Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why wasn't Shuster ejected for the killdrop hit on Burfict and immediate taunt?
I wonder if everyone (Goodell, other fans, newscasters, etc) will be looking back at Smith-Shuster's hit on Burfict and wondering why he wasn't ejected.

Is it in the rules to be able to eject a player nowadays, or were the refs seriously sticking towards their "its his first offense of the game" garbage (like they said). You can't have 2 of those "types" of offenses. You're allowed to almost kill someone, twice in the same game? You should be ejecting them immediately.

When Burfict broke Bell's leg, I think he had a minor moment of celebration OR shock and was yelling for someone to come help that kid. Shuster was all full on taunt. I would have outright banned that guy the rest of the year (no, that's reserved for marijuana).

That was one of the worst hits I've ever seen! I don't watch NFL for this kind of shit anymore, it's not the 90s and early 2000s.

We will all be praying for Shazier. He's lead with his head for his whole career, so Shuster's intentional kill drop will not be focused on much.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder if everyone (Goodell, other fans, newscasters, etc) will be looking back at Smith-Shuster's hit on Burfict and wondering why he wasn't ejected.

Is it in the rules to eject a player, or were the refs seriously sticking towards their "its his first offense" garbage (like they said). You can't have 2 of those "types" of offenses.

When Burfict broke Bell's leg, I think he had a minor moment of celebration OR shock and was yelling for someone to come help that kid. Shuster was all full on taunt. I would have outright banned that guy the rest of the year.

That's the first thing that went through my head as well.  I thought both should have been enforced.

I would bet that they will look at changing that rule next year.
Reply/Quote
It's cause it was on Burfict. Most non Bengals fans believe he deserved it.

Crazy how much people love the idea of players getting these injuries.
Reply/Quote
Isnt it personnel foul and taunting that are the two that count towards ejection?

When they announced both against him and the said it was his first.......
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Isnt it personnel foul and taunting that are the two that count towards ejection?

and one was during the play and one was after the play.  should have penalized both for 30 yards.  game changing..
Reply/Quote
I think they need to figure out a way to make subjective calls more objective. Like a 15 yard penalty doesn't seem to suffice when you knock a player out of the game in the manner that occurred. Eject, suspend 3 games, 50 yard penalty. PI calls can be over 50 yards, so it's not a precedence in yardage.

Oh shit look, Steelers coach is telling them not to do that anymore.

Or hey, we're playing hockey now bitches. Penalty box. Oh you only have 10 players on the field? Too bad.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Of course Joey porter was probably giving the players high fives and reach arounds if they hurt any bungle players
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder if everyone (Goodell, other fans, newscasters, etc) will be looking back at Smith-Shuster's hit on Burfict and wondering why he wasn't ejected.

Is it in the rules to be able to eject a player nowadays, or were the refs seriously sticking towards their "its his first offense of the game" garbage (like they said). You can't have 2 of those "types" of offenses. You're allowed to almost kill someone, twice in the same game? You should be ejecting them immediately.

When Burfict broke Bell's leg, I think he had a minor moment of celebration OR shock and was yelling for someone to come help that kid. Shuster was all full on taunt. I would have outright banned that guy the rest of the year (no, that's reserved for marijuana).

That was one of the worst hits I've ever seen! I don't watch NFL for this kind of shit anymore, it's not the 90s and early 2000s.

We will all be praying for Shazier. He's lead with his head for his whole career, so Shuster's intentional kill drop will not be focused on much.

Meanwhile Goodell will collect his paycheck for the sympathy shazier jersy sales..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:15 AM)thillan Wrote: It's cause it was on Burfict. Most non Bengals fans believe he deserved it.

Crazy how much people love the idea of players getting these injuries.

Yep. 

The same people btw who act like they have the moral high ground anytime Burfict does even minor things, calling for him to be banned and how its sick for players trying to injure other players.

Now reverse the roles and......

The same people believe he deserved it and were literally making jokes about his brain being jelly.
Reply/Quote
Officials made a huge error as well on the 2 calls. one was a live ball foul and one was a dead ball foul. Both penalties should have been enforced. Same deal as the 2015 playoff game. Steelers ended up getting 30 yards in penalties for the Burfict hit on Brown and then an additional 15 yards for the dead ball after the play. Should be been 2nd and 31 and not 2nd and 16.
Reply/Quote
Did the refs say it was a dead ball foul? It may have not been.
Reply/Quote
It should have been. Regardless of the impact it made in the stature of the game.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I was pretty pissed off that that piece of shit Tomlin kept him in the game the very next play.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:02 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I was pretty pissed off that that piece of shit Tomlin kept him in the game the very next play.

I think Marvin was too, based on the look he gave him when they met at midfield. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Three things
1.) He should have been ejected
2.) An ilegal hit by an offensive player should be a lost of down penalty as well.
3.) Both penalties should be allowed to be accepted. Which would have made it a 30 yard penalty.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:28 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Of course Joey porter was probably giving the players high fives and reach arounds if they hurt any bungle players

Tomlin probably gave him the game ball too.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:43 AM)Utts Wrote: I think Marvin was too, based on the look he gave him when they met at midfield. 
Marvin is weak and soft and so is his players except a few, Thomlin and Pitt planned that hit on Burfict, that's why Schuster was so emotional about it, he had time to think about that play all week. Soft a** bengals didn't defend Burfict at all, Once again Thomlin and Pitt punks out Bengals and Marvin, Aj was so shook and scared he forgot how to catch, Dalton was so scared he dared not run for 2 yards with the game on the line Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja  Its the truth..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Isnt it personnel foul and taunting that are the two that count towards ejection?

Said the dame thing at stadium. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm just at the point where I'm wondering when the **** someone on this teams nuts up, says eff the consequences, and just starts teeing off on people because of this shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:45 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm just at the point where I'm wondering when the **** someone on this teams nuts up, says eff the consequences, and just starts teeing off on people because of this shit.

I hope you're not expecting that from Marv or the office.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote