Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not us ?
(01-03-2022, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Who can't we beat in the AFC?

The Patriots? Great coach, but we out talent them by a wide margin.
The Titans? Good team but they don't scare me. I can easily see us winning.
The Chiefs? We just beat them.

Then you have teams like the Raiders, Bills, and Colts.

I don't see any teams where I'm like "aw man...I hope we don't face them".

Then the toughest team in the NFC we took to OT. I guess if we had to face the Jets, I'd be terrified, but this team brings their A game against great teams.

Browns are the only team who kind of scare me cause of Chubb, but they might not even matter come next Sunday...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Browns are the only team who kind of scare me cause of Chubb, but they might not even matter come next Sunday...

They have a very slim shot of making it, so I didn't include them, but agreed.

If we did have to face them, I'd worry.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather not face the Chargers again. Go Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe I did this same thread in 2015? I dunno

Anyways, way not us ? Yeah, yeah, putting the cart way in front of the horse but that's what us fans get to do.

Why not us in the Super Bowl. This team can play with anybody, they've proven it. Joe Burrow is a game changer as is Chase and the WR corps. Mixon is a force.

The defense has had it's ups and downs but overall they don't stink.

If you would have told me back in August this team would win the division and make playoffs I would have called the psych ward for you.

Why not more ?

That's why it's vital to at least get one home playoff game. Bengals carry themselves with composure on the road. Yes, the playoffs are amped up and some teams play on egg shells. While I don't agree with ZT on some of his wild and crazy decisions this entire year, plenty of them have worked out and, more importantly, he shows no fright/fear to his team which is a huuuuuge reflection.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I miss your cynical side.

Oh, it's still there...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Then the toughest team in the NFC we took to OT. I guess if we had to face the Jets, I'd be terrified, but this team brings their A game against great teams.

We can't beat ourselves.  The only way I can see losing is turnovers at the wrong time, or a super costly penalty.  If we can continue to have clean games.....look out!   I like that Burrow didn't have a good game at Denver, but we still won.....that's something that seemed like during the Marvin era didn't happen.  I am sure it actually did, but it SEEMS like it didn't.  Most excited I have been in a long time   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Browns are the only team who kind of scare me cause of Chubb, but they might not even matter come next Sunday...

I worry about every team we play. The final sequences of yesterday really just assured me that I have Jeremy Hill PTSD, and cannot relax until the clock hits zero, and our point total is higher than theirs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Browns are the only team who kind of scare me cause of Chubb, but they might not even matter come next Sunday...

Lordy...how did the Steelers resting and letting the Browns into the playoffs work for them?  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lordy...how did the Steelers resting and letting the Browns into the playoffs work for them?  

John Kitna started our final game of the 2005 season... Took a 30 point ass whoopin', and we all know what happened the following week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:04 PM)jason Wrote: John Kitna started our final game of the 2005 season... Took a 30 point ass whoopin', and we all know what happened the following week.

And in 09 we let the Jets in and they beat us the next week when it counted for both teams.  Steelers let the Browns in last year and they lost to them, and I lived in Chicago when the Bears let the Packers into the playoffs via resting their starters and the Packers came back to Chicago to beat them in the NFC Championship game.

Maybe my memory is biased, but still.
Reply/Quote
Where’s CJ Uzomah’s training camp interview saying “why not us?”

“Joe’s gonna Joe, actually both Joes gonna Joe”

“So yeah, Why not us?” Paraphrasing CJ
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We are going into the playoffs as the best current team in the AFC, so I'm already tossing the "why not us" stuff aside and assuming we take on the Packers or the Buccaneers in the SB until I see otherwise.

Why shouldn't we be the favorite to represent the AFC in the SB?  Other than the bs notion that being confident about that is going to make Joe Burrow fall apart.  We just beat the Chiefs, Ryan Tannehill can't keep up with Burrow, Mac Jones can't keep up with Burrow, and the Bills are just flat-out beatable.  

I try to think of myself as a reasonable person, and right now the facts say that the Bengals are the cream of the AFC.

For sure among the cream by any objective opinion.
Reply/Quote

Agree

The only team that hasn't shown cracks in their armor lately was the Chiefs and well ummm
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:00 PM)jason Wrote: I worry about every team we play. The final sequences of yesterday really just assured me that I have Jeremy Hill PTSD, and cannot relax until the clock hits zero, and our point total is higher than theirs.

It's hard to get past ain't it ?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:04 PM)jason Wrote: John Kitna started our final game of the 2005 season... Took a 30 point ass whoopin', and we all know what happened the following week.

(01-03-2022, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And in 09 we let the Jets in and they beat us the next week when it counted for both teams.  Steelers let the Browns in last year and they lost to them, and I lived in Chicago when the Bears let the Packers into the playoffs via resting their starters and the Packers came back to Chicago to beat them in the NFC Championship game.

Maybe my memory is biased, but still.

And this is why all Marvin playoff games should be thrown out as evidence. The guy lost in all scenarios. Kitna was probably the best backup in the league. Come back player of the year in '03 with 3600 yards and 26 TDs.

Came out on fire in relief of Carson and led is to a 17-14 halftime lead. Then Marv makes his media jargon and we get outscored 17-0 in the 2nd half.

We play our starters for a bit in week 17 of 2009 and it didn't matter. Carson Dalton has a 58.3 rating in the playoff game, yet we kept throwing despite being a running team all year.

If we want evidence of whether we should start or sit our guys, we should look at other teams/coaches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I'd rather not face the Chargers again. Go Raiders.

Bengals are better than them. Just don’t give away the game in the first quarter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Leading up to this game I said they weren't quite ready yet but I don't believe that now.

They can hang with anyone in the league and win.

This team has what it takes to go all the way.

Will they? Well anything can happen. They can get smoked in the WC round because of an off day or they can win out.

After the last couple weeks I'm convinced they have as good a chance as anyone to win it all. Not only that but I think they need to be on a short list with KC, TB and GB as possible favorites, add Tennessee to that list if Henry comes back at full strength.

I'm not sold on the Pats or the Bills right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:00 PM)jason Wrote: I worry about every team we play. The final sequences of yesterday really just assured me that I have Jeremy Hill PTSD, and cannot relax until the clock hits zero, and our point total is higher than theirs.

I'm still trying to recover from that.  lol.

A playoff win or two this year could go a long way to curing me.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:58 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Titans are the least of my worries.

The defense contained Dalvon Cook, Najee Harris, Lamar Jackson, among others. We can contain Henry.

I guess I look at it differently.
Henry amassed 984 yards in just 8 games.
The only other RB close to that production this year is Jonathan Taylor.
Dude is a hoss.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I guess I look at it differently.
Henry amassed 984 yards in just 8 games.
The only other RB close to that production this year is Jonathan Taylor.
Dude is a hoss.

It also but mass threads on his tires sidelining him for half the season. Scary proposition to try and run him again like that.
Reply/Quote