Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why the Bengals will miss the postseason
Bengals are imo the best team in the AFC. They shouldn't be scared of anyone the other teams should be scared of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also, i might add that the Bengals have had a better record every year since Dalton and Green got here.

I expect no different this year... 12+ wins barring injuries.

But we lost Marvin Jones.  .500 at best!
Reply/Quote
If any team in our division has a chance of missing the playoffs, its the Steelers. They might be the most FRAGILE team in the NFL. Imagine what an AB injury would do to that team. Who knows how Bell will come back, and Ben R can't go a full season without missing at least 4 games. Hope they draft a backup because what they had behind Ben was pretty ugly. Oh and Martavius smoked his way out of the league. Not to mention their secondary should be a lineup of all rookies and misfits. Call it a hunch, but I don't see the Steelers matching last years magical season at all.
Reply/Quote
No, if any team is in danger of missing the playoffs, it's the Ravens. Who STUNK last year...and not offensively. Please tell me who on that defense is going to make them good enough to make the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:10 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: No, if any team is in danger of missing the playoffs, it's the Ravens.  Who STUNK last year...and not offensively.  Please tell me who on that defense is going to make them good enough to make the playoffs?

Kinda thought you had to make it last year into the playoffs in order to 'miss' it this year. I have no fear of the Ravens, they are old and crummy.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:10 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: No, if any team is in danger of missing the playoffs, it's the Ravens.  Who STUNK last year...and not offensively.  Please tell me who on that defense is going to make them good enough to make the playoffs?

Suggs.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 03:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If any team in our division has a chance of missing the playoffs, its the Steelers. They might be the most FRAGILE team in the NFL. Imagine what an AB injury would do to that team. Who knows how Bell will come back, and Ben R can't go a full season without missing at least 4 games. Hope they draft a backup because what they had behind Ben was pretty ugly. Oh and Martavius smoked his way out of the league. Not to mention their secondary should be a lineup of all rookies and misfits. Call it a hunch, but I don't see the Steelers matching last years magical season at all.

I would like to agree with you, because I dislike the Steelers.  But the Browns have a much better chance of missing the playoffs than the Steelers, because they are the Browns.
Reply/Quote
The only way we miss is if we beat ourselves.

Which is possible..

Because, five one and done's just has to be taking a toll regardless of some valid excuses for all of the loses other than SD.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 02:40 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: But we lost Marvin Jones.  .500 at best!

Yeah, his 4 TD's can never be replicated!

Brandon Williams, Terrell Suggs, CJ Mosely aren't punks.

Pretty damn surprised they cut Will Hill though, that should hurt them even more in the Secondary.

We will sweep them again but they should split with Pitt and sweep the Browns.

We will see but i can never count out the Ravens or the Steelers. Especially after the Ravens were just decimated by injuries last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brandon Williams, Terrell Suggs, CJ Mosely aren't punks.

Pretty damn surprised they cut Will Hill though, that should hurt them even more in the Secondary.

We will sweep them again but they should split with Pitt and sweep the Browns.

We will see but i can never count out the Ravens or the Steelers. Especially after the Ravens were just decimated by injuries last year.

Ravens defense is decent, is their offense that is atrocious.

Ravens O:
[Image: three_old_men.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Ravens offense will be one of the best in the AFC, my prediction.

Aiken
Smith
Perriman
Wallace?
Watson
Gilmore
Williams
Forsett
Allen

Look at their free agent acquisitions. They have pretty much said they aren't going to be able to stop anyone and are resigned to throw it 50 times a game. Their defense doesn't scare me a bit outside of a few players.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 11:14 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I know what you're thinking...just hear me out.

The AFC West is going to be RAW next year.

Oakland on the rise.

Wisenhunt returning to his old job + Travis Benjamin=a better performing Phillip Rivers. Once San Diego gets their defense back from injuries, they'll improve from last year by a large margin.

Chiefs and Broncos just have to keep doing them.

I anticipate at least one of these teams snagging a wild card berth. If not them, we'll see a surgeing team in the AFC South take it.

If one of the teams from either division surge and do as well as expected (I'm calling the Jags as the most likely) they could very take a wild card berth.

I predict that the Bengals get short-handed in the division race due to the Ravens' resurgence and the Steelers just doing what they've always done. An Afc West or South team could be the nail in the coffin that has us looking from the outside in for the first time in half a decade.

Thoughts?

were one team surges another falls...

bengals will roll thru the NFCE
the broncos dont have a QB
chargers have rivers and a WR but no OL

Ravens havent really added much to make the resurge to the top
Reply/Quote
For sure the sky is falling. Just look up and you won't see anything holding it up..
The Ravens ain't going anywhere except for a better draft slot next year. Jones and Sanu are definitely replacable and that's the only part of the team to take much of a hit.. Baring injuries we should romp over most everyone despite the pundits. If you listen to the pundits the only reason we ever win any games is because the other teams just give us the wins..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:25 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Ravens offense will be one of the best in the AFC, my prediction.

Aiken
Smith
Perriman
Wallace?
Watson
Gilmore
Williams
Forsett
Allen

Look at their free agent acquisitions.  They have pretty much said they aren't going to be able to stop anyone and are resigned to throw it 50 times a game.  Their defense doesn't scare me a bit outside of a few players.

But they lost their best O-lineman, Osemele, who they thought was their answer at LT.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:25 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Ravens offense will be one of the best in the AFC, my prediction.

Aiken
Smith
Perriman
Wallace?
Watson
Gilmore
Williams
Forsett
Allen

Look at their free agent acquisitions.  They have pretty much said they aren't going to be able to stop anyone and are resigned to throw it 50 times a game.  Their defense doesn't scare me a bit outside of a few players.

They've already been throwing it a ton. Flacco's 3 highest attempts/game have come in the last 3 seasons. During that span, he's averaged 37.6 attempts per game (602 attempts per season), with an 82.0 rating. The Ravens have been 21-21 in those starts.

I'm not overly impressed by their weapons honestly. Aiken is a decent 3rd WR. Perriman can't get on the field. SS is ancient and coming off injury. Wallace could be a good fit, but he hasn't touched 1000 yards since 2011. Watson is 36. Gilmore hasn't exactly been impressive. They're in better shape than last year, but will they light teams up? Meh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm really hoping that since just about everyone, including the broadcasters on NFL radio, have commented on how badly the refs were in the tank for Pittsburgh in that last playoff game, and that the Bengals should have won it ...

The Steelers owned us for most of that game. Then we get the upper hand and fumble the ball away. The refs didn't decide that game. We lost to them twice when the stakes were the highest. The coaches and the players need to find a way to bring their A-Game against the Steelers.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the broncos dont have a QB

I don't know if you noticed, but they don't need one.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:54 PM)Utts Wrote: I don't know if you noticed, but they don't need one.

Mark my words for this upcoming season.The dirtybirds and the stinkin stoolers will be a force to reckon with,do not kidd yourself.The dirtybirds were slammed with injuries last season and they will be a tough out.I say we split with them and the stoolers.This division is going to be very difficult to win AGAIN.Everyone will be looking to knock us off and I could easily see the stoolers winning this afcn AGAIN.As long as they have big ben,its going to be a dogfight.Believe this folks.I have watched this show for 47 years and I feel like I have a good insight on this division.Nothing will be easy this season,especially throwing in a new receiver or two.Our defense Must IMPROVE a ton up front and be able to hold teams to 15 to 20 points.If they cannot,we are going to be watching the playoffs at home.Our D has to carry us at times,lets say our D wins 4 games for us.Now we can say we got this.
Reply/Quote
Seriously though, Every divisional game will more than likely be closely contested. That's what makes the AFCN fun to watch.

Steelers will be competitive as usual
Ravens will turn it on when you least expect it
Browns will be .500+ in the near future

Reply/Quote

Aiken
Smith
Perriman
Wallace?
Watson
Gilmore
Williams
Forsett
Allen

If Flaccid throws it 50 times a game, they will be thoroughly screwed because you can be sure at least one or two of those 50 throws will be intercepted.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote