Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone would stand up?
When you see things like this, why wouldn't you stand up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ammHzx7824

Anyone care to be the defense lawyer and defend the comments made about white people and white men in this video?

Or is it racist to be opposed to them?

The title of the video is Exposed: Anti-white Professor inciting racial hatred and violence. It is on youtube If the link doesn't work for you. It works for me.

It is shocking and NSFW
It is all just rhetoric.

It is a free speech issue until it starts inciting actual violence. I am upset by all forms of violence and would be just as opposed to anti-white violence as I would KKK anti-black violence.

funny thing is that a lot of people who just chose one side are only opposed to hate speech and inciting violence when it is aimed at their side. They remain completely silent about their own people doing the exact same thing. You will notice that FoxNews never does any anti-KKK stories.

I hate the KKK but I am not going to say that freedom of speech does not apply to them.
(02-15-2016, 05:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is all just rhetoric.

It is a free speech issue until it starts inciting actual violence.  I am upset by all forms of violence and would be just as opposed to anti-white violence as I would KKK anti-black violence.

funny thing is that a lot of people who just chose one side are only opposed to hate speech and inciting violence when it is aimed at their side.  They remain completely silent about their own people doing the exact same thing.  You will notice that FoxNews never does any anti-KKK stories.

I hate the KKK but I am not going to say that freedom of speech does not apply to them.

It isn't just that though.  Saida Grundy is still employed, yet you know as well as I that if the races and genders were reversed she would be fired.

That is the thing I am standing up against.
(02-15-2016, 05:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is all just rhetoric.

It is a free speech issue until it starts inciting actual violence.  I am upset by all forms of violence and would be just as opposed to anti-white violence as I would KKK anti-black violence.

funny thing is that a lot of people who just chose one side are only opposed to hate speech and inciting violence when it is aimed at their side.  They remain completely silent about their own people doing the exact same thing.  You will notice that FoxNews never does any anti-KKK stories.

Really? How many more links do you need? How would you know anyway, do you watch FOX? You probably should to get deprogrammed.

If the people in the video SN posted were white, would you consider it simply rhetoric?
It's always just rhetoric or "no big deal" when transgressions come from the left to you double standard, double talking people.

I'd be hard pressed to give hate speech like that a pass even in the 1960's, but today in 2016 it is uncalled for... how about being "progressive" when it comes to black hate speech.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/16/ku-klux-klan-hands-out-candy-in-south-carolina-during-recruitment-drive.html

http://myfox8.com/2014/08/10/25-turn-out-in-welcome-to-protest-klans-message/

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/02/anonymous-starts-unmasking-alleged-kkk-members

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/02/12/illegal-immigration-fears-stimulate-ku-klux-klan-membership.html

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/19736745-story
(02-15-2016, 11:03 AM)Vlad Wrote: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/16/ku-klux-klan-hands-out-candy-in-south-carolina-during-recruitment-drive.html

OMG FoxNews really ripped into the Klan in this story.  I mean what can be worse than accusing a group of handing out candy.  Glad Fox News was able to work upo an appropriate level of outrage about this.............Oh wait.  TYhey didn't.......never mind.

In fact after looking at all of these links there is not one single one that contained any editorial comments about how the KKK is bad.

Where is the couch full of women in miniskirts complaining about how bad the KKK is?  Or is that just saved for criticizing people who are mean to white people?
(02-15-2016, 11:03 AM)Vlad Wrote: Really? How many more links do you need? How would you know anyway, do you watch FOX? You probably should to get deprogrammed.

If the people in the video SN posted were white, would you consider it simply rhetoric?
It's always just rhetoric or "no big deal" when transgressions come from the left to you double standard, double talking people.

I'd be hard pressed to give hate speech like that a pass even in the 1960's, but today in 2016 it is uncalled for... how about being "progressive" when it comes to black hate speech.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/16/ku-klux-klan-hands-out-candy-in-south-carolina-during-recruitment-drive.html

http://myfox8.com/2014/08/10/25-turn-out-in-welcome-to-protest-klans-message/

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/02/anonymous-starts-unmasking-alleged-kkk-members

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/02/12/illegal-immigration-fears-stimulate-ku-klux-klan-membership.html

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/19736745-story

Can't watch the link in the OP, so not wading too far into this thread, but your links aren't helping you out there.

One is a story about how they hand out candy, one is about a low number of anti-Klan protesters, another is about them having growing membership. The hacking link is all of three lines. The last one does support your claim, but the other four aren't anti-kkk stories.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-15-2016, 01:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Can't watch the link in the OP, so not wading too far into this thread, but your links aren't helping you out there.

One is a story about how they hand out candy, one is about a low number of anti-Klan protesters, another is about them having growing membership. The hacking link is all of three lines. The last one does support your claim, but the other four aren't anti-kkk stories.

Shame you can't watch the video, I will see if I can fix it on my end, or if anything else it is a youtube video, I will post the information for you to view if you wish to.

Basically it is multiple stories and cases of calls from groups of people to attack and kill whites just because we are white.

It even has Saida Grundy's comments about white men and how she still has a job at Boston College.

Bottom line, this is why I say I am pro-white.

I am against this type of behavior that doesn't get the same attention as other cases do in the MMSM.

I am also against calls to violence against nonwhites as well, but I think there are enough activist voicing their concerns.  
Every group of people has a radical minority like this. Fortunately, it seems like there was immediate backlash against the "exterminate white people" person by the organizer of the event. He even compared the man to "Hitler".

I tend to believe that most white people don't want to get rid of black people and most black people don't want to get rid of white people.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-15-2016, 01:30 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Shame you can't watch the video, I will see if I can fix it on my end, or if anything else it is a youtube video, I will post the information for you to view if you wish to.

Basically it is multiple stories and cases of calls from groups of people to attack and kill whites just because we are white.

It even has Saida Grundy's comments about white men and how she still has a job at Boston College.

Bottom line, this is why I say I am pro-white.

I am against this type of behavior that doesn't get the same attention as other cases do in the MMSM.

I am also against calls to violence against nonwhites as well, but I think there are enough activist voicing their concerns.  

Nay, your end is probably fine, my work machines can't run youtube.

As far as the rest, I'm against violence to anyone.
btw, was an antisemitic, pro Hitler youtube page the only place you could find a video to share?

(02-15-2016, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Every group of people has a radical minority like this. Fortunately, it seems like there was immediate backlash against the "exterminate white people" person by the organizer of the event. He even compared the man to "Hitler".

I tend to believe that most white people don't want to get rid of black people and most black people don't want to get rid of white people.

Really?  You think it gets the same attention?  Where is this White lives matter group?  People get mocked when the say All lives matter, let alone WLM.

Also, with the exception of maybe 2, these aren't low class whites like the KKK, these are College professors, calling for the genocide of white people.  As it says in the video, these comments are not in a vacuum.  A black person who has been told his entire life that they have been held down by white people and that they are a victims of all of the racism that whites perpetuate, if they are in these classes and hear these views expressed out loud, then that creates quite a problem.

Again, Grundy still has her job, shouldn't that be enough to stand up and say something?  Forget for a moment the idea that if a white male did what she did would be fired, and just focus on what she did, don't you think there should have been a protest at Boston College calling for her removal?  A hunger strike? 

No, there was only a twitter campaign by groups that have been labeled by the media as white supremacist groups.  How serious are those groups taken?

Compare that to Mizzou.  There where calls for the removal of 2 people.  Media coverage and the activist were sympathized with.  It was a 24 hour cycle for weeks. 

Grundy got a small segment on Fox news for a day, maybe 2.  
(02-15-2016, 01:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: btw, was an antisemitic, pro Hitler youtube page the only place you could find a video to share?

No, there are plenty of videos.

BTW.  This comment is what I am talking about.  Someone shows you something, then you just brush it off because, hey they are antisemitic and pro-Hitler, what do those views have to do with the information that was presented to you?

You aren't hearing someone just claim these people did this.  You are actually hearing the people say it.  Yet, you disregard because you view the page as antisemitic and pro Hitler.

BLM is anti-white, but you have no problem with listening to them.
(02-15-2016, 01:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Nay, your end is probably fine, my work machines can't run youtube.

As far as the rest, I'm against violence to anyone.

Gotcha. 

I agree about being against violence to anyone. 

However, BLM, Concerned Student 1950, NAACP, Black Panthers and multiple celebrities, even white ones, constantly speak out against violence toward blacks.

White people get... I am against violence to anyone. 

That is my point.
(02-15-2016, 02:18 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Gotcha. 

However, BLM, Concerned Student 1950, NAACP, Black Panthers and multiple celebrities, even white ones, constantly speak out against violence toward blacks.

That is my point.
Those mentioned see a perceived slight. Or worse. If you don't, don't support it.

I don't see a perceived slight against white guys, so I don't have a lot of interest in pro-white policies. 
(02-15-2016, 02:18 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Gotcha. 

That is my point.

So if a group started talking just about violence against white people would you critcize them the way you do the ones who just complain about violence against blacks.  if someone started a "White Lives Matter" movement would you start squealing at them that "ALL lives matter"?

So i don't really understand what you want.  it seems that you are complaining that white people don't have the same type of advocacy groups that you complain about blacks having.  How can the same thing be bad for blacks, but good for whites?
(02-15-2016, 02:10 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Really?  You think it gets the same attention? 

It? You quoted a lot there. Do I think the response to this man gets the same attention? If it doesn't then it's the media's fault for being one sided and only showing black people who speak out against white people.

Quote: Where is this White lives matter group? 

White people currently aren't experiencing the same issues as black people are with our criminal justice system. They're actually more likely to have an easier time, so that may be why there is no group. 

Quote: People get mocked when the say All lives matter, let alone WLM.

I think it's silly to mock these people as they don't understand what BLM means. They're absolutely correct in saying "all lives matter". The issue is that "black lives matters" means "black lives matter, too" not "only black lives matters". So when they respond that way, it suggests that they don't believe there's an issue. I good response to "all lives matters" from BLM would be "I agree, and in order for all lives to matter, we need to understand that black lives matter too". One of the issues with such a dysfunctional organization with no real leadership is there's no true solidarity in their message and no good PR. 

Quote:Also, with the exception of maybe 2, these aren't low class whites like the KKK, these are College professors, calling for the genocide of white people.  As it says in the video, these comments are not in a vacuum.  A black person who has been told his entire life that they have been held down by white people and that they are a victims of all of the racism that whites perpetuate, if they are in these classes and hear these views expressed out loud, then that creates quite a problem.

Ok? Not sure what this was in response to. This may be why people keep accusing you of strawmanning. You throw in these random arguments as if we were arguing the opposite. I will counter with "the KKK isn't just poor people" and I will agree that this kind of prejudice against any group, including white people, is dangerous when coming out of the mouths of individual who can wield a lot of influence (like professors). 

Quote:Again, Grundy still has her job, shouldn't that be enough to stand up and say something?  Forget for a moment the idea that if a white male did what she did would be fired, and just focus on what she did, don't you think there should have been a protest at Boston College calling for her removal?  A hunger strike?  

Continuing with what I was saying, this line of thought can be dangerous. Students should protest if they disagree. They should protest if they agree. Her comments weren't as inflammatory, but if I were a BU student, I would probably not feel welcomed in her class. I would most likely not take it. Then again, if I was a Sociology student, I would understand the fact that this isn't a new belief in the field. I'd applaud any student who took her class and challenged her, just as I would applaud any student who challenged any professor. 

One of the biggest problems on college campuses is that students want to be shielded from ideas that make them feel bad. Screw that. Face them head on.

Quote:No, there was only a twitter campaign by groups that have been labeled by the media as white supremacist groups.  How serious are those groups taken?

I read a few stories to familiarize myself and none of these news outlets (Major Boston papers) called them white supremacists.

Quote:Compare that to Mizzou.  There where calls for the removal of 2 people.  Media coverage and the activist were sympathized with.  It was a 24 hour cycle for weeks.  

I disagreed with those in Mizzou. The President was foolish for giving in to them. They were disorganized and unrealistic in their demands. They threatened free speech and free press on campus. I didn't find the media to be overly sympathetic though. 

(02-15-2016, 02:15 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No, there are plenty of videos.

BTW.  This comment is what I am talking about.  Someone shows you something, then you just brush it off because, hey they are antisemitic and pro-Hitler, what do those views have to do with the information that was presented to you?

You aren't hearing someone just claim these people did this.  You are actually hearing the people say it.  Yet, you disregard because you view the page as antisemitic and pro Hitler.
Dude, I just responded to the video. I added this to the end because it's hard to edit posts from my phone. Don't act like I dismissed the video when you literally read and responded to my response to the video.

Quote:BLM is anti-white, but you have no problem with listening to them.

This is what people are telling you, man. When have I "listened to them"? Hell, I have been critical of them here for fundamental flaws in their delivery of their message and their treatment of others. Get the **** out of here with this shit.

Hypothetical question:

If someone speaks out against violence towards children, do they support violence towards adults?

I feel like this is a thread is a mircroaggression towards brad
Sooooo the real question is:

Under over 10 pages before this thread gets inevitably locked?
(02-15-2016, 04:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hypothetical question:

If someone speaks out against violence towards children, do they support violence towards adults?

If they said the best way to end the violence toward children would be to kill all adults, then yes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]