Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Bengals are December Dominators
(12-21-2023, 05:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m glad you are coming around after calling him a high school coach LMAO. You were also bagging on him about being 10-18 in the north. LMAO from ‘21-‘23 he’s got more wins than anybody in the division with 30. Your takes so irrelevant lol

It was all justified, especially the piss poor game planning he had in the first steelers game and the start of every season he's been a coach. Your posts should be taken with a massive grain of salt because you probably have an altar for Zac with his college jock strap as a centerpiece. You need stop being so confrontational with me because I disagree with your assessment with Taylor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m glad you are coming around after calling him a high school coach LMAO. You were also bagging on him about being 10-18 in the north. LMAO from ‘21-‘23 he’s got more wins than anybody in the division with 30. Your takes so irrelevant lol

You do a lot of lmao and lols for an adult. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 03:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: This is so true. I see even the best coaches make baffling decisions that backfire, sometimes spectacularly. Time management issues. Plays that backfire near the goal line (it was the one-yard line and you have Marshall Lynch). Fake punts with there is like 8 yards to go and that end up turning the ball over. 

I've been impressed with Taylor in some of the biggest games. For example, look at the first time the Burrow-led Bengals beat KC, when they masterfully ran the clock down so Mahomes had no time for a comeback. And Taylor had to work with some severe injuries to key players in some of those big games. 

It seems every week I see some headscratcher from other coaches.

I would say running the clock down against KC in that 1st matchup wasn't really masterful. Extremely awkward and extremely lucky probably describes it best.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:48 PM)wanga Wrote: You do a lot of lmao and lols for an adult. 

LMAO
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It was all justified, especially the piss poor game planning he had in the first steelers game and the start of every season he's been a coach. Your posts should be taken with a massive grain of salt because you probably have an altar for Zac with his college jock strap as a centerpiece. You need stop being so confrontational with me because I disagree with your assessment with Taylor.

Mine are rational. Yours as I’ve proven are irrational. I just post his success. I’m sorry I exposed you. You continuously call him a high school coach. A coach with a 5-2 playoff record. A coach with only a handful of teams that have won more games nearing now 3 years. Won an AFC title, played in another, and played in a Super Bowl. And as far as having his jock strap from Nebraska I watched him lose twice to my Sooners in person twice and relished it. So that’s a negatory
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
So they are almost all healthy except the ones who are on IR? What kind of nonsense is that? We lost two guys last week, but they don’t count? “We have 15 guys on IR, but the ones not on IR are feeling great.” Personally I’d prefer to have the DJs questionable instead of out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:08 PM)Garrus Wrote: When I played OL in HS my coach used to always tell us we should do ballet because of the footwork and yoga for increased flexibility. The players laughed but he was dead serious. Glad to see our players aren't turning down something out of the norm. 

Took ballet every offseason at Moeller. Don’t think they still do it though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Winning games in September is just as important as winning games in December. They all count the same, and maybe if you win in your first two weeks you have a shot at #1.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 02:22 PM)Garrus Wrote: This is obviously the time of year you want to play your best, so I cannot complain since it is the most intense and clutch time to be good. However, I really would like to see them start off a little better early on.

As this season shows making the playoffs is not a given, and those early season blunders really increase the difficulty of making the postseason. We will also never get the 1 seed unless we can come out a bit hotter the first half the season. Granted I know it is a bit tough because Burrow has been hurt/recovering basically every year in the offseason, and also the OL just cannot get the reps they need to play well. Last 2 years the later we got in the season the OL played better and better. I truly think if LC, Cappa and Jonah don't get hurt last year we beat KC and go back to the SB because they were playing well. They must just need a bunch of live reps to get up to speed, and you can't really do that in practice anymore.

So I don't have a good solution to make the early season better, maybe just some luck that Burrow stays healthy and our new RT comes out and plays well (Since I doubt we are retaining Jonah unfortunately). Still, it is refreshing to see the Bengals be a December/January team for once.

Well said Garrus, took the words right out of my mouth honestly. Great that we have been very good in December and January, but we 
do need to start out much better at the beginning of the season instead of digging ourselves an early hole every year in the best Division
in football.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said Garrus, took the words right out of my mouth honestly. Great that we have been very good in December and January, but we 
do need to start out much better at the beginning of the season instead of digging ourselves an early hole every year in the best Division
in football.

I think they are 2 different discussions. This was talking about how well Zac and Joey Boese manage the workload to have us still fresh for the end of the year. But it also means peaking at the right time. But as others have said we have to start better. Would we have been much better had Joe had a camp and healthy? I think undoubtedly. Last year we had 3 new linemen. So it is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 01:34 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Off the field, Taylor is terrific. On the field... not so much.

You're joking right?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 03:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The posters on here slobber all over KC/Andy Reid & their FO. Well they are 9-5 with a full healthy Mahomes. We are 8-6 w/o Burrow 4 games and way less than 100% in 3 games. So many dumb butts on here in the Tee Higgins resigning discussion … cite KC’s average receivers and running backs and their low salary cap numbers as some golden rule lol. No KC receiver makes that play that Tee did Saturday lol. Well they went cheap with their tackles and like some of us said Donovan Smith would get them penalized to death. And Toney? Oh my!  Proves the point OL matters. Ours has steadily improved to #20 per PFF but most of the year #28. Whereas all the teams posters cite as great offenses  on here are top 10 OL.  Give Taylor a top 10 O-line and the rest of the 31 fan sites will be calling him genius. Cincy has been # 8 the last 2 years in points per play. It’s efficiency guys and it’s damn good with that OL.

We are in trouble if there is a Tee Higgins resigning that happens now that Chase is hurt. 

Oh never mind, think you meant re-signing but ironically made the mistake in the sentence you called everybody else dumb butts in.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He needs to clean up the start of the year woes and he'll be much better in a lot of people's eyes. The Jags and Colts games were both really impressive to me. The Vikings game he started going back to his old offense and it showed poor production until the 4th quarter. The biggest gripe I have with him is he's super pass happy because we have Burrow, and that makes everything way harder. He needs to help the OL and RBs by calling more under center plays and let them be more aggressive. Just things like us playing very poorly against cover 2 for half the year is just another example of him being too pass happy. We'll see if he takes those two good game plans that he had against the Jags and Colts and expand on them the rest of this season and next.

Right, he needs to crack down on his starting QB and tell him no more pandemics, no more burst appendixes, no more ACL tears, and no more calf strains. Quit F'n around Burrow!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 07:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: We are in trouble if there is a Tee Higgins resigning that happens now that Chase is hurt. 

Oh never mind, think you meant re-signing but ironically made the mistake in the sentence you called everybody else dumb butts in.  

Thanks for pointing my spelling error out.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they are 2 different discussions. This was talking about how well Zac and Joey Boese manage the workload to have us still fresh for the end of the year. But it also means peaking at the right time. But as others have said we have to start better. Would we have been much better had Joe had a camp and healthy? I think undoubtedly. Last year we had 3 new linemen. So it is what it is.

Completely agree with you here of course.

Slow starts have just been a thing since Zac got here for a variety of reasons, Joe banged up, new OL etc.
Reply/Quote