Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why punctuation matters
I know, sometimes some of y'all get a little sensitive about grammar violations, and some get a little sensitive about the grammar police.

Well, punctuation matters, and I don't have a pic, but I swear it happened.

I seen a guy (see what I did there) the other day proudly wearing a shirt. Absent the correct punctuation, it could of made him appear to be a fan of a certain body part from a certain type of man. Instead, I just knew he was proud of the religious institution he was affiliated with.

His shirt said: Saint Peter's

Wink

So, can we all agree punctuation matters? Got any other good illustrations?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 12:07 PM)xxlt Wrote: it could of made him appear to be
Please tell me this was intenional.  LOL
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Please tell me this was intenional.  LOL

Please tell me this was intentional.  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Please tell me this was intentional.  Ninja

Are you questioning my lack of a question mark?

I wonder if you are.

LMAO 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Please tell me this was intenional.  LOL

Good eye! I highlighted the colloquialism, "I seen a guy," but that "of" was just a little love for the attentive reader. It is nice to know it found a receptive :heart:
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Are you questioning my lack of a question mark?

I wonder if you are.

LMAO 

I read it as an imperative, and not a question. An imperative so compelling, in the heat of the moment I lied. Full disclosure, the second colloquialism was really just a sort of slip that happens sometimes when your voices change without you knowing they did. Kind of cool, but kind of scary, or my own powers of suggestion are even more powerful than I realized. But, I am still glad you loved it and I love it even more for knowing I didn't do it on purpose, but should have. It is sort of like a lot of the women in my past, but that is another story for another day.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Are you questioning my lack of a question mark?

I wonder if you are.

LMAO 

Nah. Just noticed your misspelled word (intenional), and wondering if that was intentional. It was kinda funny at the time....sorta 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:35 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Nah. Just noticed your misspelled word (intenional), and wondering if that was intentional. It was kinda funny at the time....sorta 

Yeah, and so was me not using a question mark in a question as well.

Then me following it with a sentence that had no question mark, questioning your motive.

Misspelling is just low hanging fruit dangling for a [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif].
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screen+Shot+2014-01-11+at+8.42.22+PM.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote