Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why's Biden Removing The Razor Wire?
Can someone give me a logical explanation for why Biden is removing the razor wire in Texas?

Even if it doesn't stop all illegal immigrants, it at least makes it more difficult and stops some, so why would Biden have agents start cutting it?

The only thing I could find is that Biden is saying that it stops border agents from reaching migrants, but wouldn't that just mean that it's more difficult for migrants to get into the country?

How does this make any sense?
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much has actually been removed?
Or if this is just an incendiary subject being used to fuel the perpetual outrage machine?

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/houston-texas-news/content/2024-01-26-feds-back-down-wont-remove-razor-wire-at-border/

"Bottom line: Border Patrol has no plans to remove infrastructure (c-wire) placed by Texas along the border. Our posture remains the same. If we need to access an area for emergency response, we will do so. When that happens, we will coordinate with Texas DPS & TMD"
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 06:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder how much has actually been removed?
Or if this is just an incendiary subject being used to fuel the perpetual outrage machine?

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/houston-texas-news/content/2024-01-26-feds-back-down-wont-remove-razor-wire-at-border/

"Bottom line: Border Patrol has no plans to remove infrastructure (c-wire) placed by Texas along the border. Our posture remains the same. If we need to access an area for emergency response, we will do so. When that happens, we will coordinate with Texas DPS & TMD"

Regardless of whether or not it was actually removed, the question remains of why Biden would even want to do that.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 06:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Regardless of whether or not it was actually removed, the question remains of why Biden would even want to do that.

I think you already answered it. I did some searching as well and the reason I find is that the wire is making the border patrol job more difficult. I don’t have much more details than this, but I do tend to side with the Biden administration on this as the conservative leaning Supreme Court ruled in their favor.

Given the situation at the border, I don’t want those agents having a more difficult job than necessary. It’s hard to talk much deeper than that but I would assume the Supreme Court justices had all of the necessary information and agreed.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 06:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think you already answered it. I did some searching as well and the reason I find is that the wire is making the border patrol job more difficult. I don’t have much more details than this, but I do tend to side with the Biden administration on this as the conservative leaning Supreme Court ruled in their favor.

Given the situation at the border, I don’t want those agents having a more difficult job than necessary. It’s hard to talk much deeper than that but I would assume the Supreme Court justices had all of the necessary information and agreed.

How could it possibly make their lives more difficult?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 06:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Regardless of whether or not it was actually removed, the question remains of why Biden would even want to do that.

Idk. If your job is it patrol a certain area. And all of a sudden that area is inaccessible. Or if there was a group of children in distress on the other side and you needed to get to them to provide aid.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 06:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How could it possibly make their lives more difficult?

I found some more specifics. Last year, there were some migrants that drowned and Mexican border patrol had to save two men from hypothermia due to the amount of time it took or inability of the U.S. border agents to reach these locations, which was due to the razor wire.

The order from the administration is not only to cut the wire but to also move it so they can reach boat access points as well as surveillance sites. Allowing the agents to either cut the wire or move it allows them to monitor this particular area of the river more effectively as well as be more available for emergencies. This is another thing - this isn’t being done all along the border. It’s a 2.5 mile section of the border near the Rio Grande. Here’s the SCOTUS blog on the ruling.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2024/01/court-allows-border-patrol-to-cut-texas-razor-wire-along-rio-grande/
Reply/Quote