Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not weeks ago?
Why not bench 70 weeks ago? This staff is full of bleeding imbeciles.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:48 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Why not bench Ooogabooga weeks ago?  This staff is full of bleeding imbeciles.

Come on man, be better. There's no need to go that route.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
why does Bodine survive three years as a below average center.

why does Rey M survive for years as a below average Mike.

Why do almost every pother team in the league play their first round draft picks and our sit for two years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Come on man, be better. There's no need to go that route.

Just saw that nickname in another thread?  am I missing something offensive in it's nature? If that is the case I wouldn't of said it?  Now obviously the imbecile may of been too far, just a frustrated fan.  
Reply/Quote
They did start rotating in Winston a few weeks back. Dude has been on the bench all year, it isn't like he was ready to play 60.

I agree, though, with the general premise and the OC should have had more TE help on his side, or at the very least have the RB chip and give Dalton more bootlegs so he is not always a sitting duck at the same spot.

That last point was the single greatest adjustment Zampese made this past week...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They did start rotating in Winston a few weeks back.  Dude has been on the bench all year, it isn't like he was ready to play 60.

I agree, though, with the general premise and the OC should have had more TE help on his side, or at the very least have the RB chip and give Dalton more bootlegs so he is not always a sitting duck at the same spot.  

That last point was the single greatest adjustment Zampese made this past week...

Totally agree.  Bootlegs and rollouts mean that only HALF of the O-line has to protect well on that play (whichever side the rollout is) - it's like hedging your bets.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
Because Paul Alexander has more say in the starting lineup for the offensive line than any of us care to acknowledge or even think about
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:27 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Totally agree.  Bootlegs and rollouts mean that only HALF of the O-line has to protect well on that play (whichever side the rollout is) - it's like hedging your bets.   Smirk

What I don't understand is why it took so long.  I mean, my friends and I have been saying for weeks that they need to roll the pocket.

I just can't imagine it took this long for our coaching staff to figure this out.  They are not that inept are they?  Wait..... maybe we shouldn't answer that question.
Reply/Quote
Let's make a fan proclamation wherein hereby coaching will be done by fan consent and all trades done the same way. Soon as we can all agree with the course of action 100% across the board we'll win every super bowl from henceforth..
Oh yeah ..that's gonna happen . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:06 AM)bengals67 Wrote: why does Bodine survive three years as a below average center.

why does Rey M survive for years as a below average Mike.

Why do almost every pother team in the league play their first round draft picks and our sit for two years.

Don't you know it takes (at least) 3 years to truly develop a draft pick before they can become a quality starter? Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:40 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Because Paul Alexander has more say in the starting lineup for the offensive line than any of us care to acknowledge or even think about

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: Let's make a fan proclamation wherein hereby coaching will be done by fan consent and all trades done the same way. Soon as we can all agree with the course of action 100% across the board we'll win every super bowl from henceforth..

There are some fans on here who I wouldn't mind making those decisions, especially the lineup... Seriously. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: Let's make a fan proclamation wherein hereby coaching will be done by fan consent and all trades done the same way. Soon as we can all agree with the course of action 100% across the board we'll win every super bowl from henceforth..

While I'm all for having a coaching staff that ignores fan's opinions and knows way better than they do (which would be their job, as it would be the fan's job to trust them and shut up), in this particular instance your sarcastic suggestion might not even be the worst thing.
Ogbuehi is such a case. As soon as even I see that there's something deeply wrong, the coaching staff already made huge mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 12:39 PM)hollodero Wrote: While I'm all for having a coaching staff that ignores fan's opinions and knows way better than they do (which would be their job, as it would be the fan's job to trust them and shut up), in this particular instance your sarcastic suggestion might not even be the worst thing.
Ogbuehi is such a case. As soon as even I see that there's something deeply wrong, the coaching staff already made huge mistakes.

Exactly, and how long have you been watching NFL football?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:07 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Just saw that nickname in another thread?  am I missing something offensive in it's nature? If that is the case I wouldn't of said it?  Now obviously the imbecile may of been too far, just a frustrated fan.  

Pretty clearly you didn't mean it this way but it can have some racist connotation (oogyboogy can have similar meaning to spook). that being said it might have been a reach, and that might not be what he meant lol

Towards the actual point of the thread, Winston is also terrible and doesn't have the ability to play extended snaps. While Ogbuehi does suck, the coaches feel his talent at some point shold take over. The problem here being that Cedric just isn't a violent enough player and that's the exact problem. If he was violent, with his hands, finishing blocks, etc, he would be solid at least. But he's passive and doesn't even use his hands. It's really just something he can't learn. Players don't change. THey never do 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly, and how long have you been watching NFL football?

Regularly since 2008 (a couple games before that and the Superbowl forever). Didn't exactly inhale it with the mother's milk like most of you guys. Plus, I seldomly rewatch games on tape like I suppose many of you do - and like normally you would have to do to evaluate single positions, especially on the lines (where people like me normally notice very little aside from flags).

The rule is valid. As soon as I see there's something systematically wrong, it's really really bad and every coach would have needed to notice waaaay earlier.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:07 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Just saw that nickname in another thread?  am I missing something offensive in it's nature? If that is the case I wouldn't of said it?  Now obviously the imbecile may of been too far, just a frustrated fan.  

Some may perceive that nickname as a tad bit racist. You know who people like to get butt hurt about anything and everything now days.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 01:02 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Some may perceive that nickname as a tad bit racist. You know who people like to get butt hurt about anything and everything now days.

I see, well that would never be my intention, I will out of caution not use it again.  Thanks for the heads up. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 12:57 PM)hollodero Wrote: Regularly since 2008 (a couple games before that and the Superbowl forever). Didn't exactly inhale it with the mother's milk like most of you guys. Plus, I seldomly rewatch games on tape like I suppose many of you do - and like normally you would have to do to evaluate single positions, especially on the lines (where people like me normally notice very little aside from flags).

The rule is valid. As soon as I see there's something systematically wrong, it's really really bad and every coach would have needed to notice waaaay earlier.

Right on....so 8 years regularly, and I am going out on a limb and saying you never played the game either.  That is my point, you have us armchair QBs, and newer fans to the game such as yourself who can see this glaring ineptitude at RT, and yet , these coaches who have DECADES of experience in not only watching the game, but coaching it at the professional level, and they can't see it?  That should be grounds for their termination alone.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 12:52 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Pretty clearly you didn't mean it this way but it can have some racist connotation (oogyboogy can have similar meaning to spook). that being said it might have been a reach, and that might not be what he meant lol

Towards the actual point of the thread, Winston is also terrible and doesn't have the ability to play extended snaps. While Ogbuehi does suck, the coaches feel his talent at some point shold take over. The problem here being that Cedric just isn't a violent enough player and that's the exact problem. If he was violent, with his hands, finishing blocks, etc, he would be solid at least. But he's passive and doesn't even use his hands. It's really just something he can't learn. Players don't change. THey never do 

All the effin Politically Correct dips***s can take a flying leap. No one is suggesting anything racist. Geeze!!!
Reply/Quote