Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why wasn't Shuster ejected for the killdrop hit on Burfict and immediate taunt?
because he deserved it?
Reply/Quote
Marvin would have gained a million Bengals fans if he cold cocked Tomlin after the game. Violence begets violence, not a good idea of course.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I feel like Vontaze Burfict is our Batman. The only player who can scare the Steelers.

Except now, the Steelers own us SO much, they got their Bane in the form of JuJu. Now we have no hope anymore.

It sucks even more that it was the rookie who did it to him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:45 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm just at the point where I'm wondering when the **** someone on this teams nuts up, says eff the consequences, and just starts teeing off on people because of this shit.

55 has.....and they're effectively trying to run him out of the league.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said this last night, but the NFL needs to start looking at soccer rules regarding red cards to implement in the game.

For any flagrant hit to the head like Burfict on Brown in that playoff game, Juju on Burfict, and Illoka on Brown, it should be an immediate ejection with a mandatory minimum 1 game suspension the following game, even if it is the next season.

The same should go for any other flagrant illegal hit as well, like Gronkowski's yesterday. And those ejections can be from reviews from the booth as well.

If the NFL is actually serious about player safety, they need to make the consequences of these kind of hits more severe for during the game and after.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: 55 has.....and they're effectively trying to run him out of the league.....

55 being the one to do it is pointless when he's strapped to a board on a meat wagon.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: 55 being the one to do it is pointless when he's strapped to a board on a meat wagon.

True that.....I guess we could put Iloka in this category now as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:58 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Did the refs say it was a dead ball foul? It may have not been.

They did NOT say it was and, honestly, I don't think it was. The taunting happened immediately after the hit and I believe technically the play was still happening at the time they threw the flag.

A simple fix would be to make a taunting penalty an automatic and separate penalty that adds yards and does NOT replay the down.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder if everyone (Goodell, other fans, newscasters, etc) will be looking back at Smith-Shuster's hit on Burfict and wondering why he wasn't ejected.

Is it in the rules to be able to eject a player nowadays, or were the refs seriously sticking towards their "its his first offense of the game" garbage (like they said). You can't have 2 of those "types" of offenses. You're allowed to almost kill someone, twice in the same game? You should be ejecting them immediately.

When Burfict broke Bell's leg, I think he had a minor moment of celebration OR shock and was yelling for someone to come help that kid. Shuster was all full on taunt. I would have outright banned that guy the rest of the year (no, that's reserved for marijuana).

That was one of the worst hits I've ever seen! I don't watch NFL for this kind of shit anymore, it's not the 90s and early 2000s.

We will all be praying for Shazier. He's lead with his head for his whole career, so Shuster's intentional kill drop will not be focused on much.

Yeah, Schuster should of been penalized, once for the hit and then the taunt should of got him ejected.

Then he should be fined and suspended for multiple games, not just one.

The NFL showed their favoritism for a Steeler player once again here. Complete BS, dirty as can be.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If the NFL is actually serious about player safety, they need to make the consequences of these kind of hits more severe for during the game and after.

[Image: wSs9o7p.jpg?1]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote