Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone would stand up?
(02-15-2016, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If they said the best way to end the violence toward children would be to kill all adults, then yes.

According to my post, all they did was speak out against violence towards children. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-15-2016, 04:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: According to my post, all they did was speak out against violence towards children. 

Then no. Do you expect someone to say yes?

As to my answer of your question it seemed in keeping with the link given in the OP and the topic at hand. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-15-2016, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then no. Do you expect someone to say yes?

I wouldn't expect anyone rational to say yes. The same if I asked "if someone speaks out against violence towards children, are they uncaring of violence towards adults?".

Quote:As to my answer of your question it seemed in keeping with the link given in the OP and the topic at hand. 

Agreed. It was some of the branched out conversations that made want to ask the question. 

(02-15-2016, 02:10 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Again, Grundy still has her job, shouldn't that be enough to stand up and say something?  Forget for a moment the idea that if a white male did what she did would be fired, and just focus on what she did, don't you think there should have been a protest at Boston College calling for her removal?  A hunger strike? 

What if a white professor claimed that "white privilege" was just created to help black people because they are all scheming liars trying to get stuff they don't deserve by shaming white people

Would you agree there should be a protest to get him fired?

What if a professor claimed man has not contributed to global warming?  Should he be fired?

What about a professor who claimed that the Zionist running Israel are cause us a lot of problems in the middle east?  Should he be fired?

My question is this...Are you more concerned about Grundy not getting fired or the imaginary white man in your head who did the same thing getting fired?

Are professors allowed to voice their opinions or not?
Can't we just let the free market sort this all out?
(02-15-2016, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What if a white professor claimed that "white privilege" was just created to help black people because they are all scheming liars trying to get stuff they don't deserve by shaming white people

What if a professor claimed man has not contributed to global warming?  Should he be fired?

What about a professor who claimed that the Zionist running Israel are cause us a lot of problems in the middle east?  Should he be fired?

My question is this...Are you more concerned about Grundy not getting fired or the imaginary white man in your head who did the same thing getting fired?

Well, then you have no problem providing all these white male or female professors that are calling for the extinction of black people.

I'll wait.

The answer to the question you have is- Grundy should be fire JUST LIKE the imaginary white man in my head.  Hey Fred if you don't think you will be fired for doing the same thing, then please by all means, create a twitter and voice your opinions.  Now as an experiment, I would like you to post the tweets that Grundy posted but switch "white men" to "black women".

Go ahead, don't be afraid, after all "Aren't you allowed to voice our opinions or not?"
(02-16-2016, 01:44 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Well, then you have no problem providing all these white male or female professors that are calling for the extinction of black people.

I'll wait.

The answer to the question you have is- Grundy should be fire JUST LIKE the imaginary white man in my head.  Hey Fred if you don't think you will be fired for doing the same thing, then please by all means, create a twitter and voice your opinions.  Now as an experiment, I would like you to post the tweets that Grundy posted but switch "white men" to "black women".

Go ahead, don't be afraid, after all "Aren't you allowed to voice our opinions or not?"

Here's a few for him to amend:

http://socawlege.com/boston-university-assistant-professor-saida-grundy-attacks-whites-makes-false-statements-on-twitter/

I'll wait while he does. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-15-2016, 03:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Those mentioned see a perceived slight. Or worse. If you don't, don't support it.

I don't see a perceived slight against white guys, so I don't have a lot of interest in pro-white policies. 

This is why I say brainwashing.

I am not saying you are... just that anyone that doesn't see the attacks on white culture and white people in are not doing so because of the way they were taught to perceive the world.

If the teachers in school are constantly telling white men that they are evil, racist, that are responsible for all of the world's issues and that any attack directed toward them from one of the slighted groups is justified because of white men's actions,  then that is how you and most other whites will perceive things.

Those same teachers are telling the slighted groups - that they are justified in any action toward white men and they are also telling them that white men are evil. 

That is why I say don't listen to the SPLC - if a group is telling you that white people are under attack - listen to them.  The SPLC doesn't list BLM as a hate group - however they do list Renegade Broadcasting.

As the video states - any group that does come out is immediately mocked and attacked for being a white supremacist and racist.  What that does is make people like you disregard the message.  Even if the message is truthful.
(02-15-2016, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if a group started talking just about violence against white people would you critcize them the way you do the ones who just complain about violence against blacks.  if someone started a "White Lives Matter" movement would you start squealing at them that "ALL lives matter"?

So i don't really understand what you want.  it seems that you are complaining that white people don't have the same type of advocacy groups that you complain about blacks having.  How can the same thing be bad for blacks, but good for whites?

I wouldn't have to squeal anything - you would be very quick to denounce the group and say that "all lives matter", it would be labeled a hate group.

Do you think that Black lives matter should be disbanded then?  Since all lives matter, you should be against them... are you?

Ok- I will explain - it isn't a bad thing for blacks to have advocacy groups - show me where I said it was bad.  However if blacks are allowed to have advocacy groups then whites should also have advocacy groups.  I think the mistake you are making is that you are under a false assumption that I hate other races and that I think whites are superior.  No matter how many times I have stated how this wrong, it still seems to be the perception that you have.

As I have told you - I have been to Uganda - the people there are fascinating and great, they are wonderful.  I have been to S. Korea, and the S. Koreans are also a great and wonderful people. 

So I support the advancement of other races, even in our own country.  However, I also think we should do more to advance white people in our country.  There are a lot of poor disadvantage white kids in this country, those kids don't have advocacy groups to give them a leg up. 

If the NAACP is already advocating for the advancement of colored people, then why should I need to advocate for colored people?  Where are the groups advocating for the advancement of white people?  There aren't any pro white groups that don't automatically get labeled as hate groups.
(02-15-2016, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Every group of people has a radical minority like this. Fortunately, it seems like there was immediate backlash against the "exterminate white people" person by the organizer of the event. He even compared the man to "Hitler".

I tend to believe that most white people don't want to get rid of black people and most black people don't want to get rid of white people.

(02-15-2016, 04:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It? You quoted a lot there. Do I think the response to this man gets the same attention? If it doesn't then it's the media's fault for being one sided and only showing black people who speak out against white people.

I am talking about the attention of anti-white attacks.  If a black man attacks a white man and screams "I hate white people" it is a blurb, as if the media is saying "Look it happened, but there is nothing special about it",  you are right it is the media's fault, however it is also the fault of people not holding the media accountable.

White people currently aren't experiencing the same issues as black people are with our criminal justice system. They're actually more likely to have an easier time, so that may be why there is no group. 

Again - this is marginalizing the threats just because of the color of the person's skin.  You have been conditioned to believe this so therefore you think advocacy groups for blacks are OK while whites don't need them.  That line of thought is dangerous.  You should be advocating for yourself. 

I think it's silly to mock these people as they don't understand what BLM means. They're absolutely correct in saying "all lives matter". The issue is that "black lives matters" means "black lives matter, too" not "only black lives matters". So when they respond that way, it suggests that they don't believe there's an issue. I good response to "all lives matters" from BLM would be "I agree, and in order for all lives to matter, we need to understand that black lives matter too". One of the issues with such a dysfunctional organization with no real leadership is there's no true solidarity in their message and no good PR. 

Black lives ALREADY mattered.  They have not been ignored.  See, you rationalize BLM.  That is why ALL LIVES MATTER was started - to tell black people, that BLM is unnecessary.  White people already know and they knew that black lives are important.  There was NO need to create this organization.  

Ok? Not sure what this was in response to. This may be why people keep accusing you of strawmanning. You throw in these random arguments as if we were arguing the opposite. I will counter with "the KKK isn't just poor people" and I will agree that this kind of prejudice against any group, including white people, is dangerous when coming out of the mouths of individual who can wield a lot of influence (like professors). 

Look at the bold in your previous comment - you say extremist on both sides - the KKK are the extremist on the white side.  No one takes them seriously.  On the other side are people of repute.  They are college professors.  You can counter that the KKK are just poor people, maybe not poor- but they are not in position like college professors.  If you know one that is currently a college professor and they are freely expressing their views then I would like to see the link.  So it isn't strawmanning - you actually said what you said, and I was explaining that what you are trying to marginalize as "both sides having extremist" as if to suggest that since both sides have them it isn't a big deal.  I contend that it isn't the same because the influence that a college professor has is not the same as the influence that mechanic has.

Continuing with what I was saying, this line of thought can be dangerous. Students should protest if they disagree. They should protest if they agree. Her comments weren't as inflammatory, but if I were a BU student, I would probably not feel welcomed in her class. I would most likely not take it. Then again, if I was a Sociology student, I would understand the fact that this isn't a new belief in the field. I'd applaud any student who took her class and challenged her, just as I would applaud any student who challenged any professor. 

I can agree with this... however college professors are notorious vain.  They have no problem failing students that don't toe the line.  I would also contend that other colleges should be encourage to find a white professor that has opposing views as hers to teach.  This way the sharing of opposing ideas is freely encouraged.  However you and I both know that a white man wouldn't be allowed to be near a college campus if he expressed that black women were the problems in our society

One of the biggest problems on college campuses is that students want to be shielded from ideas that make them feel bad. Screw that. Face them head on.

I agree with this.  I think the PC police have destroyed universities and have made a mockery of the college system.  Someone hurts your feelings?  Suck it up buttercup.  

I read a few stories to familiarize myself and none of these news outlets (Major Boston papers) called them white supremacists.

Didn't you just say that Renegade Broadcasting is a hate group?  You made sure that everyone knew that they stood against Jews and supported Hitler.  That in itself is calling them white supremacist.  Look at what I have been called, just for being pro-white.

I disagreed with those in Mizzou. The President was foolish for giving in to them. They were disorganized and unrealistic in their demands. They threatened free speech and free press on campus. I didn't find the media to be overly sympathetic though. 

Good for you.  You disagreed with the actions of Mizzou.  If only more people would show the same disagreement.  I think they are because enrollment and admissions for Mizzou has decreased.  I think that is the most appropriate thing that could happen.  I also say as Nately suggest, is let the free market play out. 

Dude, I just responded to the video. I added this to the end because it's hard to edit posts from my phone. Don't act like I dismissed the video when you literally read and responded to my response to the video.

The point was this comment was not needed.  It has no bearing on the video or the point of the thread.  Who cares if RB supports Hitler and is against Jews?  Just so you know if you question the validity of the claims made about the Holocaust you are automatically labeled an Antisemite?  Basically if you say that Auschwitz wasn't a death camp (not that there were no death camps, just that Auschwitz wasn't one of them) then you are against Jews?  There is a Jewish man that has been ostracized for questioning and he did a very convincing report on it.

This is what people are telling you, man. When have I "listened to them"? Hell, I have been critical of them here for fundamental flaws in their delivery of their message and their treatment of others. Get the **** out of here with this shit.

No, you might be saying you don't listen to them.  However there are people that are listening to them.  You being critical is good.  That is a start.  Thanks for correcting me.  

I think this sums everything up.  If the message isn't for you, then it isn't for you. 
(02-15-2016, 04:07 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sooooo the real question is:

Under over 10 pages before this thread gets inevitably locked?

We will see.  I would hate for it to be locked.  I will try to do a better job myself, but I have no control over others.
(02-15-2016, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If they said the best way to end the violence toward children would be to kill all adults, then yes.

This is the point. 

It is one thing to say, "Hey I am against violence toward black people."  However to say "that in order to prevent violence toward black people we need to kill all white people"

If these people were the Black Panther Party then you could just brush it off, since KKK does the same thing.  However a college professor is quite another story.
(02-16-2016, 01:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's a few for him to amend:

http://socawlege.com/boston-university-assistant-professor-saida-grundy-attacks-whites-makes-false-statements-on-twitter/

I'll wait while he does. 

I would love for him to take me up on the challenge.  I know he won't.

It will be funny hearing his reasoning on why he won't.

I am sure it will be "Why would I do that?"
(02-15-2016, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What if a white professor claimed that "white privilege" was just created to help black people because they are all scheming liars trying to get stuff they don't deserve by shaming white people.

A white professor would be fired.  Black professors such as Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell who for the most part hold those beliefs (less the vulgar language) still hold their positions in academia.

My guess is that he's be fired on the spot. No protest needed.

Stupid and irrelevant question. But no.

No. Reprimanded. They are there to teach, not to indoctrinate students with leftist demagoguery.

Hell no. As I said they are there to teach. Haven't we had enough of the democrat state run media give their opinions rather than just reporting the news?

Students are to develop their own opinions. A good professor would conduct a class playing devils advocate for both sides letting students form their own opinions.

Get a load of this moron "professor" caught on tape bashing Republicans

http://news.yahoo.com/video/extreme-liberal-bias-caught-tape-004614928.html

(02-16-2016, 03:11 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Again - this is marginalizing the threats just because of the color of the person's skin.  You have been conditioned to believe this so therefore you think advocacy groups for blacks are OK while whites don't need them.  That line of thought is dangerous.  You should be advocating for yourself.  

What institutionalized threats exist for white people in the justice system?

Quote:Black lives ALREADY mattered.  They have not been ignored.  See, you rationalize BLM.  That is why ALL LIVES MATTER was started - to tell black people, that BLM is unnecessary.  White people already know and they knew that black lives are important.  There was NO need to create this organization.  

The data respectfully disagrees with you on this. This is like saying there is no need for groups that advocate for battered women because there are some laws and shelters.
Quote:Look at the bold in your previous comment - you say extremist on both sides - the KKK are the extremist on the white side.  No one takes them seriously.  On the other side are people of repute.  They are college professors.  You can counter that the KKK are just poor people, maybe not poor- but they are not in position like college professors.  If you know one that is currently a college professor and they are freely expressing their views then I would like to see the link.  So it isn't strawmanning - you actually said what you said, and I was explaining that what you are trying to marginalize as "both sides having extremist" as if to suggest that since both sides have them it isn't a big deal.  I contend that it isn't the same because the influence that a college professor has is not the same as the influence that mechanic has.

Again, when was I arguing against you on this? You're so eager to have something to disagree with that you rush to put arguments in people's mouths. I'll play along right now if you want me to. I am correct in what I said. These people represent a minority and the majority does not agree with them. Does a random visiting professor who was immediately compared to Hitler by the black man who ran the event wield some bit of influence? Sure, so obviously that makes him a little more dangerous than Cletus the slack jawed yokel who talks big at the redneck bar every night. Still, it's dishonest to suggest that anyone who is a part of a white supremacist group doesn't have influence. David Duke would take offense.

Quote:Didn't you just say that Renegade Broadcasting is a hate group?  You made sure that everyone knew that they stood against Jews and supported Hitler.  That in itself is calling them white supremacist.  Look at what I have been called, just for being pro-white.

No, that was based off their other shared videos that attacked Jews, Israel, and supported Nazism. It had nothing to do with that particular video.

Quote:The point was this comment was not needed.  It has no bearing on the video or the point of the thread.  Who cares if RB supports Hitler and is against Jews?  Just so you know if you question the validity of the claims made about the Holocaust you are automatically labeled an Antisemite?  Basically if you say that Auschwitz wasn't a death camp (not that there were no death camps, just that Auschwitz wasn't one of them) then you are against Jews?  There is a Jewish man that has been ostracized for questioning and he did a very convincing report on it.

I felt like it was. If you want people to stop accusing you of being racist and accept that "pro-white" isn't racist, don't use sources from pro Nazi groups. Trying to help you out. Also, let's not turn this isn't a holocaust denial thread. 

I do appreciate the response. It was a civil exchange and I hope you saw that because someone accepts that there are issues regarding race, they don't believe in the tactics used by inexperienced social activists with ridiculous expectations. 

(02-16-2016, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What institutionalized threats exist for white people in the justice system?

You don't think being fired for "Making the Black Kids Angry" would count as a form of institutional injustice?  How about the potential to be sent to jail if you killed a black person and you couldn't prove that it was a justified killing (protecting yourself and family) and you are charge for a hate crime?  Now this isn't in our country but since everyone wants us to be like other countries, in the UK you can in fact be arrested for speaking out against non whites.

The data respectfully disagrees with you on this. This is like saying there is no need for groups that advocate for battered women because there are some laws and shelters.

Actually the data shows that it does agree with me.  BLM was created to bring to light that of all the times blacks are killed by whites.  They always protest when a black person is killed by the police.  However the data shows that white people are killed by the police more than black people.  Also blacks kill other blacks more than whites kill blacks.  BLM doesn't protest the black on black killing, which happens more, they instead protest the less likely white on black killing.

Again, when was I arguing against you on this? You're so eager to have something to disagree with that you rush to put arguments in people's mouths. I'll play along right now if you want me to. I am correct in what I said. These people represent a minority and the majority does not agree with them. Does a random visiting professor who was immediately compared to Hitler by the black man who ran the event wield some bit of influence? Sure, so obviously that makes him a little more dangerous than Cletus the slack jawed yokel who talks big at the redneck bar every night. Still, it's dishonest to suggest that anyone who is a part of a white supremacist group doesn't have influence. David Duke would take offense.

This is where I would post a pic of a face palm.  We ARE in agreement that there are calls from both sides.  You then went toward the "I didn't say that" with my comment that the KKK is not on the same level as some of the people calling for the complete removal of the white race.  The reason for this comment is because of you saying "there are extremist on both sides".   David Duke would not be hired by any college, due to his views.  This is the point.  At one time, Duke did have some success in a small area.  Now, today - not a long time ago- we have people teaching in colleges that are spewing anti-white propaganda.  They are not being held accountable, which we both agree they shouldn't necessarily be, however it is very one sided.

No, that was based off their other shared videos that attacked Jews, Israel, and supported Nazism. It had nothing to do with that particular video.

So are you calling them a hate group?  or Not?  Again you are making sure everyone knows what RB supports and what they are against - even though this particular video doesn't mention any of these things.  Yet you made sure to bring all of this up.

I felt like it was. If you want people to stop accusing you of being racist and accept that "pro-white" isn't racist, don't use sources from pro Nazi groups. Trying to help you out. Also, let's not turn this isn't a holocaust denial thread. 

I am not turning this into a holocaust denial thread.  I am not one of the people that denies the holocaust, I was just making a point that some people are coined Antisemitic just because they question the validity of the claims made.  To me that is dishonest, someone questioning the validity of claims and is searching for truth, shouldn't be called a holocaust denier and an Antisemite.  

I don't care if people are accusing me of being a racist, if they want to continue to call me something that I know I am not then that is on them.  I am not going to stop spreading the message due to fear of people not being smart enough to know that just because I post a video from RB, doesn't mean I fully agree with everything they say and stand for.

For instance, I have watched videos from a man that supports the insane Flat Earth idea.  I have traveled to Korea, I went from Florida to California then over to Korea which was all east travel.  Returning - I went back to California and then Florida which was all west travel.  I have also traveled to Thailand - I went from Georgia to Dubai to Thailand, all east travel.  If I wanted to - I could take a short flight from Thailand to Korea and I would have had to go east to get there.  So that means I can get to Korea whether I go east or west.  Hence the Earth is not flat. 

However some points this guy makes - question everything, don't just take someone's word for it, is valid.  Don't let the big S - Science- replace your religion.  Religious leaders say "Don't question" however this same concept is applied for the big S -Science, no one is supposed to question it.  So while I think he is crazy for his belief of a Flat Earth, to me he does have some valid points to not dismiss.

I do appreciate the response. It was a civil exchange and I hope you saw that because someone accepts that there are issues regarding race, they don't believe in the tactics used by inexperienced social activists with ridiculous expectations. 

Of course you don't have to agree with the tactics of activist.  I wouldn't support any group that called for the genocide of non white groups, either.  I hope you understand that just because someone stands for his own race, that doesn't mean they are anti-other races.

Enjoy! ThumbsUp
(02-16-2016, 01:44 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Well, then you have no problem providing all these white male or female professors that are calling for the extinction of black people.

I'll wait.

(02-16-2016, 01:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's a few for him to amend:

I'll wait while he does. 

So when you guys make an argument based on an imaginary claim somehow I am the one who has to prove you wrong?

You made the claim based on an imaginary claimso YOU do the work to prove it.

I'll wait here while you do.
(02-16-2016, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do when YOU make an argument based on an imaginary claim somehow I am the one who has to prove you wrong?

You made the claim so YOU do the work to prove it.

LOL- you must be confused about what I am asking you to do.

I say there are college professors that are very anti white.  They are free to share their opinions with little to no backlash.  Guys like you just call it free speech.

So you asked:

"What if a white professor claimed that "white privilege" was just created to help black people because they are all scheming liars trying to get stuff they don't deserve by shaming white people

Would you agree there should be a protest to get him fired?"

To answer that, I requested you to please post all of the links of white professors who are doing this.

I know they don't exist because a white professor doing just this would be fired immediately.  There would be huge backlash and guys like you would say that they do have free speech just not freedom from the consequences of spewing hate speech. 

So me agreeing with whether there should be a protest to get him fired would be unnecessary, since the action would be immediate.

The point of my post was to illustrate how wrong your post is.  If you can find a white college professor that is anti-black then please post the link.  As I said, I will wait.
(02-16-2016, 01:07 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: LOL- you must be confused about what I am asking you to do.

I say there are college professors that are very anti white.  They are free to share their opinions with little to no backlash.  Guys like you just call it free speech.

So you asked:

"What if a white professor claimed that "white privilege" was just created to help black people because they are all scheming liars trying to get stuff they don't deserve by shaming white people

Would you agree there should be a protest to get him fired?"

To answer that, I requested you to please post all of the links of white professors who are doing this.

That is nmot what happened at all.  You made your imaginary argument in the third post in this thread.

(02-15-2016, 06:04 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It isn't just that though.  Saida Grundy is still employed, yet you know as well as I that if the races and genders were reversed she would be fired.

You made the claim first.  So it is your job to back it up, not mine.  
(02-16-2016, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is nmot what happened at all.  You made your imaginary argument in the third post in this thread.

You made the claim first.  So it is your job to back it up, not mine.  

You are losing it Fred...

So you want me to prove that a white man would be fired if he said the things Grundy said? 

Is that what you want?

Confused  

You think a white man wouldn't be fired?  Do you really think this?