.

Time for you to walk out across the wet paint and Bfine is owning you and your weak answers. Popcorn

As of now, he gets 17.7 million dollars so why would he be upset if they keep him and pay him regardless of his role. Only way he is upset is if he thinks someone would pay him same or more to be a starting QB and it did not happen.

Edit: Bengals screwed AD by not cutting him prior to the draft. He would have had a lot more options, but now has less. I hope he lands a job and get paid more than 1.1 million Winston got from Saints since Bengals act like they were doing right by him, but they lied.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So your argument is AD has not shot at being paid 17.7 millions in 2020 by any team because no way he can start so won't be paid starter money, then say they are doing wrong by him not cutting him so he will make less money and maybe no money if no one picks him up in 2020 if they agree with you and Nico the man is worthless.

Time for you to walk out across the wet paint and Bfine is owning you and your weak answers. Popcorn

As of now, he gets 17.7 million dollars so why would he be upset if they keep him and pay him regardless of his role. Only way he is upset is if he thinks someone would pay him same or more to be a starting QB and it did not happen.

Edit: Bengals screwed AD by not cutting him prior to the draft. He would have had a lot more options, but now has less. I hope he lands a job and get paid more than 1.1 million Winston got from Saints since Bengals act like they were doing right by him, but they lied.

Why in the world would they have cut him before the draft? That was the time to see if you could move him for a pick. They couldn’t, so we cut him. They did exactly what they should have.

Reply/Quote
Well, looks like this discussion is now transitioning to, "Who should be Burrow's backup?"
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Paul Dehner...is that you?

No.  Just a guy who was right about this all along.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would they have cut him before the draft? That was the time to see if you could move him for a pick. They couldn’t, so we cut him. They did exactly what they should have.

I was referencing post from MCC that said they cared about AD.

They did not and proved it.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was referencing post from MCC that said they cared about AD.

They did not and proved it.

They just cut him because they were afraid Dalton would win the QB competition.  

Don't worry.  All that egg all over your face will wash off eventually.  And you don't have to tell me I was right all along.  I knew it the whole time.  QB competition.  Ha ha ha.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

POsting to clarify the reality of the CAP space situation. The bengals did NOT show to be significantly over with rookie signings.

They now have a lot of room to work with.

Again, Jason Peters please. Pray

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Peters would be cool

Larry Watford may be a cap casualty... would be great.

Yannick Ngakoue could be an option as well...
Reply/Quote
Why not? Maybe because HE WAS RELEASED! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:04 AM)McC Wrote: They just cut him because they were afraid Dalton would win the QB competition.  

Don't worry.  All that egg all over your face will wash off eventually.  And you don't have to tell me I was right all along.  I knew it the whole time.  QB competition.  Ha ha ha.

How as I wrong? I never said they would not cut Dalton. I said FO is stupid to do so without a QB competition and just handing Burrow the job.

Just my opinion, I think the competition (Burrow would have likely won or became starter in 2020 at some point would have helped him be better. We will never know.

Let's hope he throws 4500 yards and 40 TD's in year one, then we are all happy. Nut as of yet, he has done nothing in the NFL, all is speculation.

A year ago all I heard was ZT was our savior and ML was a horrible HC, then Zac took same team and got worse.

Let's hope Burrow gets us back to playoffs. But, let's not state it as fact he will until we see it.

Reply/Quote
Other
A) there is no market for AD right now.
B) rework his contract to a more team friendly deal and be the back up and wait for an injury on another team next year and hope for a trade.
C) he's not gonna make much more money anywhere else as he would here.
D) Mentor Burrow and it makes him even more appealing to another team.
Reply/Quote