Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the negativity???
(01-09-2018, 08:57 AM)kevin Wrote: BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO GET HIM....The man has coached 3 different teams to Super Bowls....He has coached under Joe Paterno, Lloyd Carr, Mike Holmgren, Ken Whisenhunt, Urban Meyer, John Harbaugh, Jim Caldwell....Jon Gruden was trying to get him when he signed with Bengals....Like Hall Of Fame LeBeau he has coached defensive backs and he has been a Defensive Coordinator under Urban Meyer and Jim Caldwell.  His Lions Defense was one of the better defenses in NFL in 2017. .....Like Zimmer who coached under Parcells and brought that to Bengals, Austin brings coaching under some of best coaches ever to Bengals. ......If people are popping off, did they even look at this Austin ?  Odds are the people mouthing off don't know what the heck they are talking about.......I see a defensive coach who has worked with the best coaches ever, has won in college and gone to 3 Super Bowls, winning one.....BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO BE GETTING AUSTIN.   Pay no attention to people that complain about everything.  BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO BE GETTING AUSTIN.  If he was good enough for Paterno, Holmgren, Meyer, Harbaugh and 3 Super Bowls, he is more than good enough for Bengals. .....I also like Lasor and I think we will be as solid in coaching as with Zimmer and Gruden.  Now to get some blockers in here and protect Dalton so he can return to 2015 form when he was in running for NFL MVP at 8-0 start.    I like the coaching moves so far.  Very Positive.

People complain on this board? Hmm. Never noticed.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 08:57 AM)kevin Wrote: BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO GET HIM....The man has coached 3 different teams to Super Bowls....He has coached under Joe Paterno, Lloyd Carr, Mike Holmgren, Ken Whisenhunt, Urban Meyer, John Harbaugh, Jim Caldwell....Jon Gruden was trying to get him when he signed with Bengals....Like Hall Of Fame LeBeau he has coached defensive backs and he has been a Defensive Coordinator under Urban Meyer and Jim Caldwell.  His Lions Defense was one of the better defenses in NFL in 2017. .....Like Zimmer who coached under Parcells and brought that to Bengals, Austin brings coaching under some of best coaches ever to Bengals. ......If people are popping off, did they even look at this Austin ?  Odds are the people mouthing off don't know what the heck they are talking about.......I see a defensive coach who has worked with the best coaches ever, has won in college and gone to 3 Super Bowls, winning one.....BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO BE GETTING AUSTIN.   Pay no attention to people that complain about everything.  BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO BE GETTING AUSTIN.  If he was good enough for Paterno, Holmgren, Meyer, Harbaugh and 3 Super Bowls, he is more than good enough for Bengals. .....I also like Lasor and I think we will be as solid in coaching as with Zimmer and Gruden.  Now to get some blockers in here and protect Dalton so he can return to 2015 form when he was in running for NFL MVP at 8-0 start.    I like the coaching moves so far.  Very Positive.

Wait......I thought we weren't winning as long as Mike Brown was still in charge, and we weren't hiring any more scouts, and canning Alexander wasn't addition by subtraction. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 08:57 AM)kevin Wrote: He has coached under Joe Paterno

I guess that ends "bring your kid to the locker room day"......
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess that ends "bring your kid to the locker room day"......

LMAO LMAO

[Image: tenor.gif]

All jokes aside, surely he wasn't there during the Sandusky ordeal, was he?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I personally really don't know anything about him, and I wasn't all that thrilled over Guenther, so let's give him a chance. After watching Kansas City choke the other night, I seen one reason to be excited about having Marvin back...it coulda been Andy Reed, though Whitlock made the comparison between them on "Speak For Yourself" today and said Marvin is a poor man's Andy Reid, and either one can get you a nice regular season record. Anyhow, let's see what happens because, well; we're stuck with them for now, may as well make the best of it and give them a chance. Then, if it doesn't work out, we can get the pitchforks and torches back out. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:04 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Starts at the top.. Mike Brown .. Marvin Lewis.. Same old same old mentality. Not falling for the crap.  Proof is in the pudding. Not Drinking the Kool-Aid

just the same old whiney bitchy fans....

Who must eat shit for breakfast by the way they like to bash everything the organization does... Hope it makes them feel better they must have really crappy lives that they depend on bashing the bengals for a small pickup each day.

I feel sorry for them
Reply/Quote
About 95% of board bashed Gruden and Zimmer too.

Zimmer was eventually accepted and loved but Gruden was bashed the entire time here.

Believe Austin is about as good as the Bengals could have gotten with our rich history and such.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
white knight, white knight. Give me the Kool-Aid.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: I see people hating the Austin hire, but I’ve seen Lions fans saying how he’s great at coaching up DB’s, I’ve also read from Lions fans his scheme relies on pressure upfront and that he made Slay a beast, I’ve also read from Lions fans on Reddit that he will make our DB’s better. So can we stop with the negativity?

BECAUSE MERV IS STILL THE HEAD COACH, GOD DAMMIT!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: just the same old whiney bitchy fans....

Who must eat shit for breakfast by the way they like to bash everything the organization does... Hope it makes them feel better they must have really crappy lives that they depend on bashing the bengals for a small pickup each day.

I feel sorry for them

[Image: adam-sandler-meme-3.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Go root for someone else then and don’t come back when we start winning

Speaking for me, bengals73 has a valid and strong point that I agree with, I just have a different attitude about it.  For me, as long as MB is at the helm it's root and hope for the best, but expect the worse.

I can't ignore 26 years of history and tradition.
Reply/Quote
It's funny, just a few short weeks ago, fans here were bailing on the Bengals like rats on a sinking ship. Count me as one of them. How many times did we hear "If Marvin is rehired, I'm done" or "As long as Mike Brown is running the team, it doesn't matter who coaches...." Now many of those same people have flip flopped and are singing the praises of Mike Brown's wisdom. Sorry, but DON'T count me as one of them.

My opinion was that this organization needed to completely clean house from the water boy to as far up the ladder as possible. New GM, new head coach, new culture, new attitude. What I wanted to see was a true commitment to winning. A complete 180. I'm still completely surprised of the amount of people here that think that after 15 years of doing things the exact same way, Marvin is all of a sudden going to reinvent himself into something he's never been.

Of course coaching changes were expected, MB has to provide hope somewhere, but so far I haven't seen a hire yet that REALLY says to me that winning is the only priority. They're upgrades for sure, but that's not saying much. Brown can afford to hire anyone he wants. There were and still are great position and coordinator candidates out there. Not even a sniff in Del Rio's direction? So far, I give us a C+.

Now I hear they're considering Jon Kitna for QB coach. I loved Kitna, in the day. Most fans did. But this strikes me as a very inexpensive way to bring some fans back on board through sentiment. He's been out of pro football for years and his coaching experience has only been at the high school level. High school. This, to me, would be as much a PR move as it is a "we're going to bring him in because we're confident he can take us to the next level" move.....and THAT'S what I'm looking for.

So I, and some others, are sticking with their original opinion that Marvin needed to go, and are skeptical moving forward. Call that negativity if you want, I consider it a healthy skepticism. At this point, I have no choice but to hope for the best. I will still be a fan, I will still buy my tickets and I will hope that we make progress. By this time next year we will know if we are indeed moving in the right direction or just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:38 PM)BMK Wrote: It's funny, just a few short weeks ago, fans here were bailing on the Bengals like rats on a sinking ship. Count me as one of them. How many times did we hear "If Marvin is rehired, I'm done" or "As long as Mike Brown is running the team, it doesn't matter who coaches...." Now many of those same people have flip flopped and are singing the praises of Mike Brown's wisdom. Sorry, but DON'T count me as one of them.

My opinion was that this organization needed to completely clean house from the water boy to as far up the ladder as possible. New GM, new head coach, new culture, new attitude. What I wanted to see was a true commitment to winning. A complete 180. I'm still completely  surprised of the amount of people here that think that after 15 years of doing things the exact same way, Marvin is all of a sudden going to reinvent himself into something he's never been.

Of course coaching changes were expected, MB has to provide hope somewhere, but so far I haven't seen a hire yet that REALLY says to me that winning is the only priority. They're upgrades for sure, but that's not saying much.  Brown can afford to hire anyone he wants. There were and still are great position and coordinator candidates out there. Not even a sniff in Del Rio's direction? So far, I give us a C+.

Now I hear they're considering Jon Kitna for QB coach.  I loved Kitna, in the day. Most fans did. But this strikes me as a very inexpensive way to bring some fans back on board through sentiment.  He's been out of pro football for years and his coaching experience has only been at the high school level. High school. This, to me, would be as much a PR move as it is a "we're going to bring him in because we're confident he can take us to the next level" move.....and THAT'S what I'm looking for.

So I, and some others, are sticking with their original opinion that Marvin needed to go, and are skeptical moving forward. Call that negativity if you want, I consider it a healthy skepticism. At this point, I have no choice but to hope for the best. I will still be a fan, I will still buy my tickets and I will hope that we make progress. By this time next year we will know if we are indeed moving in the right direction or just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic.

its not our faults you all are flip floppers...  Marvin still here yet you guys came back? why to whine? because whining does nothing.

A lot of post around here seem to be BOOO HOOO the bengals didn't do exactly what I wanted them to do. its like the board is populated with 2 year olds some times
Reply/Quote

I feel sorry for them

Not really. My only complaints in life right now are that my favorite teams, or the teams i choose to root for in other games suck ass and always choke in the end, like i'm some kind of curse or something. Most recently, the CFB championship last night. I went with Georgia and bet some chocolate malts against 3 people i work with. You saw what happened in the 2nd half. I'm going to the UK game tonight. First time in Rupp. We will see how that turns out. A couple decades of that will tend to wear on a person. 

Other than that, i'm set up rather well and am happy with where my life is right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I feel sorry for them

I'm not sure why being optimistic, pessimistic or indifferent about your football team would indicate anything about the rest of a person's life? 

Hell, I get pissed off watching the crap that the Walking Dead has put out for the last couple of seasons, but it doesn't mean I walk around cursing the world and angrily shaking my fist in the air all the time. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not sure why being optimistic, pessimistic or indifferent about your football team would indicate anything about the rest of a person's life? 

Hell, I get pissed off watching the crap that the Walking Dead has put out for the last couple of seasons, but it doesn't mean I walk around cursing the world and angrily shaking my fist in the all all the time. LOL

One word---perspective.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Everybody has to deal with the stress of being a Bengals fan in their own way.

Some overly negative, some overly positive, and some see both sides.

Do not hate any Bengals fans or going to tell them how to cope.

Know I am guilty of going to each extreme at times.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:38 PM)BMK Wrote: It's funny, just a few short weeks ago, fans here were bailing on the Bengals like rats on a sinking ship. Count me as one of them. How many times did we hear "If Marvin is rehired, I'm done" or "As long as Mike Brown is running the team, it doesn't matter who coaches...." Now many of those same people have flip flopped and are singing the praises of Mike Brown's wisdom. Sorry, but DON'T count me as one of them.

My opinion was that this organization needed to completely clean house from the water boy to as far up the ladder as possible. New GM, new head coach, new culture, new attitude. What I wanted to see was a true commitment to winning. A complete 180. I'm still completely  surprised of the amount of people here that think that after 15 years of doing things the exact same way, Marvin is all of a sudden going to reinvent himself into something he's never been.

Of course coaching changes were expected, MB has to provide hope somewhere, but so far I haven't seen a hire yet that REALLY says to me that winning is the only priority. They're upgrades for sure, but that's not saying much.  Brown can afford to hire anyone he wants. There were and still are great position and coordinator candidates out there. Not even a sniff in Del Rio's direction? So far, I give us a C+.

Now I hear they're considering Jon Kitna for QB coach.  I loved Kitna, in the day. Most fans did. But this strikes me as a very inexpensive way to bring some fans back on board through sentiment.  He's been out of pro football for years and his coaching experience has only been at the high school level. High school. This, to me, would be as much a PR move as it is a "we're going to bring him in because we're confident he can take us to the next level" move.....and THAT'S what I'm looking for.

Would be ecstatic with "a GM"

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not sure why being optimistic, pessimistic or indifferent about your football team would indicate anything about the rest of a person's life? 

Hell, I get pissed off watching the crap that the Walking Dead has put out for the last couple of seasons, but it doesn't mean I walk around cursing the world and angrily shaking my fist in the all all the time. LOL

[Image: nnwVNui.png?fb]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. My only complaints in life right now are that my favorite teams, or the teams i choose to root for in other games suck ass and always choke in the end, like i'm some kind of curse or something. Most recently, the CFB championship last night. I went with Georgia and bet some chocolate malts against 3 people i work with. You saw what happened in the 2nd half. I'm going to the UK game tonight. First time in Rupp. We will see how that turns out. A couple decades of that will tend to wear on a person. 

Other than that, i'm set up rather well and am happy with where my life is right now. 

I like the way you bet, nothing better than a chocolate malt!!
Reply/Quote