Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone would stand up?
(02-24-2016, 10:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is from your link . . .

Then in the comments section, one autodidact after another is outraged students are "required" to attend.  I'm trying to figure out if you understand schools and businesses encourage their students and employees to actually show up.  Do you know they encourage you to show up?

Ah.. I see.

You think that there I am unaware of a difference between signing up for a class (which would be optional) and then not being able to drop the class once that you have agreed to attend it.

No, once you agree to attend it, you have to attend it.  However, the class itself IS still optional and not a requirement to attend.
(02-24-2016, 10:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you opted for the more informal Youtube video brainwashing?  We all know what you "read" in a Youtube video is true.

Yeah.  I only watch Youtube.  Ya caught me.   Smirk
(02-24-2016, 10:22 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Fred has been very clear that he thinks blacks can't lie about racial profiling

That's not true, either.
(02-24-2016, 10:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's not true, either.

Oh, well as long as you just say so.  I guess it must be so.  You are right! ThumbsUp
(02-24-2016, 10:22 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Fred has been very clear that he thinks blacks can't lie about racial profiling

I think SN doesn't even want to have a debate.  All he wants to do is screw up this forum with comical garbage like this.

He can't be serious with these arguments.  So ithink we should all just start treating him the way he treats all of us.  Don't even try to engage in a rational discussion.  Just make stuff up and try to pass it off as an argument.  then when proven wrong just say something like "If you say so". 

Let me start.

SN clearly thinks we should bring back slavery, and that blacks would be better off letting white people run everything.

Let's see where this goes.
(02-24-2016, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think SN doesn't even want to have a debate.  All he wants to do is screw up this forum with comical garbage like this.

He can't be serious with these arguments.  So ithink we should all just start treating him the way he treats all of us.  Don't even try to engage in a rational discussion.  Just make stuff up and try to pass it off as an argument.  then when proven wrong just say something like "If you say so". 

Let me start.

SN clearly thinks we should bring back slavery, and that blacks would be better off letting white people run everything.

Please show where I have stated that we should bring back slavery?

While on the topic, do you think all slaves were mistreated?
(02-24-2016, 12:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Please show where I have stated that we should bring back slavery?

We could drop the wage requirement and allow people to take on indentured servants again.

I'm sure some would accept that in return for food and a roof over their head.

And on that note visa is processed. See you mofo's in a week. SN pls pm those sights in Istanbul for when we go back. Thanks
(02-24-2016, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think SN doesn't even want to have a debate.  All he wants to do is screw up this forum with comical garbage like this.

Let me start.

Ahh... the old Cliven Bundy directive.
(02-24-2016, 12:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Please show where I have stated that we should bring back slavery?

My wife's family is from Mississippi. When I head to the South (the real South, not the kind you see from the Interstate), it always cracks me up their view on slavery. They still have no idea why black people just got all upset all the sudden, or why there was such a big misunderstanding and the North came in. I hear this sometimes when I'm in the real South and the conversation comes up. My answer is always to tell them to send me their mothers, wives and daughters, I'll take care of them. Usually, it gets laughed off and it ends the conversation because, in the end, nobody would agree to putting the people they care about at the whim of somebody else.

But it's the same with the bold: some may not have been, but it still doesn't make slavery a good idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 01:31 PM)Benton Wrote: My wife's family is from Mississippi. When I head to the South (the real South, not the kind you see from the Interstate), it always cracks me up their view on slavery. They still have no idea why black people just got all upset all the sudden, or why there was such a big misunderstanding and the North came in. I hear this sometimes when I'm in the real South and the conversation comes up. My answer is always to tell them to send me their mothers, wives and daughters, I'll take care of them. Usually, it gets laughed off and it ends the conversation because, in the end, nobody would agree to putting the people they care about at the whim of somebody else.

But it's the same with the bold: some may not have been, but it still doesn't make slavery a good idea.

No argument there.

However the idea that every slave was mistreated is completely overblown.

There was no incentive by the owners to constantly beat the slaves.

I am sure this will be misconstrued but I will try it anyway.

If I was a slave owner, I would not be the "Beat until they can't stand guy", how is that helpful to the bottom line?

It would be imperative for me to make sure my slaves were well taken care of.  Their food, shelter, clothes and general well being would always be on the forefront of my mind.  A sick, slave that isn't well fed or taken care of would not be as productive as a healthy slave would be.

Now I am not saying that we shouldn't have done away with slavery, but the narrative espoused by the Marxist mentality that the white slave owners did not try to take care of their slaves is an insult to reason.

I don't have to anymore.

I have decided that f you refuse to dabte like an adult I will do the same thing.  All I have to do is claim that you said it and base my argument on that.

If you don't like debating like this then change your style.
(02-24-2016, 01:38 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No argument there.

However the idea that every slave was mistreated is completely overblown.

Owning a person is mistreatment enough.

How can you not see this?

You are constantly bawling your eyes out about not being able to exclude black people from your community.  If you think just having a black person live near to you is a violation of your precious liberty then how would you feel about being owned by another person?

Would you say it is "not that bad"?
(02-24-2016, 01:38 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote:  
There was no incentive by the owners to constantly beat the slaves.

I am sure this will be misconstrued but I will try it anyway.

If I was a slave owner, I would not be the "Beat until they can't stand guy", how is that helpful to the bottom line?

It would be imperative for me to make sure my slaves were well taken care of.  Their food, shelter, clothes and general well being would always be on the forefront of my mind.  A sick, slave that isn't well fed or taken care of would not be as productive as a healthy slave would be.

Now I am not saying that we shouldn't have done away with slavery, but the narrative espoused by the Marxist mentality that the white slave owners did not try to take care of their slaves is an insult to reason.

My grandparents were all farm folk. I think you and they differ on the treatment of livestock. And, at the time, slaves were livestock. If livestock is sick or unable to work, you put it down and get another one. If livestock doesn't work hard or has bad temperament, you beat it until it does work or takes commands.

I think you're looking at it with the logic of someone in the 21st century talking about pros/cons of owning another person. But pre-20th century attitudes toward livestock don't fit into that same logic.

So, I'll say the same. If you're in favor of slavery, send me your mom, wife and any daughters. My farm is used for hunting not farming, so I don't need manual labor, but the ladies will be taken care of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't have to anymore.

I have decided that f you refuse to dabte like an adult I will do the same thing.  All I have to do is claim that you said it and base my argument on that.

If you don't like debating like this then change your style.

You debate like an adult?   LMAO

Fred you really should have been a comedian.

You refuse to debate, because you aren't any good at it.  So you just throw stuff and hope it sticks.  Seems like a wonderful tactic.  I am fully questioning your claims of being a lawyer.  
(02-24-2016, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Owning a person is mistreatment enough.

How can you not see this?

You are constantly bawling your eyes out about not being able to exclude black people from your community.  If you think just having a black person live near to you is a violation of your precious liberty then how would you feel about being owned by another person?

Would you say it is "not that bad"?

Marxist brainwashing here folks.

You think that every slave was beaten with a whip, repeatedly?

No, not every slave was mistreated.  Some actually had very good lives, even better than some whites. 

I have stated repeatedly that I don't think slavery was a good thing that needed to be preserved, but I am not so foolish to think that a person was automatically mistreated just because he was owned by another person.

Some slaves were freed by their masters for doing an exemplary job.  
(02-24-2016, 03:09 PM)Benton Wrote: My grandparents were all farm folk. I think you and they differ on the treatment of livestock. And, at the time, slaves were livestock. If livestock is sick or unable to work, you put it down and get another one. If livestock doesn't work hard or has bad temperament, you beat it until it does work or takes commands.

I think you're looking at it with the logic of someone in the 21st century talking about pros/cons of owning another person. But pre-20th century attitudes toward livestock don't fit into that same logic.

So, I'll say the same. If you're in favor of slavery, send me your mom, wife and any daughters. My farm is used for hunting not farming, so I don't need manual labor, but the ladies will be taken care of.

Debatable.

Not every slave owner looked at their slaves as livestock.  To some they were human and even some were treated like an extension of their family.

Did you have the ones that had the mindset of your grandparents?  Sure.  However you can't think that they were all thought of or treated that way.

Some slave owners, bought slaves, had them work for them and then freed them, along the lines of indentured servitude.
(02-24-2016, 05:16 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Marxist brainwashing here folks.

You think that every slave was beaten with a whip, repeatedly?

No, not every slave was mistreated.  Some actually had very good lives, even better than some whites. 

I have stated repeatedly that I don't think slavery was a good thing that needed to be preserved, but I am not so foolish to think that a person was automatically mistreated just because he was owned by another person.

Some slaves were freed by their masters for doing an exemplary job.  

Based on this logic ISIS is not really thst bad.  They don't behead or burn ALL of their prisoners.  They even let some of them go.  People who think ISIS kills all of their prisoners have just been brainwashed.

And white people were killing white people before ISIS came along, so you can't blame ISIS fro doing anything wrong.  White people have killed hundreds of thousands of times as many white people as ISIS.

Plus ISIS knows how to treat women properly.  Keep them in the home having babies instead of out taking jobs away from the harder working men.  They have not been brainwashed by the feminists.

Anyone who thinks ISIS is all bad has just been brainwashed.

And this is true because I taught it to myself instead of being brainwashed.
(02-24-2016, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on this logic ISIS is not really thst bad.  They don't behead or burn ALL of their prisoners.  They even let some of them go.  People who think ISIS kills all of their prisoners have just been brainwashed.

And white people were killing white people before ISIS came along, so you can't blame ISIS fro doing anything wrong.  White people have killed hundreds of thousands of times as many white people as ISIS.

Plus ISIS knows how to treat women properly.  Keep them in the home having babies instead of out taking jobs away from the harder working men.  They have not been brainwashed by the feminists.

Anyone who thinks ISIS is all bad has just been brainwashed.

And this is true because I taught it to myself instead of being brainwashed.

Your flow of logic is quite entertaining.  It is almost like watching a show of Seinfield.

However let's go with this for a bit.

The premise is that slavery in itself is bad and should be stopped.  However not all slaves were mistreated and some did live decent lives, so while slavery itself is bad, there was actually good to come out of it. 

I mentioned in another thread that there is no such thing as pure good and pure evil.  There is no such thing as just good and evil.

That would also hold true for ISIS.  While misguided, ISIS, is rallying young people to have a cause.  There is also a brotherhood among it's members.  Even though they plan suicide attacks that we call terrorism, to them they see it as an act of martyrdom and ISIS does build strong faith among it's followers. 

While ISIS is very flawed in our eyes.  In theirs they see themselves as just and righteous. They are fighting for what they believe in.  While I fully denounce their methods.  I can at least understand them on a more human level.

I am pretty sure that is not the answer you were expecting with your hyperbole.
(02-24-2016, 10:33 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Oh, well as long as you just say so.  I guess it must be so.  You are right! ThumbsUp

It's not true just because I say so.  This is what you just claimed . . .

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Confronting-Racism?pid=178614#pid178614

This is what Fred actually wrote . . .

Quote:This is a complete lie.

Another fantasy you made up to support your fantasy belief system.

The really really sad part is that black peoople get NOTHING from making claims like this.  They are no different from the thousands of white people who also claim they are innocent and that cops just hate them.  They all still prosecuted and sent to jail iunless they can prove their claims in courts.  

So why is SN so upset about some of them them making some false claims?  It is basically the exact same thing he is doing when he sobs about how he is the vistim of oppression by a weak poor minority that does not control anything.

Fred indicated at least some of the claims of racial profiling are "false" which indicates they can lie.  In other words, Fred stated the exact opposite of what you claimed Fred stated. 
(02-24-2016, 07:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's not true just because I say so.  This is what you just claimed . . .

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Confronting-Racism?pid=178614#pid178614

This is what Fred actually wrote . . .

Fred indicated at least some of the claims of racial profiling are "false" which indicates they can lie.  In other words, Fred stated the exact opposite of what you claimed Fred stated. 

Cool, You found 1 post out of the countless that Fred has made that support you.

Man, You are amazing!