Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And The Bipolar 2021 Season Has **Officially** Begun
Last week was the high, and this week is the low. It's that time boys and girls. All that arguing this offseason about how the Bengals did enough to address the OL or didn't do enough is over among other issues this team needed correcting.

Now comes the excuses, the anger, the joy and hope all over again for another fun filled Bengals season.

For the life of me I don't understand why Groundhog's Day comes year in and out with the same conversations(to put politely) over and over.

It's a Bipolar team that created bipolar fans. We are only in week 2 and guess what? We still have weeks left where we will be a playoff team this year and a week later wondering why we aren't sending out scouts yet for next years top 5 draft pick.

If anyone ever said being a Bengals fan is easy, clearly has never been a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
Thanks Doctor
40 years late on that diagnisis
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:08 PM)Spider Wrote: Thanks Doctor
40 years late on that diagnisis

Then take your meds...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Then take your meds...

I agree entirely on your original post...
I May need to seek a B.A. session or two if offered..
And or see a priest
Reply/Quote
Last week we played an NFC North team and we didn't have our best game and the team having its home opener won a close game.  
This week we played an NFC North team and we didn't have our best game and the team having its home opener won a close game.

What a 180! Ninja

[Image: machoman-180degrees.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You know what is the constant steady? ZT’s shitty playcalling. The man does not know how to call a game, plain and simple. I’m tired of seeing the same simple stretch zone run to Mixon for 2-3 yards and the easy to cover short-mid patterns by the WRs. Please Zac at any point feel free to use misdirection in either element of pass or run, maybe call a screen every now and then to keep opposing D lines from shooting right up Burrow’s face, and maybe, just maybe call more deep routes to to Chase. After all we did draft Chase to extend the field. Would be great to see him used outside of OBVIOUS deep ball situations.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:59 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: You know what is the constant steady? ZT’s shitty playcalling. The man does not know how to call a game, plain and simple. I’m tired of seeing the same simple stretch zone run to Mixon for 2-3 yards and the easy to cover short-mid patterns by the WRs. Please Zac at any point feel free to use misdirection in either element of pass or run, maybe call a screen every now and then to keep opposing D lines from shooting right up Burrow’s face, and maybe, just maybe call more deep routes to to Chase. After all we did draft Chase to extend the field. Would be great to see him used outside of OBVIOUS deep ball situations.

We have a winner. It ain't easy getting to 7-26-1
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have a winner. It ain't easy getting to 7-26-1

you forgot.... and counting!
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor has an ego that is 100% not earned.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Zac Taylor has an ego that is 100% not earned.

There's a lot to dislike about Zac's coaching results to date, but I don't think over ego is one of them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Zac Taylor has an ego that is 100% not earned.

And a contract.  And the title of HC.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a lot to dislike about Zac's coaching results to date, but I don't think over ego is one of them.

I disagree. What other reason besides ego is preventing him from turning the play calling over to his OC? In a shared role at the very least.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a lot to dislike about Zac's coaching results to date, but I don't think over ego is one of them.

Then let his OC call plays.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I disagree. What other reason besides ego is preventing him from turning the play calling over to his OC? In a shared role at the very least.

(09-19-2021, 10:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Then let his OC call plays.  

Lots of HC that have an offensive background call plays. I wonder of any of us would want to call our own plays as HC. It is also known that Zac has said he has given Burrow the authority to change any play he sends in. Now a GM can tell Zac, you no longer call the plays, but just because he does doesn't mean it's because of ego.

Who remembers to 2020 NFL draft when Kingsberry had his feet propped up inside a poolside mansion and Zac was at a kids besk in the corner of his basement?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of HC that have an offensive background call plays. I wonder of any of us would want to call our own plays as HC. It is also known that Zac has said he has given Burrow the authority to change any play he sends in. Now a GM can tell Zac, you no longer call the plays, but just because he does doesn't mean it's because of ego.

Who remembers to 2020 NFL draft when Kingsberry had his feet propped up inside a poolside mansion and Zac was at a kids besk in the corner of his basement?

What in the world is that supposed to prove? Does Belichick not have an ego because he was in his kitchen with his dog? Weird take.

Anyway, yes plenty of HC’s call their own plays. But none with a record as bad as Zac Taylor’s.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, yes plenty of HC’s call their own plays. But none with a record as bad as Zac Taylor’s.

Yes, its really hard to defend Zac with the record he has....his talk about puppy dogs and ice cream at the end of the day is just that....talk....
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What in the world is that supposed to prove? Does Belichick not have an ego because he was in his kitchen with his dog? Weird take.

Anyway, yes plenty of HC’s call their own plays. But none with a record as bad as Zac Taylor’s.

Just an observation that he seems quite humble. Really doesn't "prove" anything.

Belichek has an ego because he let the dog make the picks,

As I said: Lot's of reasons to dislike Zac's results, but ego is not among them. Many, many players say they like Zac's style because it's not "My way or the Hi-way". 

Reply/Quote