Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protecting Your QB (No, not another sack thread)
Something I meant to talk about yesterday but forgot to bring up. Burrow got hit while sliding TWICE and not a single Bengals player even got into the defender's face.

What does it say about the team's "culture" when the QB gets hit while sliding twice in the same half and not a single damn guy does anything about it? Zero chance that Whit, AJ, or Gresham would have sat around and watched while Burrow gets hit sliding twice.

As if Burrow wasn't getting hit enough when illegal ones are added to the mix.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wasnt one of the hits him diving forward not sliding? the hit was just a little late.
Reply/Quote
That's a good point, but at the same time our offense was quite reliant upon Burrow taking cheap shots and getting 15 yards for it that it would have been unwise for our players to risk getting that penalty negated. It was very much of the "Wow, thanks...we needed that!" style, because we were relieved...couldn't get too mad, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wasnt one of the hits him diving forward not sliding?  the hit was just a little late.

Yeah, I thought one of them was a bad call myself.....the play you're referring to.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's a good point, but at the same time our offense was quite reliant upon Burrow taking cheap shots and getting 15 yards for it that it would have been unwise for our players to risk getting that penalty negated.  It was very much of the "Wow, thanks...we needed that!" style, because we were relieved...couldn't get too mad, right?

It's how we move the ball in 2022.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wasnt one of the hits him diving forward not sliding?  the hit was just a little late.

Yea, that one was weird as he loses protection when he chooses to go forward vs a slide. HB's take that same shot all the time with no call so I really thought that was a bad call against the Cowboys. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, that one was weird as he loses protection when he chooses to go forward vs a slide. HB's take that same shot all the time with no call so I really thought that was a bad call against the Cowboys. 

Glad it wasnt me....

But to the OP if the OL doesnt want their QB getting hit they should maybe try and block (getting ejected wouldnt help)
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Glad it wasnt me....

But to the OP if the OL doesnt want their QB getting hit they should maybe try and block (getting ejected wouldnt help)

We got scammed in Dallas,Zac loses his head set right when they are moving the ball to score,He could not talk to Burrow,and then the punt that hit the score board,the refs were for Dallas all game,Go figure,what a scam,Refs all over the country do not like us and every game it shows.I wish the coach would go off on the refs and get kicked out of a game,Maybe it will wake up this horrible performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:43 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: We got scammed in Dallas,Zac loses his head set right when they are moving the ball to score,He could not talk to Burrow,and then the punt that hit the score board,the refs were for Dallas all game,Go figure,what a scam,Refs all over the country do not like us and every game it shows.I wish the coach would go off on the refs and get kicked out of a game,Maybe it will wake up this horrible performance.

What was wrong with Zacs headset in the first 1/2 of the game?

We might have been better off not letting him talk to burrow
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Something I meant to talk about yesterday but forgot to bring up. Burrow got hit while sliding TWICE and not a single Bengals player even got into the defender's face.

What does it say about the team's "culture" when the QB gets hit while sliding twice in the same half and not a single damn guy does anything about it? Zero chance that Whit, AJ, or Gresham would have sat around and watched while Burrow gets hit sliding twice.

As if Burrow wasn't getting hit enough when illegal ones are added to the mix.

While the hits were against the rules and were good calls by the refs, they weren't exactly "big" hits either. Now, had Burrow got lit, I'm sure more than a few Bengals players would've taken umbrage and tut tut'd their displeasure to the offending player while within mere inches away from his visage.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, these guys look like they're just going through the motions.
Reply/Quote