Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why won't "MSNBC" update thisr Trump Trade Tracker?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-promised-to-shrink-the-trade-deficit-instead-it-exploded/2019/03/05/35d3b1e0-3f8f-11e9-a0d3-1210e58a94cf_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0e9ed02e92f

The Commerce Department will almost certainly report Wednesday that — despite more than two years of President Trump’s “America First” policies — the United States last year posted the largest merchandise trade deficit in its 243-year history.

Trumps done far worse as it relates to trade than Obama.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-06-2019, 10:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-promised-to-shrink-the-trade-deficit-instead-it-exploded/2019/03/05/35d3b1e0-3f8f-11e9-a0d3-1210e58a94cf_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0e9ed02e92f

The Commerce Department will almost certainly report Wednesday that — despite more than two years of President Trump’s “America First” policies — the United States last year posted the largest merchandise trade deficit in its 243-year history.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c7fce1d4641546855a04454]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Couple of things. I think mimic threads are frowned upon. Is there a Fox Trump Trade Tracker, and if there is, why would they update it before the news is released? The other thread mentioned something that was a month behind, you're mad that it's the same day and hasn't changed yet?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-06-2019, 12:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Couple of things.  I think mimic threads are frowned upon.  Is there a Fox Trump Trade Tracker, and if there is, why would they update it before the news is released?  The other thread mentioned something that was a month behind, you're mad that it's the same day and hasn't changed yet?

Did you have anything to say about the record trade deficit? Or are you still believing in Trump's trade policy's? Or are we just going to try to ignore it to keep claiming #winning

(03-06-2019, 12:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did you have anything to say about the record trade deficit? Or are you still believing in Trump's trade policy's? Or are we just going to try to ignore it to keep claiming #winning

I was responding to your thread.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-06-2019, 12:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Couple of things.  I think mimic threads are frowned upon.  Is there a Fox Trump Trade Tracker, and if there is, why would they update it before the news is released?  The other thread mentioned something that was a month behind, you're mad that it's the same day and hasn't changed yet?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-promised-to-shrink-the-trade-deficit-instead-it-exploded/2019/03/05/35d3b1e0-3f8f-11e9-a0d3-1210e58a94cf_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0e9ed02e92f

(Forgive me if I missed the response).

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

The deficit Obama inherited in FY2010 (excluding the stimulus Bush signed but Obama got "credit" for because it was set to take affect under his fiscal year) was $1.294 trillion. It fell to $666 billion, roughly cut in half, by FY2017 when he left office.

It's now on track to top $1 trillion in Trump's first term.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-28/another-year-another-1-trillion-in-new-debt-for-u-s-to-raise

More figures no longer being tallied by Fox News.

I remember when they talked about the debt every day under Obama.

(03-06-2019, 12:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did you have anything to say about the record trade deficit? Or are you still believing in Trump's trade policy's? Or are we just going to try to ignore it to keep claiming #winning

Michael provided a much better response to your thread than the one just before; yet, you only call him out for not addressing the issue in the OP. Any reason why?

As to the trade deficit it has increased every year since 2012. Hopefully the result of the "trade war" will be to change that trend; but we've been told to brace for it getting worse before it gets better.

As to the OP: It's an obvious troll move and one that used to be frowned upon. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

So as I understand it we can only call out news agencies for bias when you agree with the narrative?

My apologies. But I won't be replacing the title with CNN so I can have the approval of those who don't want to acknowledge other biases outside of the ones they like to highlight.

(03-06-2019, 04:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: So as I understand it we can only call out news agencies for bias when you agree with the narrative?

My apologies. But I won't be replacing the title with CNN so I can have the approval of those who don't want to acknowledge other biases outside of the ones they like to highlight.

Just like the Fox Trump Trade Tracker
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Fine. I'll change to MSNBC so you guys can be happy and focus on the deficits that have exploded under Trump. You know. The deficits folks used to care about, before they focused on a thread title to avoid discussing.

Fair?

(03-06-2019, 04:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: So as I understand it we can only call out news agencies for bias when you agree with the narrative?

Yeah calling out Fox is a big no no here.

Ok ignore the entity that showed the debt tracker (clock or whatever it's called) every day for 8 years and has yet to post it in the last 2 years. My apologies for bringing that up.

Let's refocus and talk about the debt. Do Americans voters (electorate) just not care about that anymore? As with everything else they acted like they cared about (Benghazi (Niger), private emails/cell phone usage, Foundation scandals, corruption, Candidates taxes) is it dependent on the party?

This is what I fight against. The idea that only one party is held accountable or to certain standards. For too long Republicans have gotten away with far more than a Democrat ever would. Can we agree that this isn't right? Or has it happened for so long people are numb to it?

I went back and searched and read posters on this board (who are still around here mind you) slam Hillary for all the things I mentioned in the making of fox news thread (Trump getting debate questions, RNC stating they will only throw their support behind him) and they made her out to be the devil himself. But currently these same posters are silent and defensive of Trump doing the same. So how was one the devil and the other not? It is just outrageous to me. But it's politics. We shouldn't just accept it tho.

Obama was bankrupting America and turning it into Greece (stated by a poster still around that I won't mention the name of). Yet you see them defensive of Trump who as we are seeing has seen the debt jump again after years of it coming down under Obama. The hypocrisy of Trump supporters is why I say the things I say.