Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the negativity???
I see people hating the Austin hire, but I’ve seen Lions fans saying how he’s great at coaching up DB’s, I’ve also read from Lions fans his scheme relies on pressure upfront and that he made Slay a beast, I’ve also read from Lions fans on Reddit that he will make our DB’s better. So can we stop with the negativity?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: I see people hating the Austin hire, but I’ve seen Lions fans saying how he’s great at coaching up DB’s, I’ve also read from Lions fans his scheme relies on pressure upfront and that he made Slay a beast, I’ve also read from Lions fans on Reddit that he will make our DB’s better. So can we stop with the negativity?

Starts at the top.. Mike Brown .. Marvin Lewis.. Same old same old mentality. Not falling for the crap.  Proof is in the pudding. Not Drinking the Kool-Aid
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:04 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Starts at the top.. Mike Brown .. Marvin Lewis.. Same old same old mentality. Not falling for the crap.  Proof is in the pudding. Not Drinking the Kool-Aid

Go root for someone else then and don’t come back when we start winning
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: I see people hating the Austin hire, but I’ve seen Lions fans saying how he’s great at coaching up DB’s, I’ve also read from Lions fans his scheme relies on pressure upfront and that he made Slay a beast, I’ve also read from Lions fans on Reddit that he will make our DB’s better. So can we stop with the negativity?

Eh, everyone's entitled to their own opinions and reactions. 

Personally, I'm OK with Austin. Not exactly stoked about it, but not disappointed either. Just hoping he does a good job.

(01-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Go root for someone else then and don’t come back when we start winning

Ummm...

(12-28-2017, 10:31 AM)Trademark Wrote: If he does return this makes my decision to stop supporting this franchise a lot easier, then again a new coach won’t change much anyways with the garbage owner that “us” fans are stuck with until he dies or retires.

Mellow
Reply/Quote

Coming from King Negative himself...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I understand why people are mad about everything but me personally don't mind Marvin being back as long as certain changed are made. PA going was one. Check. Hiring a good DC and OC. Check. Austins scheme fits our players much better than Guenther. I think you guys will ve surprised. And last but not least is addressing our OL. If this last issue gets resolved I will actually be somewhat satisfied with out offseason. Granted any optimism will be tempered until week 1 if next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Go root for someone else then and don’t come back when we start winning

I've sat here for a while, erasing all the things i would normally reply and keep coming back to the thought that it's simply astounding that you would have the balls to say something like that. You are, literally, the biggest flip flopper on the boards. Maybe the entire interwebz.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I root for the players, fans and the City.  Well minus one fan now.

Reply/Quote
More than willing to give him a shot. This team needed change.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:54 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: More than willing to give him a shot. This team needed change.

Teryl Austin did a lot with a defense devoid of talent in Detroit. He’ll have lots of talent in Cincinnati to work with — and he always has great secondary schemes.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eh, everyone's entitled to their own opinions and reactions. 

Personally, I'm OK with Austin. Not exactly stoked about it, but not disappointed either. Just hoping he does a good job.

Ummm...

Mellow

[Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's likely just cynicism. If you assume Lewis is wrong for the job (which, for the record, I was on that boat), it's not a far leap to assume that everyone he hires is wrong for the job as well.

This can easily be extended up to Mike Brown as well.

I think the hire is a good one. I like disciplinarians more than players' coaches.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are entertaining so I follow them. Even when they lose they do a real muck up job of it and keep it entertaining. Sometimes when they lose it's more entertaining than when they win so yeah..I'm ok with the hire and I'm still going to give the new regime more time beyond the first few games to gel. Most new coaches take a little while to get everyone on the same page so if they really muck things up the first few games that's ok as long as it doesn't continue for a few years..
I really don't expect a super bowl right off the bat ,but if it happens then great, but if not I'm not out anything. The Brown family won't send a bunch of goons to my house if they have a lousy season..at least I hope they don't. If they do then oh well..I have plenty of booze on hand to give em to go away happy..
I like to season my fandom with some negativity peppered with optimism and a dash of homerism.. I have until September to really start grumbling and preseason doesn't really count unless you're one of the people who sees super star written all over every undrafted rookie that Hobson makes out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread..
Never underestimate the power of the history of sliced bread..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm giving him a shot, but I also understand the negativity. History tends to repeat itself with this organization. And most of the "negativity" that I've read is supported by statistical facts on Austin. It's not like people are just saying "I don't like him, Del Rio has a cooler name hmph!".

As I've said two other times. We'll see what happens. Different team, different defense, different HC, different division, different conference, different owner (yikes) and a whole new identity can bring out a brand new (and sometimes better) coach.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Well, Marv is 1 for 1 on hiring defensive coordinators from outside the org so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:48 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I understand why people are mad about everything but me personally don't mind Marvin being back as long as certain changed are made. PA going was one. Check. Hiring a good DC and OC. Check. Austins scheme fits our players much better than Guenther. I think you guys will ve surprised. And last but not least is addressing our OL. If this last issue gets resolved I will actually be somewhat satisfied with out offseason. Granted any optimism will be tempered until week 1 if next season.

Honestly I was satisfied when Alexander was let go.  That is a major change because he was a Mike Brown favorite.  I think Marvin made that a part of his deal.  He gets to choose the staff.
Reply/Quote
I completely understand the negativity. I’m guilty of it from time to time. But I’m going to reserve judgement on the hire until I see some results. I also am the fan that thinks things will finally go the teams way this year. Never works out that way but it keeps things interesting.
Reply/Quote

The same could be said to you.  I'm pretty sure you were ready to quit the board when we drafted Mixon.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: aid1724079-v4-728px-Support-a-Child-with...tep-15.jpg]

Reply/Quote

BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO GET HIM....The man has coached 3 different teams to Super Bowls....He has coached under Joe Paterno, Lloyd Carr, Mike Holmgren, Ken Whisenhunt, Urban Meyer, John Harbaugh, Jim Caldwell....Jon Gruden was trying to get him when he signed with Bengals....Like Hall Of Fame LeBeau he has coached defensive backs and he has been a Defensive Coordinator under Urban Meyer and Jim Caldwell.  His Lions Defense was one of the better defenses in NFL in 2017. .....Like Zimmer who coached under Parcells and brought that to Bengals, Austin brings coaching under some of best coaches ever to Bengals. ......If people are popping off, did they even look at this Austin ?  Odds are the people mouthing off don't know what the heck they are talking about.......I see a defensive coach who has worked with the best coaches ever, has won in college and gone to 3 Super Bowls, winning one.....BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO BE GETTING AUSTIN.   Pay no attention to people that complain about everything.  BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO BE GETTING AUSTIN.  If he was good enough for Paterno, Holmgren, Meyer, Harbaugh and 3 Super Bowls, he is more than good enough for Bengals. .....I also like Lasor and I think we will be as solid in coaching as with Zimmer and Gruden. Now to get some blockers in here and protect Dalton so he can return to 2015 form when he was in running for NFL MVP at 8-0 start. I like the coaching moves so far. Very Positive.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote