Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why your team sucks
Tyler Eifert is the flimsiest thing to come out of Notre Dame since Brian Kelly’s excuses after the scissor lift accident.

Ouch. Just...ouch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:41 PM)jason Wrote: I'm pretty sure the comments are from Bengals fans. Haven't had time to read them this year either.

Believe you are correct and already see plenty of shade dealt toward Bengals from fans on here to have to read.

But the article just seemed satire and not from Bengals fan.

Either way still think we will have to have playoff success to curtail the negativity. 

And I get that, do not agree to the degree the shade is thrown, yet get it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe you are correct and already see plenty of shade dealt toward Bengals from fans on here to have to read.

But the article just seemed satire and not from Bengals fan.

Either way still think we will have to have playoff success to curtail the negativity. 

And I get that, do not agree to the degree the shade is thrown, yet get it.

If you read the Why Your Team Sucks for other teams it softens it a little bit though. They're all actually pretty funny. I usually get around to reading them for the AFC north teams at the very least.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 12:00 AM)jason Wrote: If you read the Why Your Team Sucks for other teams it softens it a little bit though. They're all actually pretty funny. I usually get around to reading them for the AFC north teams at the very least.

Will revisit and give it a try then. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Only read a few but it helped, thanks usually do not read up on other teams outside of sports page and fantasy football stuff.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 12:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will revisit and give it a try then. 

Here is the 2017 paragraph about Ben, to convince you:

Your quarterback: Oh my God Big Ben RETIRE *****. We’re nearing Favre-ian levels of waffling with this man, and he’s roughly half as likable. I love how, after 13 years of getting his brain turned into anchovy paste, Big Ben is like DURRRRRRR BIG BEN WANT TO RETIRE TO SAVE HEAD. I got news for you, kiddo: That train left the station a long, long time ago. Like, at birth. Big Ben came into the league as Fatter, Dumber, More Evil Gronk, and he’ll leave the same way. Meanwhile, while he wasn’t spending the offseason begging everyone to tell him he’s pretty, he was busy dumping on his own teammates:

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he does not know if Le’Veon Bell will be in good enough “football shape” to play all the time and immediately be a large part of the offense when he returns to the Steelers.

I’ve seen corpses less bloated than Ben Roethlisberger and he’s ripping another guy for his conditioning? What a complete ass. Have another french fry sub, Tubby.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 11:04 AM)Millhouse Wrote: It's come a long ways in the last 20 years or so, so I think any ripping it gets is from older memories when there wasnt much to do downtown.

Which is appropriate because, as the quote attributed to Mark Twain (but not necessarily verified) goes:

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times."

I love Cincinnati. I live here. I've always lived here. I never want to not live here. But as far as "big cities" go, I understand why Cincinnati is considered one of the worst. When you go to Chicago, LA, New York, Boston or even Indianapolis or Columbus you get a different sense than in Cincinnati. 

Cincinnati has come a long way in the last 20 years, especially in regards to their downtown area. But it is still one of the most decrepit and broken down downtown areas I've been in. Maybe it's my own jadedness talking, as I grew up in the area and went to UC. So I grew up hearing about the insane levels of crime coming out of OTR into Clifton (at one point in 2010, OTR was considered, literally, the most dangerous neighborhood in America) but I generally don't feel safe in downtown Cincinnati/OTR and the news stories coming out of that space do not lend to a better sense either (like the woman being shot outside Lachey's). They are currently gentrifying OTR, but it is taking a long time and if you go even 1 or 2 blocks off of Vine, you start to feel that danger again (See Lachey's).

I'm looking forward to continued growth in Cincinnati, but I think it'll be hard to lose the tag of "boring, dangerous city" when compared to the other cities.

The fact that Cincinnati is, relative to other major cities, fairly conservative is also a hindrance in the public view.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati is not even close to being considered a “big or major city.”

And you mention Chicago and then talk about how unsafe it is here? They have more shootings in a weekend in Chicago than we do all year!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cincinnati is not even close to being considered a “big or major city.”

And you mention Chicago and then talk about how unsafe it is here? They have more shootings in a weekend in Chicago than we do all year!

Cincinnati metro pop is 28th in the country and thats not even including areas like western hills and nky... try again bud.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:56 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Cincinnati metro pop is 28th in the country and thats not even including areas like western hills and nky... try again bud.

Comparing Cincinnati to cities like NY, LA, and Chicago is downright silly. Of course we’re “boring” compared to them. At least compare it to cities that are similar size like Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cincinnati is not even close to being considered a “big or major city.”

I lived in Chicago, and as long as you don't take the red line south past Chinatown you'll be fine.  Statistics, be damned!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I lived in Chicago, and as long as you don't take the red line south past Chinatown you'll be fine.  Statistics, be damned!

My grandpa was from there, and I went there a bunch as a kid and we always had a good time. Not too much desire to go there these days though.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 09:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is the 2017 paragraph about Ben, to convince you:

Your quarterback: Oh my God Big Ben RETIRE *****. We’re nearing Favre-ian levels of waffling with this man, and he’s roughly half as likable. I love how, after 13 years of getting his brain turned into anchovy paste, Big Ben is like DURRRRRRR BIG BEN WANT TO RETIRE TO SAVE HEAD. I got news for you, kiddo: That train left the station a long, long time ago. Like, at birth. Big Ben came into the league as Fatter, Dumber, More Evil Gronk, and he’ll leave the same way. Meanwhile, while he wasn’t spending the offseason begging everyone to tell him he’s pretty, he was busy dumping on his own teammates:

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he does not know if Le’Veon Bell will be in good enough “football shape” to play all the time and immediately be a large part of the offense when he returns to the Steelers.

I’ve seen corpses less bloated than Ben Roethlisberger and he’s ripping another guy for his conditioning? What a complete ass. Have another french fry sub, Tubby.

Fair enough, and bashing or hearing others bash Ben never really gets old. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

The metric is more than just murders. It's crime in general. And, for a period of time in the 2010s, OTR was the highest crime rate in the country among all neighborhoods, Chicago neighborhoods included.

I think the website even had a "percent chance" type of thing and OTR had something like a 55% chance of being a victim of a crime if you were ever in that neighborhood at all (like, you walk down the street you have over a 50% chance of being attacked/mugged/murdered).
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The metric is more than just murders. It's crime in general. And, for a period of time in the 2010s, OTR was the highest crime rate in the country among all neighborhoods, Chicago neighborhoods included.

I think the website even had a "percent chance" type of thing and OTR had something like a 55% chance of being a victim of a crime if you were ever in that neighborhood at all (like, you walk down the street you have over a 50% chance of being attacked/mugged/murdered).

It had to do with the percentage of crime per the the size of the neighborhood. Other cities problem areas are/were much more spread out.

Anyway, OTR is MUCH different than it was in 2010. Not to say there’s not still a lot of crime around the area, but it’s better than it was. Just like anywhere it’s all about situational awareness.

Reply/Quote