Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone would stand up?
(02-24-2016, 07:46 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Cool, You found 1 post out of the countless that Fred has made that support you.

Man, You are amazing!

Solid post.

Way to admit that you were wrong. ThumbsUp

Maybe there is some hope for you after all.
(02-24-2016, 07:46 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Cool, You found 1 post out of the countless that Fred has made that support you.

Man, You are amazing!

Glad we agree it is true, but not just because I said so.  Building bridges. 

Look on the bright side, you proved you can comprehend what you read.  Once.
(02-24-2016, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Solid post.

Way to admit that you were wrong. ThumbsUp

Maybe there is some hope for you after all.

(02-24-2016, 08:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Glad we agree it is true, but not just because I said so.  Building bridges. 

Look on the bright side, you proved you can comprehend what you read.  Once.

Cheers  Again, Astounding!
(02-15-2016, 04:07 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sooooo the real question is:

Under over 10 pages before this thread gets inevitably locked?

We made it to 10!  Thread is surprisingly not locked.  Some have tried, though.

ThumbsUp
(02-24-2016, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on this logic ISIS is not really thst bad.  They don't behead or burn ALL of their prisoners.  They even let some of them go.  People who think ISIS kills all of their prisoners have just been brainwashed.

And white people were killing white people before ISIS came along, so you can't blame ISIS fro doing anything wrong.  White people have killed hundreds of thousands of times as many white people as ISIS.

Plus ISIS knows how to treat women properly.  Keep them in the home having babies instead of out taking jobs away from the harder working men.  They have not been brainwashed by the feminists.

Anyone who thinks ISIS is all bad has just been brainwashed.

And this is true because I taught it to myself instead of being brainwashed.

Horrible analogy, the worst one you have produced yet.

Unbelievable that as an adult you have to be explained the difference. You come up with these stupid knee jerk analogies because the overpowering white guilt in you cant stand hearing someone say that some slaves were treated well.
EEK! How dare anyone say some slaves were treated well.
(02-25-2016, 10:01 AM)Vlad Wrote:  You come up with these stupid knee jerk analogies because the overpowering white guilt in you cant stand hearing someone say  that some slaves were treated well.
EEK! How dare anyone say some slaves were treated well.

Treated well compared to other livestock.

Owning people and taking away their freedom is not "treating them well".  Who cares if they were not all whipped to death.  

You know what kind of people claim it is okay to own other people as long as you don't beat them?
(02-25-2016, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Treated well compared to other livestock.

Owning people and taking away their freedom is not "treating them well".  Who cares if they were not all whipped to death.  

You know what kind of people claim it is okay to own other people as long as you don't beat them?

To be fair, many of the original slaves freedom was already taken.
Many were conquered tribes who were sold by the victor,  rather than put to death.
(02-25-2016, 11:23 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: To be fair, many of the original slaves freedom was already taken.
Many were conquered tribes who were sold by the victor,  rather than put to death.

While true it makes it no better that people bought them and kept them as slaves here too.

Slavery is an ugly scar on the face of our history no matter what was also happening elsewhere or the few that were not treated as livestock.

That we had a large enough portion of this nation that thought it was acceptable to own another human being is not softened by the few that treated them "better" than the others.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-25-2016, 11:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: While true it makes it no better that people bought them and kept them as slaves here too.

Slavery is an ugly scar on the face of our history no matter what was also happening elsewhere or the few that were not treated as livestock.

That we had a large enough portion of this nation that thought it was acceptable to own another human being is not softened by the few that treated them "better" than the others.

I agree.
I'm not condoning it, but to think that every slave's life was worse from it would be inaccurate. 
I'm sure the largest portIon were, however. 
(02-25-2016, 11:23 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: To be fair, many of the original slaves freedom was already taken.

Why does this even matter?

It is in no way okay to buy a slave just because he was already a slave.
(02-24-2016, 06:44 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: so while slavery itself is bad, there was actually good to come out of it

What is your favorite thing about slavery?  Would it be fair to say your favorite thing about slavery is all the good to come out of it?
(02-25-2016, 11:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: While true it makes it no better that people bought them and kept them as slaves here too.

Why single out us? Slavery is an ugly scar on every nation that had slaves, even the African nations.

It's a no brainer recognizing how awful slavery was looking back, but during the 1700's the worldview was much different and you may not have looked at the same way as you do now from atop your perch of self righteous moral superiority.
(02-25-2016, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why does this even matter?

It is in no way okay to buy a slave just because he was already a slave.

As in my other post, I don't remotely condone it.
My thought was that the people purchasing the slaves were not necessarily the ones who had taken their freedom. 
If it were not for slave trade, many of those people would have been put to death. 
It's not something to support slavery.
It is just a fact concerning a terrible time in history. 
(02-25-2016, 12:42 PM)Vlad Wrote: Why single out us? Slavery is an ugly scar on every nation that had slaves, even the African nations.

Why excuse us just because other people were wrong also.

This is the exact same argument my nine year old likes to use when she does something wrong..."I wasn't the only one doing it!"

BTW I don't know a single person who believes that the United States was the only country that ever had slaves.  You must hang around with some very stupid people if you know anyone who believes this.
(02-25-2016, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why excuse us just because other people were wrong also.

This is the exact same argument my nine year old likes to use when she does something wrong..."I wasn't the only one doing it!"

BTW I don't know a single person who believes that the United States was the only country that ever had slaves.  You must hang around with some very stupid people if you know anyone who believes this.

Who the hell is excusing us? What didn't you understand about my second sentence?

You consistently throw in these baseless generalizations when my position was clear, so stop bitching about SN. I'm excusing no one.
(02-25-2016, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why does this even matter?

In other words why does the truth matter.

Its only your perception that matters.
So enough about slavery. Let's move on to all the good things that came out of the Holocaust, and all the good things about ISIS.

You know a lot of those people that were killed in gas chambers would have had mcu more painful deaths if they had lived longer. And some of the young girls might have been raped at some point in their lives.

Why does everyone just concentrate on the bad side of mass genocide and igniore the good?
What's the good that came out of Wounded Knee massacre and the Trail of Tears massacre?  White man rules!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(02-25-2016, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So enough about slavery.  Let's move on to all the good things that came out of the Holocaust, and all the good things about ISIS.

You know a lot of those people that were killed in gas chambers would have had mcu more painful deaths if they had lived longer.  And some of the young girls might have been raped at some point in their lives.

Why does everyone just concentrate on the bad side of mass genocide and igniore the good?

Solid post again.

Mass genocide and slavery are not the same thing. ISIS and slavery are not the same thing.

That said, It's all you liberals ever do anyway is bash Christianity and concentrate on the good things about Islam
(02-25-2016, 02:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: Solid post again.

Mass genocide and slavery are not the same thing. ISIS and slavery are not the same thing.

How may times this this need explained to you?

It is called an "analogy".  It is a common tool in persuasive argument. It compares the similarities of two different things in order to make a point.

But since you hang out with people who believe that no other country on earth had slaves you have probably never heard of this term.