Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why won't Zac run on 3rd down!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
Did you watch the Super Bowl?

That's why.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 12:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Did you watch the Super Bowl?

That's why.

different O-line
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Def a few times where I've felt the decisions on offense were a little too madden-esque (video game, not vintage lol).
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:29 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Because he doesn't like you and he wants to make you mad. 

Next question?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 12:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Did you watch the Super Bowl?

That's why.

I watched it but that was last season.
Reply/Quote
Because he’s an NFL head coach in the year 2022.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because he doesn't like you and he wants to make you mad. 

Next question?

Tiger

Well aside from that. This team still can't run the football going into cold weather months.( & Yes that worries me quite a bit)  Now maybe I'm a little old school but I'd think that your running back should be able to get two yards on 3rd & short or at least an opportunity. So lets now talk about this new Zac & Shoot offense. Its absolutely phenomenal if you have a running game because the cornerbacks can't sit on slants and brings the back half in ( Safeties) Now the question is if Zac ,Call & Burrow master it going into week nine with wins and possibly without a reliable running game into mid November... I don't know how it evolves going into the coming weeks but it allows Joe to cook the meal. They went to a form of this last season late but we had  ...

Reply/Quote
It could be a number of things. Maybe its the defensive alignment, Burrow changing the play because he doesn't like the look. We were 60% last Sunday, 6-10 on 3rd down. Not too bad. We are running the ball better.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:49 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Because he’s an NFL head coach in the year 2022.

Tiger

That may be very true sir but the one thing that I know.
You'd better have a running game when it gets cold. I'm talking playoff and SB months. I'll tell you one thing close to the vest and I absolutely hate saying it with a passion. I love the way the Cleveland Browns play and how he calls a game! I know people may laugh now but he has the cheat code. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It could be a number of things. Maybe its the defensive alignment, Burrow changing the play because he doesn't like the look. We were 60% last Sunday, 6-10 on 3rd down. Not too bad. We are running the ball better.

Tiger

My eyes tell me we aren't running well and if your telling me that Perine in July would be our best running back in October as the stats may say.... Then I'm asking you if you want another drink because your funny.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:35 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Well aside from that. This team still can't run the football going into cold weather months.( & Yes that worries me quite a bit)  Now maybe I'm a little old school but I'd think that your running back should be able to get two yards on 3rd & short or at least an opportunity. So lets now talk about this new Zac & Shoot offense. Its absolutely phenomenal if you have a running game because the cornerbacks can't sit on slants and brings the back half in ( Safeties) Now the question is if Zac ,Call & Burrow master it going into week nine with wins and possibly without a reliable running game into mid November... I don't know how it evolves going into the coming weeks but it allows Joe to cook the meal. They went to a form of this last season late but we had  ...

They've run the ball at a better YPC clip the last 2 weeks, after adjusting the blocking scheme. 

Burrow is getting better with the short stuff. 

I'd say right now, things are looking much more promising than they were a month ago...hell, even 2 games ago. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 02:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They've run the ball at a better YPC clip the last 2 weeks, after adjusting the blocking scheme. 

Burrow is getting better with the short stuff. 

I'd say right now, things are looking much more promising than they were a month ago...hell, even 2 games ago. 

Yey your up!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 02:19 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Yey your up!

So on to the next question.

Why did you create a whole new "Hog Maulin" thread when what you said could just as easily been in this thread?

Not as though that's something previously banned trolls do, along with things like putting emojis in the body of all their posts and creating multiple threads in the wrong forums, even after it's been pointed out several times. 

Not saying you're a previously banned troll. Just sayin. 

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:37 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

My eyes tell me we aren't running well and if your telling me that Perine in July would be our best running back in October as the stats may say.... Then I'm asking you if you want another drink because your funny.

Can't help you if you have bad eyesight, I'd seek an eye doctor. You do know that you can throw the football in bad weather, right? It's not like no team just runs the ball in the last 3 months of the year....
Reply/Quote
They have run a bit more RPO the last couple weeks which has taken away from the rush attempts expect that to change a little when teams get that on tape and start to see pass in those situations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It could be a number of things. Maybe its the defensive alignment, Burrow changing the play because he doesn't like the look. We were 60% last Sunday, 6-10 on 3rd down. Not too bad. We are running the ball better.

Absolutely correct. Only down I was upset we didn't run was the very first series with a 3rd and less than a yard as sometimes it's more important to try to establish something early in a game than it is to actually succeed on the play. And maybe JB saw a mismatch on that down in coverage and got the one-on-one matchup he wanted.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 02:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So on to the next question.

Why did you create a whole new "Hog Maulin" thread when what you said could just as easily been in this thread?

Not as though that's something previously banned trolls do, along with things like putting emojis in the body of all their posts and creating multiple threads in the wrong forums, even after it's been pointed out several times. 

It kinda has that "I'm not saying I used my 1st on Joe Mixon in fantasy, but I used my 1st on Joe Mixon in fantasy" vibe.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 02:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So on to the next question.

Tiger

I only talk football in the forum.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: It kinda has that "I'm not saying I used my 1st on Joe Mixon in fantasy, but I used my 1st on Joe Mixon in fantasy" vibe.

I've never played fantasy football a day in my life.
All I'm saying is that moving forward Joe Mixon should see 20+ carries if this organization/ coaching staff has any intentions on the playoffs and advancing. That is all. 
Reply/Quote